We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Champion
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Champion
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My family came here years ago and I had fond memories, this was probably 20 years ago. We decided to book our Christmas week trip here and knew we would probably pay a premium but we figured it would be a memorable holiday. We made the mistake of letting the front desk sell us the meal plan and how it is such a great desk. The breakfast buffet was decent but a lot of the food was cold when they should be hot or kept warm at a minimum. The dinner buffet was disappointing. Food was bland and nothing worth mentioning. They offered a special holiday buffet was you had to pay an upgrade. This was never mention before. One night no buffet was offered even though we had prepaid and they only offered up credit to another restaurant not if our choice and only offered the value of the prepaid meal plan not the actual buffet value that we prepaid at a discount. It was a classic bait and switch scam. The hot tub the font desk raved about requires an additional cost to hotel guest that wasn't told to is either. The resort boasts about all the amenities but not the additional costs. I plan to never take my family here again. You feel cheated, they should let us know at the time of booking especially if they are selling the amenities to you. It seemed like everything required a fee or purchase of an upgrade. It's ridiculous!

• Stayed: December 2013
8  Thank CynthiaRo8

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This place is a scam.... Bartenders are great but everything else is over rated. Ski patrol thinks there some one with psp authority... Ticket counters are ignorant and all in all not a pleasent experience. I have been season pass holder and property home owner here for 15 plus years and am looking to take my family elsewhere.
The extra drive to snowshoe or wisp is well worth it. Sorry 7springs u have lost mine and my families business.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank steve t
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Season Pass Holder,

We truly appreciate your business. If there is a particular situation that you could provide further details on, we can collaborate and work towards correction.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

Warmest regards,
Karen

Karen Gray-Knieriem
Hotel Front Office Manager
814-352-7777 ext. 7575

Reviewed December 16, 2013

winter wonderland. 12 days of christmas special. Just arrived home from a wonderful get away night. Seven Springs is all decorated for Christmas. Everything is gorgeous.
Staff welcomed us with open arms. We had reservations for a king room slope side. The rooms are spacious and inviting. Ceramic floors in the entrance way. Small "wet bar" area sink. Spacious bathroom recently renovated with beautiful tile to the ceiling.
Lighting was perfectly placed. Lots of space for luggage, extra coats, ski equipment etc. desk set up for computer. Drapery and bedding werecozy and modern. Balcony was nice. Yes, we went outside and looked at the slopes in the freezing cold weather. It was so pretty at night. Dining was excellent in the Timber lounge. Breakfast was delicious also. Utilized the bar in the evening to watch the 8;30 p.m Steeler game. Service excellent. Hotel housekeeping was wonderful. Very clean. didn't want to leave and plan to return

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Warmest regards,
Karen

Karen Gray-Knieriem
Hotel Front Office Manager
814-352-7777 ext. 7575

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed earlier this fall for a weekend getaway. This was our first time at the resort. We immediately noticed that the resort was very clean peaceful. I was taken aback at how large this resort is; I was expecting a sleepy ski resort. The interior of the lodge had a Shining-like atmosphere.. only in a cozy way. The resort has many activities available other than skiing/winter sports, but make sure you look these up yourself before arriving at the resort.

Our room was basic, with king-size bed facing the slopes. Our room was somewhat renovated, but I heard from others in our group that theirs was severely outdated. We didn't hear anything from our neighbors or the rooms above/below. The bed was average but did have very nice sheets.

We dined at the bar for lunch. My meal was okay, although overpriced (but the same as most ski resort food places). Others in our group said their food tasted like a school lunch. We dined at the Slopeside restaurant. This was one of the best meals we've had in a long time. The service was outstanding and we were very well taken care of. Most of us had steaks that were around $35 per plate. I feel this was a fair price, given the quality of the food and the outstanding service.

Now, for the one thing that left a very sour taste in my mouth...

Resort guests have to PAY to get in the hot tub?! WHAT?! And it isn't cheap: $15 per person per hour to get in a private,outdoor hot tub. Other dislikes about this resort include very unpredictable/temperamental elevators, an inconvenient parking situation, and shower heads that were made for people under 5'2.

This isn't a cheap resort. Our room was $190/night and it wasn't even ski season (no snow on the ground whatsoever). For prices like this, I expect free use of hot tubs, better-kept elevators, and maybe an overview of available activities on the property at check-in. I was underwhelmed.

Room Tip: Opt for the slope-side rooms on a higher floor. The view is worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank SRay13
Zach C, Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback about your recent stay at Seven Springs Mountain Resort. We do offer our guests the indoor pool and outdoor pool in the summer months for no additional charge. However, the hot tubs do give our guests the privacy that they enjoy and unfortunately we have a limited amount of hot tubs. Because of this we do have to charge a small fee for their usage.

Thank you again for your feedback and I will make sure your concerns are reviewed by our Executive Team.

Best regards,

Zach Costelnock
Social Media Manager

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I went for the weekend together away before our baby arrives. I was very excited when we pulled up because everything looked so nice.. When we arrived at our room it looked a little outdated. After a two hour drive I was looking forward to laying down. I was so disappointed because the bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. It was hard as a rock. We both woke up with back pain after tossing and turning all night. There was a knocking sound that woke us up numerous times during the night. We couldn't figure out where it was coming from. We even asked the front desk and they didn't know. We ate at the restaurants to only find out the food was just ok. Timbers food took forever to come out even though there was hardly anyone in there. We ate the Italian buffet and the breakfast buffet also. Nothing great about that. The spa however was amazing. Evelyn did an amazing job on my prenatal massage. The whole spa was very relaxing. There are a lot of activities at the resort but I don't know if I would stay again bc of the beds being so uncomfortable and the food not so great.

Room Tip: Choose 4th floor.. Less walking
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chrissy S
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We recently stayed at Seven Springs on a Saturday night in early November. We had no trouble getting reservation for Sat. night stay only and found the hotel had a fairly light crowd. We arrived at 1 and our room was ready for check in which was AWESOME. I opted for the room and $40 gift card, instead of bed and breakfast deal. Upon check in we got our gift card. Our room was a family queen on the second floor at the end of the hallway...it was VERY quiet. The room itself was awesome too. It had a room with a queen and tv, then a bathroom and then another bed room that opened onto a balcony. We loved the room and it was comfortable in every way. The grounds are very pretty, even in early Nov with no snow and the leaves mostly off. Also, the rustic feel of the property is pretty cool in the fall and winter. After check in... we hit the indoor pool. The pool is large and well maintained. We visited the arcade, upon our 7 year old's request and then hit dinner at Timbers. Timbers is the more casual restaurant of the 3 sit down restaurants. My husband and I ordered "amish chicken" which we assumed was baked. It arrived fried with mashed potatoes and asparagus. The entree was $18.95/per, but was worthy of about $8.00 at a diner. Our dinner bill for two chicken dinners, 1 coke, 1 kids choco milk and a kids mac n cheese was $47!!! THANK GOD we had a gift card to offset this bill. This is the only complaint I had about my stay. We did not stay in the morning to have breakfast because our dinner was so overpriced and underwhelming. After dinner we played a round of mini-golf. The course is nothing to rave about, but with my 7 yr old we had fun. Overall this time of year is a little too in between seasons if you are looking for any activity and there is not as much going on The slide was closed, but none of the winter activities are up and running yet. If you want a quiet time of the year, with little competition for reservations- this time of year would work for you.

Room Tip: The family queens on the second floor are newly renovation and spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I always enjoy our trips to Seven Springs. It makes for a beautiful short family vacation. While we do not do the great winter sports the resort is known for, they have are an all season resort and live up to that. We go several times yearly in the spring, summer and fall months. My only complaint is that there is no way to request a specific floor. My wife is mobility challenged and it is difficult for her due to extensive layout of the facility. We usually like 2 or 4 in one of the older buildings. We get the building, but not always the floor.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
#1 of 10 in Greensburg
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
#1 of 1 in Jones Mills

Been to Seven Springs Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!