“Zipping high and Fastttttt!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Champion
Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Champion
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
“Zipping high and Fastttttt!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had a great time with our biker friends at this resort on the zip line. 10 lines and some veryyyyyyyyyyyy long (1500 ft) lines....what beautiful views from the platforms. Our guides Mitch and Alena were wonderful and very supportive, not to mention their crazy sense of humor. They fit in with our group so well. $95 per person but since we had a group of 6 it was $85 per person...well worth every penny. Something you should put on your bucket list right away.

Green Features: It was good to see how they take care of the trees and how the platforms were built around them. There was information on each tree to identify them and they also had padding on the side you land on.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ellie C
7SpringsMtnResort, Public Relations Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at Seven Springs, thank you for visiting us and experiencing the new Laurel Ridgeline Canopy Tour! I will be sure to share your review with Matt and Alena's supervisor so they can be congratulated. We hope to see you on the mountain again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I noticed few other contributors’ complaining about certain resort costs. Without doubt resorts can be pricey and Seven Springs is no exception. This shouldn’t be viewed as show-stopper to enjoying a few days at a facility that has much to offer. Seven Springs has a wide assortment of entertainment selections – indoor and outdoor pools, indoor mini-golf, game room, bowling, hiking and biking trails, two different zip-line venues, a golf course, Segway tours, and more. Yes, some of those entertainment items require you to pay an additional fee. The restaurants are above average on costs, but there are plenty of eateries in the nearby towns if you need to be mindful of your budget. That sort-of takes the fun out of being at a resort, having to leave just to save a few dollars on meals. So expect to pay more for a few items, but in return you can park your car for the stay, get your mind off work, enjoy your family, create some nice memories and forget about the budget for just once.

My wife and I stayed for a couple of nights on the first weekend in June, mostly for the purpose of doing the Canopy Tour zip-line. We knew about the various activities the resort has to offer, but didn’t think much about those items as we knew that the zip-line adventure would consume at least a half-day, and my wife’s shopping for quilts would consume the balance. After spending the weekend and seeing first-hand what Seven Springs has to offer, we decided it is a definite return for us in the very near future. In fact, after we told a few friends of the zip-line and resort, we are now scheduling about 10 of us for a weekend stay. My wife and I had no problems with the staff. They were very pleasant and attentive. The room was clean and the bathroom looked like it was recently (within the last couple of years) updated. The restaurant food was good, with a nice selection of beer and wine. We did have a billing error, over-charged by nearly double, but resort resolved it without my ever having to call and complain. Overall the experience was very good and I am looking forward to returning and enjoying a few other activities.

Room Tip: If you like to off-road bike (trail biking), from what I coud see from the ski-lift, the trails are...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jrzj42
7SpringsMtnResort, Public Relations Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your experience at the resort and on the Laurel Ridgeline Canopy Tour. I have shared your review with our team and we'd like to thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful comments. I hope your wife was able to find some beautiful quilts at some of the area's local boutiques.

We look forward to your next visit!
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have attended a business conference at Seven Springs nearly every March or April since 2000. Last year nothing much had changed. This year I unfortunately cannot say the same. Indifferent customer service, much higher prices in restaurants coupled with a wait staff that is unengaged, and a failed air conditioning system all contributed to a disappointing and frustrating experience this year. Most of the charming little stores have become 'company owned' with merchandise that is over priced and predictable in every shop The views are still great and the food is still good. Expectations if you are a past guest need to be managed. Think Super 8 and you'll be fine.

Room Tip: Food is good but service is slow. Make sure you plan your time accordingly. Also if it is warm out...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank akamum
7SpringsMtnResort, Public Relations Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'd like to apologize on behalf of the staff at Seven Springs for your recent experience. We thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. Your concerns will be shared with relevant departmental directors and managers so that these incidents can be corrected. It is our mission to have every guest enjoy a legendary customer service experience and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Thank you again for your time!

Travelers are raving about these Champion hotels

Lewistown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed at Seven Springs nine times in the past twelve years. I was worried when the new owners took over that things would change. For the past few years, I noticed minimal changes, but nothing terrible. However, my visit in April of 2013 was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!!! First, it took them three tries to give me a room key that actually worked. Three trips from the lobby to the 9th floor and back, luggage in tow, is not fun. It was exceptionally warm for April, and the AC wasn't turned on yet and the room felt like an oven--and they were out of fans!!! Upon checking in I was told that the Slopeside Grill closed at 9pm but that food was available at the bar until 10pm--and it also stated that in the guest services book in the room. Hit the bar at 9:15pm for a late dinner...and was told that the kitchen staff went home because occupancy was low. I asked what my options were and was told 'Drive into town.' That wasn't a viable option. Waitstaff service the next night in the Slopeside Grill was abysmal, and menu prices have skyrocketed--but food quality was still excellent. The next morning we wanted to have the breakfast buffet, but it was not set up!!!! The response was "We have a large group and they have a private buffet so we don't have it up here today." It took some prodding before we were told that we could use our breakfast ticket to order anything in the menu. While shopping in the gift shop, we were approached by a security guard who acted as if we were shoplifting--very insulting! I was so disgusted that I commented on their facebook page that my trip was not great. They sent me a message and asked me to email them my comments directly, which I did. NO ONE EVER followed up to address my concerns. I posted another comment to their facebook page, and still no response. I am a business consultant and have instructed literally hundreds of business owners on the basics of customer service. The first rule is to ALWAYS follow up with a less than satisfied customer. We have a very limited budget for training, and the conference that we attend there is always excellent. But I have to admit, next year I will have to really think long and hard if our dollars might be better spent to an event in a different venue.

Room Tip: Make sure that you get a room on one of the upper floors. That way if the AC isn't working and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank mdr131
Dear Guest,

I'd like to apologize on behalf of the staff at Seven Springs for your recent experience. We thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. Your concerns will be shared with relevant departmental directors and managers so that these incidents can be corrected. It is our mission to have every guest enjoy a legendary customer service experience and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. If you'd like to speak directly with hotel general manager Dave Runco, please call (800) 452-2223, ext. 7485. Thank you again for your time!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have been going to 7 Springs mainly in the winter to enjoy the skiing but the resort is a four season's get-away. We love the mountain biking, local attractions such as Fallingwater, excellent dining and mountain hiking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at Seven Springs, thank you for visiting us! We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience and honored that you took the time to post such nice comments. We look forward to your next visit!
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had the opportunity to attend the wedding of my niece, who together with her husband decided that they would get married at "Seven Springs". Besides the very personal joy to be part of the celebration, I would like to say that the choice of "Seven Springs Mountain Resort" offered itself marvellously for the three-day-celebration. As the family and other guests arrive at the hotel, we could profit from the excellent infrastructure of the hotel. Noumerous nice gathering places and restaurants made every meeting with the guests to a special event. In addition to this we could profit from the various offers of sports activities or simply enjoy being on the terrace sipping on a cup of tea or nice aperitif. Finally the celebrations were held in two special rooms and at all times felt the guests very well looked after and were invited to enjoy an excellent meal.
If anyone is planning a wedding celebrationI with a big crowd of guests I would warmly recommend "Seven Springs Resort" because at all times one can enjoy the being together of spend moments individually at any spot of the resort - you will always feel comroftable.
The breakfast -and Sunday brunch buffets are simply fantastic!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay here, for a family members' wedding. It is such a scenic and beautiful Resort! I myself, have chosen to have my wedding here as well. I keep getting more and more excited as the day comes closer...thank you so much for sharing your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Warmest regards,

814-352-7777 ext. 7575
kgray@7springs.com
Fremont, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a great resort to stay and visit all year round. It's a popular winter destination, but we love it in summer too.

The location is just engulfed in nature - cannot get enough of it. We usually stay in the villas up the mountain - which are great for family and friends.

Lots of outdoor activities - or just go for a hike in the wilderness.
While you're there (in summer), try the Alpine slide - it's fun

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jubda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
#1 of 1 in Jones Mills

Been to Seven Springs Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!