From what it once was, it is now just a darn shame what it has become. It used to be a fun place to spend a weekend. No longer.
The prices are very, very much on the high end. Now granted, it is a resort, and you always expect to pay more when at a resort. But this is just ridiculous. And for these very high prices the he service - EVERYWHERE - is bad, bad bad. It is really a shame.
I will not go on any further. It is just too depressing to even write about it. The skiing is still the best around. Just find someplace else to stay. And eat. And drink.
I still gave two stars due to the slopes and the location. But the overall situation is just heart-breaking to those of us who have skiied and partied her for many, many years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven Springs Mountain Resort is the perfect place for family vacations that create lifelong memories. Each year the family-friendly resort hosts more than one million overnight and day guests who enjoy a vacation that includes the finest skiing, snowboarding and golf that Pennsylvania has to offer, the exhilaration of the new Laurel Ridgeline Canopy Tours, sporting clays and the ultimate in relaxation at the luxurious Trillium Spa.Seven Springs is conveniently located just off the Pennsylvania Turnpike, located within 200 miles of Pittsburgh, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Cleveland and Columbus.With more than 60,000 square feet of meeting space available, Seven Springs hosts more than 1,000 meetings, conferences and banquet groups each year. Seven Springs Mountain Resort can accommodate more than 5,000 overnight guests in its perfectly appointed 414-room, 10-story high-rise hotel, nearly 1,200 condominiums and town homes, 11 cottages and 15 chalets. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- 7 Springs Mountain Resort
- Seven Springs Pa
- Seven Springs Resort Champion
- Seven Springs Mountain Champion
- Seven Springs Mountain Hotel Champion