“Bars closed at 11:00 PM on a Saturday night!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Champion
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Champion
Pittsburgh, PA
“Bars closed at 11:00 PM on a Saturday night!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

From what it once was, it is now just a darn shame what it has become. It used to be a fun place to spend a weekend. No longer.

The prices are very, very much on the high end. Now granted, it is a resort, and you always expect to pay more when at a resort. But this is just ridiculous. And for these very high prices the he service - EVERYWHERE - is bad, bad bad. It is really a shame.

I will not go on any further. It is just too depressing to even write about it. The skiing is still the best around. Just find someplace else to stay. And eat. And drink.

I still gave two stars due to the slopes and the location. But the overall situation is just heart-breaking to those of us who have skiied and partied her for many, many years.

Room Tip: Try Donegal Holiday Inn Express or one of several hotels in Somerset. Donegal is closer, but Somer...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank BellaPittsburgh94
7SpringsMtnResort, Public Relations Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm sorry that you are disappointed with your recent visit to our resort. I'm taking aguess here, but it seems you stayed here over the Easter weekend. With few exceptions, we offer a late night venue every Friday and Saturday year-round with entertainment scheduled until 1 a.m. It's important to us for our guests to have this option on the weekends. One recent exception was Easter Saturday. Historically, late night options have not been made available either Friday or Saturday of Easter weekend. This year, we did offer Friday night as we were still open for skiing. I apologize if you stayed with us that Saturday and our late night options fell short of your expectation. Service issues are very concerning and more information would be helpful to address the problem you experienced. Thank you and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
DC Suburb
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on "new" tower. The rooms
Are well decorated but extremely small. The space is very tight. The walk out to patio is nice but noisy with people
Coming by. Free coffee in lobby was nice, wish they had hot cocoa for kids.

• Stayed October 2012
Bedminster, New Jersey
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our first time at this resort. It has many acitiviteis year round. We went for Easter weekend for my birthday and Easter. We decided to rent a condo instead of staying in the lodge. Great choice! It had 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and great views. We went clay shooting and had a blast. Our instructor was fabulous! There are many restaurant choices for all budgets. SLopeside had wonderful views of the ski slopes and the Easter brunch was outstanding and a grat value. Helen's is their nicest restaurant. We went there for my birthday dinne.r Serivce was poor and the manager not on par wth a high end restaurant like that. Food as excellent though. The closest town with stores is 17 miles away. If you are an acitive family you won't need to go off property though. Overall a very fun weekeknd.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
While we are happy to see that you enjoyed your accomodations and Easter buffet, we apologize for falling short on your birthday dinner at Helen's. I will be forwarding this review to the proper department Director's to ensure a repeat occurence does not take place. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

Warmest regards,

kgray@7springs.com
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My boyfriend surprised me for my birthday with a weekend trip to Hidden Valley. The room we stayed in was very nice and clean and the bed was super cozy. We hung out at the pool during the day and had some drinks at the little cabana bar. While there were plenty of other activities we could have done, we only rode the ski lift during our stay. Breakfast was included with our room and it was very good. We had a light dinner on the balcony at one of the restaurants. It was ok. Sunday was a breakfast buffet and there were so many choices. All in all it was a nice, relaxing summer getaway.

Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife planned a get away for my 52 birthday. Upon arrival the front desk staff was very unfriendly.They placed us in a room that had an tolerable odor in the third floor with a very outdated structural and decorative features. THe noise from the upper floor ( restaurants) was also intolerable. My wife called the front desk and was told that we can be updated to an upper floor for an extra $20. We agreed,they moved us to Room# 965. We went and did a couple of activities ( snow tubing and bowling), the activities were so pact and unorganized.Every thing was so dirty and staff for regular cleaning. The Arcade and the Bear Trap Fun Zone were plain filthy.There were used dirty napkins on machines every thing was greasy.We went to bed at 10:30 p.m only to be waken up by a group of party animals at 12: 40 a.m. I called the front desk only to be told that the security will be sent to handle the situation. The party continued till 1:30. At 1:45 the room above me started (10th floor) started their own show, I called the front desk only to be answered by the night shift auditor(Debbie)who claimed she will send the security to talk to them. The noise continued,I called again ant I was told by the same person they will send security to talk to them again. That did not work either this time.I called the third time and requested to speak with a manger,the answer was there was no night shift manager. I asked if they can send me the security to my room so that they can hear for themselves the noise and the constant floor pounding.The security was not sent to talk to us,consequently we decided to leave the facility at 3:30 a.m.driving two hours to our home in WV. Bottom line, the facility is dirty the staff is unfriendly and non cooperative. I will never go back and do not recommend this facility to anybody.I asked Debbie to have the day shift manager to call me. it did not happen!! I called my self and requested to speak to the day shift manager who was supposed to call me (karen),I was advised that she went home because she was not feeling well.I asked if I can talk to any manager, I was referred to the voice mail of the facility general manager.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank g s
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear guest,

I sent an email to you on Sunday morning, following up with you from the night prior and letting you know when I would be available. The General Manager, David Runco, left you a voicemail yesterday. An adjustment has already been applied to your account. Should you have any further questions, or need confirmation of this, please feel free to contact us directly.

Warmest regards,

kgray@7springs.com

Travelers are raving about these Champion hotels

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed in a slope side room, great views, clean although someone left some trash in the room, and great slopes. Service is terrible. Anytime I needed to ask questions the staff seemed bothered. One waitress sighed and repeated how she couldn't wait to leave, and how the customers were annoying her in front of me. There were probably only 2 or 3 nice people that worked there (the older gentleman at the bavarian bar, the lady in the snow school, and housekeeper). The guests were so nice and friendly. Check your bill before you leave because mine was way off. If you don't care about crappy service, I'd recommend this place to anyone because the pros outweigh the cons.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Kcs1030
Please contact me directly in regards to the billing error that you encountered, so I can rectify and prevent a future similar occurrence.

Very sincerely,

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family stayed at the Seven Springs Mountain Resort over President's Day weekend this year (2013) along with 2 other families. The rooms were very expensive (we paid $375/night for a two bed room) but I was expecting high rates due to the holiday weekend. There aren't many lodging options in the area so the resort definitely has a captive audience. To my surprise, the lodge was horribly out of date. The public spaces were panel covered to give that warm and rustic lodge feel. There is a good way to use paneling and the way that people used paneling in finished basements during the 1960's and 70's. The latter is 7 Springs. Next, our room. I felt like I stepped back in time to the 1980's as I entered the room, which was probably the last time the rooms were updated. The "period correct" mauve carpet was old and dirty with visible dust and dirt along the walls. My family made sure to wear socks until retiring for the night. The furnishings consisted of worn out oak veneer furniture and bedding that wouldn't pass for a Super 8 hotel. The hallway design coupled with the room layout allows the noise from loud, drunken guests to be a constant annoyance all night long. If you are on the fourth floor (main route to and from the lobby and bars), you will likely not sleep. Count on people knocking on your door throughout the night and a steady flow of heavy foot traffic in the narrow hallway. Our room temperature with the thermostat OFF stayed a toasty 80+ degrees. We called several times and finally were told that the steam system has limits and doesn't allow for any cooling, just heat. We received a $10 box fan covered in dirt to help make our stay more pleasant. We opted for leaving the door to our patio wide open while in the room - it was 10 degrees outside which managed to help offset the inferno inside. A few other details worth considering: 1) parking is a nightmare on busy weekends. The valet was full and a quarter mile walk from the lot was the norm. 2) The restaurants are understaffed and make onsite dining frustrating. 3) the included dinner and breakfast is not worth it - those meals are redeemable in the buffet room which is an old banquet room. Some friends of ours opted for that package and shared the tickets with us one evening. The experience was like being at a country hillbilly wedding reception minus the bride. Net, don't stay at the lodge. We learned there are private condos nearby which would be a much better option. We stayed at the Holiday Express in Donegal the first night we arrived and despite the 10 mi drive to the ski resort, it would have been a much better experience to stay at the HI for the full weekend. It was also $135/nt there vs. $375/nt at 7 Springs.

Room Tip: Don't stay here but if you are forced to through a hostage situation or because of a blizzard th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank Allen M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Hampton Inn Somerset
Hampton Inn Somerset
#1 of 12 in Somerset
Cobblestone Hotel & Suite - Connellsville

Been to Seven Springs Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!