“Our family trip to Seven Springs”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Champion
Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Champion
Reviewed January 24, 2012

After reading the reviews on this site, I was a bit leary about what to expect upon staying at Seven Springs. It was our first visit.
We stayed for 3 nights and used the Winter Family Memories package for 2 nights. For the most part, the service was very good. Only 2 instances where I felt it lacked a bit: 1) as in the review below, the Concierge (a woman) was not very helpful. I asked her a question and she seemed like she did not want to be bothered to "look up" the answer for me. Instead she made a "guess" of the answer. Not impressed. 2) the woman at the front desk in the Snow Tubing area could use a smile and a lesson on friendliness I think. 3) the waitress we had the last morning at breakfast in the Slopeside Restaurant took way too long to acknowledge us and attend to our table with drinks. Normally, I wouldn't care except that I had 2 children with me who wanted their drinks and that I was annoyed that she continued to wait on a large table of Snowboarders who had already been waited on...she continued to provide them refill upon refill of their drinks while not even acknowledging our first! Other than this, the rest of the staff were WONDERFUL, helpful and friendly. The girl who checked us in was especially nice. Can't say enough about them - great!

We found the food at Seven Springs and the buffets especially quite good. Good variety and they mix up things every day.

We stayed in the Main Hotel in the Towers with a Slope view. We were on the 10th floor. The room was clean and comfortable. In fact, it was one of the cleanest hotel rooms I've stayed in a long time. I would def stay above the 4th floor. 4th floor is the busiest as it goes to shopping and restaurants so staying there would be busy through hallway. You can hear them grooming the slopes at night a bit but it didn't bother us too much on the 10th floor. However, might be more noisy on the lower floors.

The place isn't cheap by any means. It cost us a bit for the 3 nights, even considering the Winter Family Memories package. But for the most part, I think it's a nice place. We had fun skating, bowling, miniature golfing, and in the arcade. Snow tubing was really fun! My biggest complaint of the whole time was the last day we were there. The weather was warming up a bit but we had gotten some snow overnight/that morning. The were also "making snow". My husband decided to take my 2 young kids snowboarding before we left. We rented the boards,boots, etc there. Once they got out there, the snow making especially, made it almost impossible! The beginners area that was listed as "open", well, the Magic Carpet was not so made it tough walking back and forth up the hill. The snow making put ice all over from head to toe but also made everyone DRENCHED! We had snowboarded the day before in the rain for 2 hours and weren't as wet as 30 minutes under the snow making!! In the end, my husband and kids were done after 30-40 minutes!! Unbearable! We spent almost $200 in rental for 30-40 minutes! I heard other snowboarders/skiers complaining about the snow making and how it made it almost impossible. Why didn't someone in the rental place tell us or have a sign up to warn us of these conditions? It was a huge waste of time and money. You can't tell me that they don't know what the conditions like that do. They could be courteous enough to warn novice people of what to expect and that they ski/snowboard at their own "financial risk". Very annoying!

In conclusion, I would go again. We would probably only stay 2 nights at most in future. I would be careful to NOT rent on days when conditions were not favorable as no one will advise you. In fact, I might look into renting off property beforehand next time. All in all, we had alot of fun and it was worth the trip.

Room Tip: Stay in Rooms Above 4th floor in towers - 4th floor too busy, lower floors might be bothered by slop...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kerrychick74

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I have owned property here for 16 years. Service was awesome until recently. On numerous occasions the service has been less than desirable. If you own in the villages expect a shuttle half as often as southwind. Sorry but if you don't have 1 mill to drop on a vacation home you aren't worth our time. Really disappointing in buying back into this resort where I'm treated like second class for only spending 1/2 mill on a place. Please just rent, they don't appreciate ownership. And if your smart just boycott the nuttings all together!

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank worldtourcritic
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stayed at a 4 bed/4 bath condo in Woodridge. It was very clean and in excellent condition. Everything about the unit was perfect. The free shuttle made it easy for us to get over to the mountain and lodge area.

Snow was very light so this made our ski vacation slightly less focused on skiing. The tubing was awesome - and had plenty of man made snow on it.

The pizza restaurant in the lodge was great. The main lodge restaurant was a little pricey and the service was less than desirable. The hardest working employee in the restaurant while we were there for dinner was a bus boy. Waitress was not familiar with beers on the menu and came back to the table twice to tell us that orders we had placed were not available. The person at the "concierge" desk of the lodge was not helpful and actually seemed distracted and inattentive to guests (the desk was not busy).

Other than the dining experience, we had a great visit to Seven Springs.

1  Thank tdrf
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This was our 1st trip to 7 Springs. We enjoyed our stay & would recommend the resort to others. Even so, I have a few things to share:

I booked our family suite 1 month in advance & was told there was a 2 night minimum--didn't want/need 2 nights, but understood since it was a holiday weekend. Upon arrival I heard personnel at the front desk tell someone they waived the minimum because there were still rooms available! Our check-in time was @ 6 pm (odd), but even though we arrived @ 1:30, we were given our room! I booked a parkside room but was given a slopeside room--great--we've received upgrades before, but when I checked out I was charged for a slopeside room! The family room is great for families & couples too. Basically there are two rooms with queen beds separated by the bathroom area--great for privacy. We were on the 4th floor/slopeside which was noisy @ night when the machines groomed the slopes from around 11p-1am!

There are several restaurants/eateries/bars: we ate @ the Slopeside Restaurant buffet 2 nights in a row--$29/Saturday & $19/Sunday, Pizza Palace, Mt. Perk, Pit & 1st Tracks.

We were with our Son so we went to the roller skate/blade rink and the fun zone/arcade. The (small) bowling alley, indoor mini golf, indoor pool all looked like fun for kids/families. We also used the (small) fitness center (for guests only). Even though free wi-fi is offered in several locations, I was unable to connect with my I-pad (other people said the same), but I-phones did work.

The weather wasn't the greatest and skiing suffered--foggy on day 1, rainy on day 2. On departure day we tried to ski but gave up after 2 hours of being pelted by the snow making machines (I've never been to a resort that turns on the snow machines during the day)!

One last thing -- the resort keeps its rooms/halls/common areas WARM--unusual for a ski resort where guests are dressed in multiple layers.

Room Tip: Slopeside rooms are subject to the noise of the snow grooming machines & snow making machines!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FrugalMother
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I could not refuse a great stay/ski package deal but the weather was not on our side. Most of the slopes were not open and I have seen more bare naked mountain than snow even when the resort try to make snow. The weather was simply too warm. Due to the lack of good skiing, the resort credited us with $30 per person for not being able to ski at night. We stayed on the 10th floor and the room was actually quite nice for the ski resort. I have no major complaint about the quality of food except the Christmas dinner buffet had beyond rotten potato salad. I think the resort did as best as they could since there were about 300 Chinese families who booked for the Christmas special package deal as well and the waiting time was very long at times to get a table and to get the food.
We have two small kids and they were quite happy with kids meal, indoor miniture golf, arcade and the pool!
Only minor complaint I have is that the guy watching people get off the lift at the top of the mountain was not paying attention at all. There were number of small kids falling as they were getting off the lift and the staff did not stop the lift allowing it to run over the kids. The same guy did not even make an attempt to come out and get the ski back to the parent or the kid...
And this happended multiple times.
Other than the minor issue with one of the staff, we had a great time.
Make sure not to get a room on the 4th floor since everyone from the tower uses the hallway all through the hours to get to the restaurants/bars etc...

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor!!! It is the main way to get to all the restaurants and entertainment venue. A...
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We have been coming to 7 Springs for almost 15 years for Christmas, minus one year we had a baby! This has been the first year that we have had problems. The prices have always been a little high, but comparable to other East Coast resorts of similar size. The staff this year seems to be angry and not satisfied. We needed to change our reservation (against policy, even though it is not written anywhere) and I had to go to the head manager to have it taken care of. We almost went ahead and canceled because it was such a problem dealing with her. Once we arrived we had no wireless, which was in the original reservation and was needed for my husband's job. When we called the front desk to ask about it they proceeded to "remind" us several times that we changed our reservation and should be thankful he have the condo we have, despite it being before Christmas and not busy! We called for the shuttle to come and pick us up and was treated as if we were inconvieancing them, before I could ask how long it would be before pick up I was hung up on. When I went into the concierge to get some information about the pool and surrounding area, for hiking and other things to do, the women wouldn't even get out of her chair to come and talk with us, and she had not suggestions! We needed new towels and a mop to clean the mud from the tile floors, I was transferred three times, and it was easier to go to the main lodge to get what we needed. My husband was given a hard time about using the pool, even though when we checked in we were told all we needed was to show our condo key to get into the pool. Perhaps the staff is upset there is no snow, but we felt there was plenty to do and it is a pretty place to spend Christmas. Being treated poorly and not finding smiles or any costumer service has caused us to reconsider spending our Christmas here in the future. If we are going to pay these prices, we will go somewhere else and hopefully get treated better.

Room Tip: Always call to make sure you have amenities you want in each condo rental
7  Thank KellyArehart
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My husband has been going here all his life. He introduced it to me and then we started bringing our children which are now teens. We enjoy staying here every ski season for about four days. Weekdays are less hectic if you can do it. The resort is huge, lots to do, but it all costs extra - except the pool. Skiing is great and tubing is fun! The breakfast buffet is awesome, but the rest of the food is okay, nothing fabulous. We usually bring our own food for lunch and snacks and eat dinner in Timbers or get a pizza. The rooms are fine. We prefer to stay in the tower, slopeslide, on a middle floor. It is very rustic. My only problem with the place is the prices. It is very expensive! Sometimes I do feel that for the expense the food could be better and the rooms nicer, but we always have such a good family vacation I chose to ignore it.

Room Tip: Slopeside is nice, but beware of the lower floors, they groom slopes at night and those snowcats can...
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Hampton Inn Somerset
Hampton Inn Somerset
#1 of 12 in Somerset
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa

Been to Seven Springs Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!