“Wish I would have choosen a different Campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Champion
Mountain Pines Campground
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here July 22, 2011. We chose this campground because we wanted to go to Idelwild Park. The ONLY good thing about this campground is that it is only about 20minutes from the park.
We checked in late on Friday night. Security escorted us to our site. I had requested a site with shade and this site did have shade...although I think the trees should probably be trimmed a little. The leaves got caught in our awning when we packed up. There was a baby pool and a metal yard deer on our site that must have belonged to the camper next to our site. The guy who escorted us to our site told us to just park beside it....I had to move the items. As we were setting up, the state police showed up with really big guns and a loud speaker saying "Percy come out with your hands up!" The guy in the permanant trailer behind us was being arrested!!! This is when I started calling other campgrounds. Unfortunantly it was too late at night and no one was answering. This was a little scary when I have 3 young children camping with me. Then at 6:am they guy was outside arguing with his wife. I guess they didn't keep him in jail very long. Security showed up and threw them both out.
We ended up staying and going to Idelwild the next day. We got back to the campground around 9:30pm and there was a very loud band playing. I had read on the sign that the band was going to play until 11:30 but they didn't stop until closer to midnight. The other campers must have enjoyed it a little too much because they continued to party until late into the night. They even had a water fight with their hoses from their sites...
On the day that we were checking out I decided to take the kids to the pool. It was very, very dirty. I let the kids stay for 30minutes and then took them back to the camper to shower them. That's how gross it was.
This campground is probably 95% permanant sites. The neighbors that I spoke with were very nice and apologized for the state police showing up.
I will NEVER go back to this campground again!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank AmandaBF
There are newer reviews for Mountain Pines Campground

Reviewed June 7, 2011

We have been here three years in a row. We always come the first week of Steelers training camp. The place is clean with so many amnemities. The pools are awesome. The staff is helpful and friendly. The permanent campers are also very friendly. There are always a tons of activities for kids. Free putt-putt, tennis basketball, and Indoor movie theatre. The crafts cost $ but are fairly priced. They have adult bingo which is a big draw. They also had a night where yhey catered a dinner that was low priced and Delicious. The sites are spacious. There is a great rail trail just on the other side of the creek that we love to ride our bikes on. This campground has it all. If it weren't 3 hours from our house we would be Permanents there. Only negative is it is a little noisy by the dumpsters and water treatment.

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank HHiggs
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Interesting review chichi. We had a similar experience there this weekend. In February I booked a site down by the creek under the trees and I even called earlier this week to confirm. They asked again what size rig I had and again I told them I was towing a 31ft trailer and again I was told ok, no problem. When we arrived the very nice lady at the gate said that there was no way that our trailer would ever fit in that spot. Instead we were located to the upper wet lands where I had to re-level no less than 3 times due to us sinking into the wet ground. A little grading and stone work would help solve a lot of there issues. In addition to our site problem the outdoor pool was closed. That is a big issue on memorial day when it is approaching 90 degrees outside. One other issue was we lost all water pressure for sometime on Sunday. The seasonals told us that that happens often there on busy weekend.
With all the negatives I listed we still had a great time because of all the wonderful people there that call this place "home". I would have liked a nicer spot and maybe a tree, I would have liked my promised site, I would have liked a outside pool......... BUT, It was still a fabulas weekend. The fireworks were awesome and the activity director was great with the kids.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank gsolomons
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Booked a site in February, told them it was the site we could fit our 5th wheel in, when we went to check in on Friday, May 27 we were told that it was given away they have the prefrence to not hold sites what a joke stuck us in 2 other spots and we sank our truck and camper had to be pulled out twice would not refund our money because it was a holiday weekend.....STAY AWAY from this place if you know whats good for you......

Room Tip: stay somewhere else........
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank chichi4540
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Hampton Inn Uniontown
Hampton Inn Uniontown
#1 of 9 in Uniontown
Holiday Inn Express Somerset

Been to Mountain Pines Campground? Share your experiences!