“Excellent Rest Stop”

Chambersburg Travelodge
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The room was clean and free of any odors. The bed was comfortable. The towels were soft. There's a nice Italian eatery across the street and several fast food joints nearby. A limited free breakfast (bacon & eggs, cereal or oatmeal...each with toast and coffee) was provided in the adjoining diner. My only criticism was that, upon arrival, the room was cold and it took a while for the heater to warm it up. In summary, an excellent room for under $60.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Manish P, Front Office Manager at Chambersburg Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear John S,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are very glad to hear you had a nice experience upon staying here We are very sorry that the heater took some time to warm up. We hope to see and accommodate you again!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I were impressed with the price of the room and how really clean the place was, a free breakfast coupon for a full breakfast, has all the usual stuff like microwave, frig and color tv not a LCD or LED but a great tv with HBO and all the channels you would want.The bathroom was spotless, bright well lite and comfortable king size bed. The only thing that my wife could suggest is that parking lot be a little brighter in the back of the building, we will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Manish P, Front Office Manager at Chambersburg Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Easyboss,

Thank you so much for writing this review. We are glad you enjoyed our really clean rooms free hot breakfast, and our variety of channels on the TV. We are very for the problem you faced with the lighting in the back of the building. We will surely look into it. Again, thank you for your kind words. We hope to see again some time soon!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was looking for a cheap place to spend the night that accepts pets and that's what I got. Room was OK and had coffee maker and mini fridge. Had a little problem because it is not at all clear on their web site that there is a $10 fee per pet (it is on their web site, but you have to know where to look).

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Paul M,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm very sorry that our room did not fully meet your needs. Also, we are sorry about the situation about the $10 pet fee. We hope to see you again and make your stay better.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I checked in on Friday Oct 18 and stay until Sunday Oct 20, 2013. Upon arrival I was greated at the front desk by a very friendly lady. She confirmed my reservation and gave me a coupon for our free breakfast at the resturant right next to the hotel. We had a very nice conversation and gave me my keys and said have a nice evening and if you need anything just let me know. Out room was very clean and nice. The bed was very comfortable. The price was very reasonable. The next morning the manager was outside when we went for breakfast and he was very nice and said good morning is everything ok with the room and if we needed anything just let him know. I went in the office later on that evening and the manager was very nice and we had a nice conversation. When we went to check out the manage again gave me his card and said to come back again and he would match any price that we may find on the internet. He thanked us for staying at his hotel. I would go back everytime I'm in the Chambersburg Area and need a place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Pamela B,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are very glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay here. I will definitely convey your message to the staff. Our staff strives to make our guests stay as enjoyable and worry free as possible, and I'm glad we did that for you. We would love to see and accommodate you again! Again, thank you so much for your kind words!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Super clean rooms. Super staff. Full breakfast at there restuarant. Free to Hotel guests. This place is a keeper. Try it once you WILL go back. I was on buisiness so didn't have time to enjoy all the sites. I would like to go there one time when I could just tour the area.

Room Tip: Have stayed twice so far. Room in front with private balcony. Room on the back no balcony. Both room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Rick W,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are overjoyed to know that you had a great stay. We are glad you enjoyed our clean rooms, super staff, and the full hot breakfast. We would love to accommodate you again. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while visiting Gettysburg. The good thing is that it was on our route to where our next stop would be and was about a 20+ mile ride to the battlefield. The check-in was just OK...nothing special, but when we experienced connecting problems with our laptop, the front desk was of no help and pretty much said it "was what it was". The connection was not good. The room was average and had the basic ammenities...the shower area was dark, but not a problem. We had breakkfast each AM of our stay at the connected restaurant.....choices for quests were limited but decent...the waitress was pleasant and seemed to do it all. Upon check-out the gentleman that checked us out was pleasant....so different from the woman upon check-in. Have never stayed at this chain before and am not sure we will again...not a bad experience but not what we were looking for.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sesuit2,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are very sorry for the problems you faced upon your stay here. We do take our guests comments into consideration and try to improve upon them. We will try our best to resolve the problems.