“good service, highly recommended”

Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I loved the staff. Great service. Good breakfast. Very nice swimming pool. Free business center. Free wifi in the room.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 31, 2010

My wife and I were married in Chambersburg and we had lots of family and friends traveling in for the wedding. Everybody who stayed at the hotel enjoyed it. I spent three nights there myself and the bed was amazing, it was like sleeping on a cloud! The hotel was clean, the breakfast was great for a complimentary hotel breakfast, and the staff was ever so accomodating to everybody in my group and very helpful in making reservations. The only issue is parking can be tight at night with the restaurant on the premises, but it never was a real issue.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed August 13, 2010

My daughter and I were on a long distance drive so we only wanted to get off Highway 81 for a good nights sleep and right back on in the morning. This was my first time in a Four Points. The hotel looked like is was a old structure that had been updated. Sort of. But why I recommend this hotel is it was sooo quiet. The beds comfy!! and (it's a Starwood property so) the fixtures trendy modern. It is the pool that looks like it got short changed in a renovation. It has this 1950's feel (cinderblock, the windows, huge ceiling) And for that I loved it. I was a competitive swimmer in high school and it reminded me of many pools I visited. Lastly, the "kids" at the front desk were soooo nice.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed at this hotel when we went to Gettysburg. We decided on this place so we could use our starwood points. We booked to rooms that connect so we could sleep 6 people. When we arrived we were upgraded to a suite connecting to a room since we are platinum preffered guests. The suite was very large it had a a kitchenette with a microwave and a full size refrigerator. The livingroom had a dining table and a couch with a coffee table. The bedroom had a king bed. The connecting room had 2 doubles so it turned out to be a 2 bedroom suite. We went swimming andw the pool was packed since there were two teams staying there and the water was not being filtered to our foresee. It was very dirty and salty and needed to be cleaned. The breakfast is really big in the morning there is alot to eat and we wre highly satisfied with that. the room was also really great. All in all we were highly satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stayed here while visiting Gettysburg. Rather than staying right in Gettysburg, we chose to find a Sheraton so we could use our Starwood account. This hotel was fine. Front desk staff was very efficient and pleasant. We had a king room that faced Rt. 81. Road noise was obvious, but it didn't bother us while sleeping. The boys in the hall constantly opening and shutting doors both at night and in the morning was more annoying. But that was not the fault of the hotel. Where are the parents? We had dinner at the Ruby Tuesdays which is attached to the hotel. There was no wait and our waitress was delightful. Food was excellent. Our bed was very comfortable, bathroom was clean and neat. The breakfast in the lobby was nice with a variety of fresh waffles you make yourself with batter and waffle irons, scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, yogurt, fruit, etc. All in all, our stay was fine and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nukat
Reviewed June 14, 2010

The four Points Sheraton was right off 81 as you crossed into Pennsylvania . On appearance it was pretty basic. The rooms were clean but on the small side. Free internet was available in all rooms and the hotel had a surprisingly nice free buffet breakfast which included waffles, cereals, yogurt and fruit. The lobby was small and a bit congested during the buffet but it flowed well. Several restaurants were nearby for dinner which allowed for a choice of menu. There was a pool on site. The hallways were noisy, smelly and echoed. For a Sheraton, it was not impressive but it was a convenient place to stop.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I am typing this review from my room at the Chambersburg Sheraton in the hopes that nobody else will sit in my place and be disgusted as I am right now. There is a musty odor throughout the building and is particularly worsened by the air conditioners. Our entire family is staying here for a wedding, and the other rooms that I visited also had the bad odors. One room had a balcony - and at least you can open the door and get some fresh air to cycle in. The pool is absolutely gross. Dirty rings around the edges, patches missing from the bottom, and the WATER is AWFUL. It smells like a foot locker and my husband inadvertently got some in his mouth - he said it tasted like salt water. Gross. The humid indoor air combined with the foul odors was enough for us to only linger a few moments before feeling like we needed to get out of there and SHOWER. (And typically I am a huge hotel pool fan! Especially for the kids!) The fitness center consists of two treadmills. (Hope there aren't too many people that want to work out in the morning.) The rooms are basic, at best. The bedding is not white, which I don't like, simply for the fact that stains are hard to see. The carpeting does not lay flat (a problem for my toddler). The bathrooms have dirt in the corners and the shower unit has a nasty off-color permanent mat in it, also ringed with dirt. The countertops, sinks, fixtures, and toilets are cheap, cheap, cheap. Clearly it was an old hotel that had been renovated at some point and it was a terrible, shoddy job.

On the plus side, the staff is very friendly. Its also nice to get free Starbucks coffee, water, bananas, and apples.

Overall, very disappointed in this Four Points Sheraton. Absolutely not worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family