Location - Right off Exit 16 of I-81 on US 30. Access is very convenient. Located in a very busy intersection. Not a scenic location, but convenient.
Parking - Free open parking lot. Gets filled up on busy nights. Overflow lot is across a street.
Lounge - Spacious, clean, spartan. A computer is available.
Check-in - Quick, courteous and efficient.
Room - Adequate size, clean, a nice wooden storage cabinet with clean lines, big desk and desk chair, an upholstered chair. A balcony overlooking a small water treatment pond and a street.
Bed - 2 Double beds, comfortable mattresses, good pillows.
Climate Control - Good air-conditioning with digital control.
Bathroom - Smallish size, usual toiletries, towels are a bit on the rougher side, very good water pressure.
Housekeeping - Very good for the class of the hotel.
Internet Access - WiFi and wired internet access in room is included in room charges. WiFi speed is adequate.
Hallways - Clean with relatively muted illumination.
Access - Multiple entry points with card operated access. One door on the parking lot side did not need any access card - a potential security issue. Elevator and staircases are adequate.
Swimming Pool - Indoor, comparatively big, popular with kids.
Fitness Center - On first floor - treadmill is available.
Guest Laundry - On first floor - inadequate numbers of washers and dryers. Involved a long wait. Coin operated.
Breakfast - Breakfast is included. Served in the lounge. Usual continental breakfast with some cooked items - scrambled eggs and sausage on one day; biscuit and gravy on another day. Yogurt and banana were also available. Good coffee.
In-room dining - It was supplied by the adjacent Ruby Tuesday. Efficient order taking and fast, courteous delivery. Food quality is ordinary. Price is not exorbitant. Gratuity and delivery charge is automatically added and they provide the option to add to the room bill - both feature are very convenient.
Others - Ruby Tuesday, Starbucks, Long John Silvers are next to the hotel. Walgreens is nearby. Plenty of stores and chain restaurants. Panera, Moe's Mexican Grill are a couple of minutes away by car on Gateway Avenue.
Check-out - Efficient - charged to the credit card.
Overall - a good value for money. Location is convenient. Will be even more attractive with improved bathroom and expanded parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chambersburg lies in the heart of Pennsylvania, along the way from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia. It may be a small town, but it offers a big welcome. This is one of the most historic areas in the country, with the famous Gettysburg battlefield a short drive away. Our Chambersburg hotel provides you with cozy accommodations during your stay, with amenities that distinguish us from other hotels near Gettysburg. Business travelers can make use of our four different meeting rooms, which can host up to 96 guests. Also, make sure to take advantage of our packages for additional perks. Linger awhile, and enjoy our hospitality at Red Lion Inn & Suites Chambersburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Chambersburg
- Four Points By Sheraton Chambersburg Hotel Chambersburg
- Sheraton Chambersburg
- Four Points Chambersburg
- Chambersburg Sheraton
- Chambersburg Four Points