“excellent service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
London, Canada
“excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel was good. Spacious rooms, good breakfast. I just want to thank the management for being so kind a flexible for allowing my father and I to postpone our arrival date by one year-- even though my booking was through Hotwire. Most hotels won't do this, but when my dad and I had to cancel our trip to Gettysburg the summer before due to a death in the family, management was so kind and generous to allow us to come at a later date. Thank you to Jessica and Erin for your profound kindness.

1 Thank butchartd
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us! We are glad that you finally made it! It was certainly no problem at all to postpone your arrival, as the reservation had been paid for. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future, on perhaps, a return visit to Gettysburg!

Erin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Laurel, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel was mostly great. It was in a central and easy to find location. Near a few god restaurants. Great service. Everything we needed was provided for without being asked for. BUT, it needs a MAJOR updating. Even smells old. But, the things that mattered were a perfect 10.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dittohead24
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have no major complaints about the hotel. It was in a great location, close to Gettysburg and Hagerstown. The free breakfast was fine. I have no complaints about the room. It was very quiet, clean and comfortable. The TV's were old, but I was on vacation, I can watch TV at home. The pool was great. The AC worked fine ( it was an incredibly hot week ). The only issue was that the parking lot was small. We came home late one evening and had to park quite some distance from our room. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank PghCondor
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you stayed with us and had an enjoyable visit. Please know that you can park anywhere in the paved lot, even over at the restaurant or across the street in our overflow parking area. We look forward to seeing you in the future,

Thank you!
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel once was my hotel of choice when I traveled to this city for business, I say once was because I no longer tolerate the bad points of this hotel. There are some good points still, such as customer service at the front desk, the breakfast service, free parking and the connecting Ruby Tuesday Resturant. Over the years this place has never been updated, the elevator system is poor one main that is to small and too slow and another that connects only to the second floor even though it is at the end of a very long hall. This brings up the second point that the halls are too long and the walk is terrible, especially for someone that has a disability, this is not a disable friendly place. The carpet is so old that I don't hae words to describe and it smells of age. The bed was terrible and I had a back ache the entire time and the pillows are even worse. Management should never allow those pillows to be used by anyone, I resorted to using my blow up travel pillow, so in addition to a back ache I had a neck ache. This hotel should have been updated and remodeled and brought up to the Sheraton 4 Points standards years ago. I gambled in hopes that changes had been made and I lost. This was my last stay there.

Room Tip: If you have good legs request a room on the back side with a balcony. There is really nothing specia...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are happy that we were your hotel of choice and wish that we can become it again. I appreciate the kind words regarding our customer service, as I will pass this on to the staff! I apologize that our halls seem long to you, we do have some accessible rooms closer to the lobby on the second floor. We have since viewing your comments, removed the pillows from your room and have ordered new pillows! Please rest assured that every year we undergo a review to make sure we are up to Four Points standards.

Management

Travelers are raving about these Chambersburg hotels

Wooster, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

The room was very clean. I found nothing wrong with that. We stayed 2 nights. The balcony was over top of the river beneath the hotel which was very nice and relaxing. The balcony was filthy though. I don't believe they ever clean it! Cob webs, dirt, bugs everywhere!
The breakfast food was cold. Hot in the serving platters, but cold before we even sat down at table. Good assortment though. Front desk staff was excellent and very helpful!
The pool was nice. Went as deep as 8 feet so that was fun!

Stamford, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We checked into our room late and found it smelled like mold and must. We went to the door of balcony and the floor was damp. The carpet needed to be changed. I called the front desk and the hotel was sold out. They offered to come spray the room and that did not help. We did not sleep most of the night from the smell and a headache. In the morning we asked for a manager and was told one wasn't on site. I then emailed Starwood which they responded they were sorry and gave us points. I was glad they offered something but still was extrememly disappointed with how everything was handled.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Autumn M
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that your stay was not enjoyable! Please feel free to contact me directly and let me know which room you stayed in so the issues can be addressed and remedied. You can contact me at hotel@fourpointschambersburg,com. I apologize that I am not on property every weekend, but we do have an MOD program. I will review this with the front desk as there is always a Manager on property to help our guests. Thank you for bringing these items to my attention. I will look forward to hearing from you regarding the room number.

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for one night during the July 4th weekend with my wife and two kids. The hotel is about 20 miles outside of Gettysburg. We were visiting Gettysburg for the 150th Anniversary of the famous Civil War Battle. I stayed here with my wife and two boys ages 7 and 12. The hotel was clean, but the interior of the room we stayed in was dated. It featured a tube TV which amazes me that hotels out there still haven't upgraded to Flat screens. The reception on the TV was also poor. Otherwise the room was fine for one night. If staying here, request a room not facing Chambersburg Pike as the hotel faces this busy road. The breakfast was free, and ok, nothing out of the ordinary. If you can't get a room in Gettysburg, this is a decent option as it is only 20 minutes drive, but if you can get a decent rate in Gettysburg, that would be preferable, as there are many chains in the area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family