“Musty Room” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Stamford, Connecticut
“Musty Room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We checked into our room late and found it smelled like mold and must. We went to the door of balcony and the floor was damp. The carpet needed to be changed. I called the front desk and the hotel was sold out. They offered to come spray the room and that did not help. We did not sleep most of the night from the smell and a headache. In the morning we asked for a manager and was told one wasn't on site. I then emailed Starwood which they responded they were sorry and gave us points. I was glad they offered something but still was extrememly disappointed with how everything was handled.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Autumn M
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that your stay was not enjoyable! Please feel free to contact me directly and let me know which room you stayed in so the issues can be addressed and remedied. You can contact me at hotel@fourpointschambersburg,com. I apologize that I am not on property every weekend, but we do have an MOD program. I will review this with the front desk as there is always a Manager on property to help our guests. Thank you for bringing these items to my attention. I will look forward to hearing from you regarding the room number.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for one night during the July 4th weekend with my wife and two kids. The hotel is about 20 miles outside of Gettysburg. We were visiting Gettysburg for the 150th Anniversary of the famous Civil War Battle. I stayed here with my wife and two boys ages 7 and 12. The hotel was clean, but the interior of the room we stayed in was dated. It featured a tube TV which amazes me that hotels out there still haven't upgraded to Flat screens. The reception on the TV was also poor. Otherwise the room was fine for one night. If staying here, request a room not facing Chambersburg Pike as the hotel faces this busy road. The breakfast was free, and ok, nothing out of the ordinary. If you can't get a room in Gettysburg, this is a decent option as it is only 20 minutes drive, but if you can get a decent rate in Gettysburg, that would be preferable, as there are many chains in the area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Waitingforvacation
Gilford, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton while attending the 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg - it was the closest hotel we could find!! I have worked as a Hotel Inspector and this hotel was very clean. The hot breakfast was a welcome relief since we traveled with our two kids - would have like a little more variety from day to day but great overall! While having the option to participate in" going green" - not having housekeeping every day, you would put a card on your door by 2:30am and you would receive a $5 voucher to use for food & beverage purchases. Well, my Husband and I thought we could use it at the Ruby Tuesday adjacent to the hotel. When we went to have dinner they told us it was only for room service and that they were not affiliated with the Sheraton. In my opinion, if your menu is in the room and you are honoring the hotels vouchers, then you are affiliated with the hotel - nothing against the hotel, just beware of the proper procedure. Preston at the bar of Ruby Tuesday went above and beyond the call of duty to help us with our order! When we did have our room refreshed, the housekeeper only gave us 2 bath towels even though we had 4 people in the room, never replaced the fitted sheet on the pull-out sofa that my Son was sleeping on, we were not given a replacement roll of toilet paper and the bathroom floor was never mopped because it still contained hair from me brushing my hair earlier in the morning. The Indoor pool area was a tad bit too hot - took your breath away when you walked in. After spending the day on the hot Battlefields of Gettysburg, the last thing you wanted to do was sit in a hot indoor pool. I have worked for a Sheraton in Nashua NHin the early 1990's and been trained by Thomas Flately himself in Guest Service Satisfaction and the standards have definitely decreased. I didn't have one employee acknowledge me first - I was also never addressed by name which is another Hospitality NO-NO! I will say that the 4 of us did enjoy having a kitchenette and the rooms were spacious. Expected a bit more from a Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy L
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the free hot breakfast! I apologize that the Make A Green Choice program was not explained correctly - as front desk was to inform you that the voucher is only good for in-room dining. I will make sure that this is reviewed with the staff. The housekeeping issues have been addressed. Again we are glad that you stayed with us and we appreciate your feedback. It lets us know what we are doing right and where we have room for improvement. We hope we see you in the future!!

Saint Mary, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

The location of this property is very good, easy access to I-81. The Front Desk was nice but you can see the age of the property from there. The rooms were clean but very small and out of date. It is in serious need of updating. It was fine for a one night stay but I wouldn't want to be there any longer than that. The price was fair but I would have been greatly dissappointed had I paid a dime more than I paid for the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Knoxville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night while traveling to NYC. The location is great literally right off the interstate. Based on this I expected some road noise. There was NONE. It was a great night sleep. The parking is a little different. The lot is small and does not wrap around building. They do have an overflow gravel lot for trucks and buses. The front desk coffee service was cold. The breakfast was just ok.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jrgenterprises
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! Sorry that the coffee service was cold. We are glad that you had a quiet nice at our facility. We hope that we see you in the future!
Cincinnait Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stopped here after a trip to Gettysbug and before a trip to Philly!! The front desk couldn't have been nicer!! Easy check-in, great rooms, clean and comfy beds. Continential breakfast was good. Nicely run hotel!!! I rate value because I used points for my stay!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DebbieCincinnaitOhio
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were traveling all day, and we were able to get a room late at night. They had a AAA discount, which helped quite a bit. It was clean, although it looked like the update was done a bit quickly. The breakfast was hot, and it was quite tasty. It was easy to get on and off the highway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family