“Not bad for the 1960's”

Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Location is as easy as it gets; directly off of the highway. Parking is awkward, thin lot wrapping part of the building. Our later arrival meant we had to park across the street form the back side of the building in a sketchy dirt lot with a few trucks.
Check-in took much too long, perhaps a new desk attendant, but we had to repeat our name multiple times and give her our credit card THREE times during the drawn-out process.
The room was moist and dank, smelled musty, and looked like it would have been a nice place to stay if you were going to a Beatles concert when all members were alive. Floor was damp, the AC unit put out damp air, and the clothing we slept in smelled awful the next day.
The breakfast was terrible; every "hot" item was stale and cold. We decided food was better found elsewhere.
We didn't use the pool, but the pool room looked like a run down, under-funded YMCA pool. Paint was peeling everywhere, and the water looked gross.
We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim R
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our location. We apologize about the time that it took during check in, please feel rest assured that all our current clerks have been with us for some time and are thoroughly trained. We have since your stay, redone our breakfast experience, ensuring that all selections are fresh and hot! You will be happy to also know that our pool is getting a complete remodel. We hope that these improvements will help you make the decision to stay with us again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Older property right beside the interstate. I was concerned about the noise because of the close proximity but the room was surprisingly quiet. Bed was nice and comfortable, old style tv, large room, small bathroom, clean linens, good hot breakfast. For $75 a night it was a real bargain. Easy on and off. Interesting entrance as you wind in thru a restaurant parking lot.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 16, 2012

During a recent trip to New Orleans, we stopped for the evening at the Chambersburg, PA Four Points. Although it is right of of I-81 and we could see it from the exit, it was difficult to access. You have to drive through a busy Ruby Tuesday's parking lot to get to the hotel.

The facility was very up-to-date with a warm and welcoming lobby. Our room was spacious, but the bathroom was not as luxurious. The value was great!!

Although Four Points is a USAirways Dividend Miles partner, neither the evening nor morning desk clerk had a clue as to how to input my number in order to credit the 250 miles to my account for the stay. Unfortunately, neither showed any initiative to look into the issue and forced me to spend an hour on the phone to resolve.

The free morning breakfast was great. Overall our stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a good place to stay. It's cheap, easy to find, just off the interstate, with a suprisingly nice Ruby Tuesday's just steps away (not a fan, but this one seems better than any I've not enjoyed).
Starbucks just down the road, many other restaurants a short drive. Not a bad place at all. Makes me wonder if some of these very negative reviews are shills for a competing hotel. Definitely eighty bucks worth.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever set foot in. The room reeked of mold and smoke. When we opened the balcony doors to try to air it out, we were greeted by the sounds and smells of a highway. The bathroom floor was covered in short hairs and there was actually a hole in the wall where some plumbing work looked to have been done and the drywall not filled back in. The decor, furniture, and tv were like a time capsule of another age, and not in a good way. The carpet was worn through in some spots and had a disturbingly spongy feel that made me put my shoes right back on. I'm not a picky traveler, but the visible filth and the fetid aid freaked me out, and made my husband wheeze. We peeked into the pool area and were greeted with murky water. I know I had some other issues with this place, too, but I've tried hard to block the memories.
I will give them credit though - when we checked out within an hour or so of checking in, the front desk guy was extremely courteous and accommodating (as he had been at check-in), and SPG was quick to refund our points and give us some more for our troubles. Four Points Sheraton should not let them use their name. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mathilde S
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your experience, but I am very alarmed by what you said. If you could please reach out to me I would love to know what room you stayed in during your visit in May. Also, if you can contact me and let me know what other issues you've had with our hotel we want to address them and correct them, so that other guests do not have to experience this. This is not how we want to be represented nor how we do business. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed at the Sheraton Four Points in several locations around the country. The chain is a middle-of-the-road quality "hotel." I use quotes because the one in Chambersburg is more like a motel. It has inside hallways, but that's the only real difference from a motel.

The rooms are OK. Some are a little nicer in warmer weather because the have patios that overlook a little creek. The hotel has a small fitness center, and breakfast is OK. There is nothing to distinguish the hotel, but Chambersburg is not a big city, so choices are slim.

Would we stay there again? Probably, if the prices stay low. But if prices rise, there are several other better choices within a short distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel exceeded expectations on a recent trip. Large room. Large Desk. Of course clean. In-wall A/C-heating unit was quiet. Free internet. Free bottle of water in room. Free Newspaper in AM. Breakfast (limited) included. Coffee, bananas, apples available in lobby 24/7. And I wanted a refrigerator in room.....it arrived less that 2 minutes after I got to the room. I asked for an extra desk chair...no problem. The staff is great from the front desk to the housekeepers. I was there for multiple days and think that this is a great place to be when you are in the area, especially if you are not just staying for a short sleep over.

Our room faced the highway. But there was virtually no noise that could be heard

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for all your kind words! I will pass this on to all the employees. We hope that you visit us again!

Sincerely