“dont tryb to get into the pool”

Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed February 26, 2008

this is not the place to stay if you are looking for a pool . I belong to a pool club there and they sold the motel not long ago and they want the swim club out, I have paid for a whole year and i am paid up till september, Because of my arthritic condition i can not take the cold water and they refuse to give my money back. I signed a contract stating i would get no money back i have had several surgerys and this was never ttheir fault or problem but i think when the make the water to cold that is their fault and they should give our money back in my opinion they broke the contract. and i am going to tell everyone who will listen just like i use to tell everyone it was a great place to swim. so if you are looking for a motel. with a pool i think you should go else where. . just because its to cold they put a new shower room in it looks real nice but the floor is never clean and they dont even supply soap in the restroom

• Stayed: September 2004
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Inn & Suites- Chambersburg

Reviewed December 11, 2007

This was truly a nice hotel. The room was clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. It was right off of interstate 81 so it was easy to find. There was an above average free breakfast in the morning. It included Belguim waffles, sausage, bacon, eggs, toast, many different juices and more. This really saved me time and money.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2007

We arrived early and the front desk was able to get us a room that was ready. We were greated with free cookies and coffee that is made by starbucks, mmm mmmm....The hotel is almost done with construction, and everything was looking wonderful...I can't get over how comfortable the beds were...We were able to get a late check out with out an extra charge. Mike at the front desk went above and beyond his call of duty for us, with directions, reservations, and recomending local attractions. He must be a native to that area...To sum it up, the four points is a hotel i will be coming back to for the rest of my life...

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2007

From the minute we checked in there were ants everywhere. The hotel was under construction which they failed to tell us, and the pool was empty. The bathrooms were discusting. We come to that area every year for softball tournment and the Chambersburg area is loaded. I will make sure to take this one off the list when booking for next year.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank antkiller
Reviewed November 18, 2006

We had 3 objectives when we booked a hotel:
1. Resturant on site.
2. Bar on site.
3. Indoor pool.

When we checked in, none of these were available. The Resturant was burned down; there was a sign in the window stating that they no longer have a liquor lisence, and when we got to the front desk, there was a sign stating "the pool is under construction"!

We went to another hotel and it was great (even with no indoor pool). I would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2006

Our room was clean and quiet and very BIG. The beds were so comfortable, I wanted to bring them home.
Staff was helpful and friendly. Check in and check out was fast.
I wish the lounge was open but hopefully next time it will be.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2006

My family and I stayed at the hotel for one night. The positives were that the hotel was covenient off I-81 and the beds were fantastic. The negatives were that our room was a bit small and had ants (not alot, but enough that we would have requested a new room if we were staying more than one night). I don't know if I would stay here again because the ants were in our room because they found some spilled soda on a chair cushion that wasn't cleaned. The front desk staff was helpful at check-in, so I should have said something, but I just wanted to go to sleep (like I said, the beds are very comfortable).

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family