“greatest motel in the chambersburg area”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“greatest motel in the chambersburg area”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

the staff was GREAT they will help you with anything any time! rooms were clean and comfortable .We have been here for about months never had any problems what-so-ever.I wish there wre more motels like this one .nice to be treated like second home atmosphere,thanks to all the staff!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg. We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Danielle Hedden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I have been lucky enough to be staying here for 15 months on a business trip. The staff have treated me and my 10 co-workers like kings. The hotel is very accessible from I-81 and is located in a quiet, safe part of Pennsylvania.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg PA. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Looking forward to seeing you in the future!

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed January 11, 2011

I recently stayed here for training I was taking nearby. I am a business traveler who will be traveling to this area quite often so I hoping I could find a hotel I could stick with for future travel. I did not find that in this hotel. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is decent, room was clean and the staff was nice, but it still left quite a bit to be desired. The t.v. needs to be replaced, and the beds were not that comfortable as well. The overall feel of the hotel just did not impress me.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Thank you for staying with us here in Chambersburg . We apologize that you were not impressed by our hotel. Our goal is to make everyone as comfortable as we can. We are in the process of upgrading our hotel. In the course of your trainings in Chambersburg we hope that you will come by and see our transformations to a hotel that you may be able to call home away from home.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 31, 2010

The staff at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Chambersburg, PA are very accommodating. They have a positive attitude and will make sure your stay is a pleasant one. You cannot beat the location of this hotel. Its convenient interstate access makes it accessible to all parts of Chambersburg.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us in Chambersburg PA. It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay at the Holiday Inn Express. We hope to see you again in the future.

Schroon Lake, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2010

When we walked in you could see the dining area for breakfast and it was clean and nice looking. I asked if they had recently renovated and they informed me they had. The rooms were very clean and comfortable for the price. We checked into a couple other places but for the price we couldn't beat this room. Other places would've been quite a bit more for the same kind of room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, September 19, 2010
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg PA. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the futrue.
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I would have given this hotel a very good overall rating and very good service, if it were not for the housekeeping staff. In general the hotel was clean, but in my room there was a greasy hand print on the back of the door and the same on the front of the microwave. The office chair was dirty, dingy, and gross. My room came without a DND sign. I asked a member of the housekeeping staff if I could have one. I was told, "I'm just stripping beds, hon." Maybe HI contracts housekeepers and the staff do not know how to aid guests, who knows.

The breakfast was a standard hot/cold. I kind of wish I had gone with the cold options. The eggs were rubbery and block shaped, but the biscuits were good.

The good points: My room was large and the bedding clean. The front desk attendant was very friendly and was giving Priority Club members goody bags at check in. That was a nice touch. There were plenty of options for quick (fast-food/Applebee's) dining nearby. For the most part this was acceptable for an overnight stop.

I will probably try a higher rated hotel next time or possibly drive the extra hour to Harrisburg. I like to be wowed by service and cleanliness.

TIP FOR LIGHT SLEEPERS: The walls are a little bit thin, so you might hear people moving around or talking.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Chambersburg PA. We appreciate your business and apologize for the service that was provided to you from our housekeeping team. We appreciate any suggestions to better our team and our building and again thank you for providing us with our strengths and our weaknesses. We look forward to having the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Definately a smoking hotel, Could notice smoking as soon as entered room. NOT for those that are sensetive to smoke. Lasy at desk not that understanding.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Thank you choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Chambersburg PA. We look forward to serving our guests to the best of our ability and appreciate any suggestions that will better our hotel and team. Your suggestions have been brought to the attention of the team and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you the changes that have been made.