“This is a 5 Star Hotel and Suite”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Texarkana
“This is a 5 Star Hotel and Suite”
Reviewed April 3, 2010

The rooms were very clean and with a new look and with a price fair with the amenities. The staff was professional and courteous. The full breakfast would meet anyone’s needs and is upscale. The gym has all the equipment you need for a good workout. The location was convenient for our needs. The Gettysburg National Museum and Battlefield is only about a 25-minute drive. We definitely recommend this hotel for your next stay in this area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, April 4, 2010
We enjoyed having you stay with us. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
windber
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I stay at this hotel at least 3 or 4 times a month for business. The staff is always friendly and remembers me by first name. I have never stayed in a dirty room and I always feel extremely safe staying here. As a female who travels alone, this is a very big priority. I enjoy the breakfast and the exercise room every time I am there. Always perfect. Honestly, I have no complaints. If you are traveling here for business or travel I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for coming to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Ontario,Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2009

The rooms were clean and the price was right. The staff was professional and assisted in all our needs. The Continental breakfast was tasty and had a good selection for all types of diets. The location was central to many things and a 25 min scenic drive to Gettysburg. We did not get to enjoy the gym or pool because we were too busy sightseeing/shopping. We will definitely return!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 17, 2009
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We enjoyed having you. Please come and see us when you are in the area again.
Morris, Illinois
Reviewed September 9, 2009

This Holiday Inn Express is very near the Gettysburg area and is one of many hotels here. This property is quite nice and there was a manager's reception going on when we arrived. It featured pizza, a good selection of beers and pop and cheese sticks plus bags of pretzels and candy bars. When we arrived at our king smoking room, we both said WOW! It was really huge! Everything was in good repair and there was a fridge and microwave in the room. I did notice a bit of mold around the tub handicap grab rail mounting. The breakfast was pretty standard Holiday Inn and was all hot a and regularly refilled. Internet service was wired and quick. In all, a good stay in an area that is busy and the hotel rates are not low.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We enjoyed having you, and appreciate the sugguestions that you provided. Please come and see us again when you are in the area.
marissah75
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Overall, this was a nice hotel. My mother and I chose this hotel because we were visitng Gettysburg and this hotel offered an employee rate (as I work at the Front Desk of another HIE). We stayed for 3 nights. The room we stayed in was nice, it was large and had a nice selection of amenities. Cleanliness was pretty good, however I did find a couple hairs in the shower (okay, so maybe I was looking closer than someone usually would). The staff was alright. Most of the time I was around the desk there was no one at it, but they did have a bell that you could ring incase you needed someone. My one major problem was the day we were leaving. We had gotten some fudge the day before and left it out on the desk thinking it would be fine there. However, when we woke up the whole desk was swarmed with ants. We called the Desk and they sent someone down to take care of the ants until we checked out. When we called the Desk back to let them know we found out where they were coming in at, the A/C unit, the girl told us that she was "sorry, but that's what happens when you leave food out." When we went to the desk to get our receipt and turn in our keys we again got a VERY sarcastic and insincere, "I'm verrrryyy sorrryyy, and I hope you have a grreatttt day." Working in customer service myself, I was absolutely not impressed with this girl's attitude. I thought it was a very poor representation of their otherwise nice hotel. Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes I would, only if I could find nothing else that was available.

• Stayed August 2009
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg PA. We apologize for your inconvenience with the ants and we have sprayed to combat this issue. Please come and see us again to see all of the changes that have and will be occurring within the next several months. We will have a new fresh updated look!!!
Central MA
Reviewed May 28, 2009

We stayed one night as we passed through. The rate was a bit high, but as it was a busy holiday weekend, we were resigned to the cost. Our first room was fine, but after dinner when I walked into the bathroom there was an overwhelming cigarette smoke smell coming through the vent. I called the front desk immediately and was told on inquiry that the room above was non smoking and offered some smoke odor eliminator. I declined and explained I was pregnant and could not tolerate the smell. After holding a few minutes, Bethany had a new room lined up for us. She checked a few times after we moved to make sure all was fine with our new room. The breakfast the next morning was nice and our room was clean and comfortable. The pool was nice, but a little cold for me. There was also not a bathroom right in the pool area - you had to leave and go through the lobby to the bathroom, while not an issue, I do have little children and this could have been designed better. I'd stay again at the hotel if we passed through and was pleased with their response to the issue with the smoke smell. The hotel was quite full and they were able to move us with out delay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, September 20, 2010
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg PA. We enjoyed having you and appreciate your suggestions. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Trout Run
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I travel alot with my job, living in Hotels 8 months out of the year. I've been here for over a month now. And from the time I've checked in, I've always been greeted with warm smiles from the staff. The staff here are the friendliest most accomodating group of individuals that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. It is nice to be able to talk and joke with them, like the people of my small home town. That is how they make you feel here. I wish I was fortunate enough to feel like this everwhere that I stay for my job.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
We enjoyed having you here. Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express. We look forward to serving you in the future.