Well, my husband and I had travel plans for almost a week between our home in NY to NC to PA before returning home to NY. Our stay was so bad in NC, that we opted to leave early and head to PA to tour Gettysburg before our reservations in Lancaster the following evening. I checked online and saw the Holiday Inn had a good rate, and booked the room. We ended up pulling up at 2:30 and was warmly greeted. I had explained to the front desk clerk that we were weary and tired due to two horrible nights travel already, and she put us in a nice room. No complaints on room 107, UNTIL...we had gone out to dinner, come back and I had just gotten out of the shower when I heard kids screaming, running around and doors slamming right outside our room! Now, it was only 7pm, so I figured I would wait it out for a while. I did look out at one point through the peep hole and noticed that the room across from us and next to us had pulled the latch across the door, so it keeps it open a little and you can get in and out without your key. These kids from both rooms were running back and forth, slamming the doors, yelling etc..until at 8pm my husband shot up out of the chair. At that point I called the front desk and spoke to Nate. He came immediately. When my husband spoke to one of the father's of the kids, he said he didn't know anything about it (did I fail to mention that was because he had just come from the pool!)!!! Nate took care of us right away. After explaining to him that we were exhausted and needed sleep, he moved us to a suite on the 3rd floor free of charge. After we were there for a few minutes, he called to make sure everything was ok and even ran up two extra pillows for us! He needs a raise! Great guy, very personable and beyond helpful. He made our stay all worth while!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the comfort and convenience of the award winning Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg, PA! Make us your “smart choice” and let our hotel’s outstanding amenities make beautiful Chambersburg, PA feel just like home. Start your day with our complimentary, hot Express Start Breakfast buffet, and then take a dip in the heated indoor pool . For a more energetic beginning, get in a workout at our on-site state of the art fitness center open 24 hours or get work done at our business center computers. Surf the web with free high-speed Wi-Fi, and plan your next activities in the gorgeous Cumberland Valley area. Situated just off I-81 and only minutes from Washington County Regional Airport (HGR), the Holiday Inn Express & Suites is ideal for both business and leisure travelers. We offer quick access to Chambersburg Mall, Letterkenny Army Depot, Caledonia State Park and the Gettysburg Historical Area. Students, alumni and family appreciate our proximity to Shippensburg University, College and Mercersburg Academy. For outdoor lovers, you can go skiing, play golf or walk the local wineries. Reserve your hotel room online today, and get ready for a great trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Chambersburg
- Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg
- Holiday Inn Chambersburg
- Chambersburg Holiday Inn