“Great after rough issue”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Well, my husband and I had travel plans for almost a week between our home in NY to NC to PA before returning home to NY. Our stay was so bad in NC, that we opted to leave early and head to PA to tour Gettysburg before our reservations in Lancaster the following evening. I checked online and saw the Holiday Inn had a good rate, and booked the room. We ended up pulling up at 2:30 and was warmly greeted. I had explained to the front desk clerk that we were weary and tired due to two horrible nights travel already, and she put us in a nice room. No complaints on room 107, UNTIL...we had gone out to dinner, come back and I had just gotten out of the shower when I heard kids screaming, running around and doors slamming right outside our room! Now, it was only 7pm, so I figured I would wait it out for a while. I did look out at one point through the peep hole and noticed that the room across from us and next to us had pulled the latch across the door, so it keeps it open a little and you can get in and out without your key. These kids from both rooms were running back and forth, slamming the doors, yelling etc..until at 8pm my husband shot up out of the chair. At that point I called the front desk and spoke to Nate. He came immediately. When my husband spoke to one of the father's of the kids, he said he didn't know anything about it (did I fail to mention that was because he had just come from the pool!)!!! Nate took care of us right away. After explaining to him that we were exhausted and needed sleep, he moved us to a suite on the 3rd floor free of charge. After we were there for a few minutes, he called to make sure everything was ok and even ran up two extra pillows for us! He needs a raise! Great guy, very personable and beyond helpful. He made our stay all worth while!

Room Tip: We started in a double queen before being moved to a King suite. They were both great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tlc2ny
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. Thanks for your kind words about Nate and the service he provided you. It’s great to hear about when our staff is able to resolve an issue to a guest’s satisfaction. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Nate. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Arrival was quick- pleasant staff-
Unfortunately, I would think as a gold member I would get a nice quiet room - I was given a handicap room directly across from the elevators and pool and breakfast area- convenient for kids but was slightly loud- idiot above us was stomping around above us at 530- really on a Saturday morning?
Bed was comfy but the PILLOWS SUCKED - we both awoke with headaches - foam pillows over stuffed- room was a nice size.
Now went to see if there were plates and there was a sign I you need bottle openers, plates, etc call front desk--really?
Pool - not terribly big but water was warm from 3-5 ft and hot tub- you guessed it--HOT!
Breakfast was avg good they did have a nifty pancake maker- eggs,sausage- bread products and cereal

Stayed: April 2014
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad to hear you found our staff courteous and your check in efficient. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the pillows. They are in fact brand new pillows that are going into all Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels starting this year. They are a nice new addition, but the ones in your room sound like they needed some breaking in. Please give us a try again the next time you are in Chambersburg. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I checked in to the Holiday Inn Express in Chambersburg on a Saturday evening around 5:30. I chose this hotel due to the reviews on Trip Advisor. Chambersburg has grown so much since I was last here and there are so many new hotels to choose from. This hotel is not one of the newer ones but it was ranked #3 on this website, so I chose it. I opted for a king suite with a whirlpool as I needed some extra relaxation AND I had just gotten a massage and a facial at the Chambersburg Massage Therapy Clinic (just thought I would throw that in there). : ) Bed was comfy, the room was very clean, not much noise even though it is located next to I-81, I did not have the complimentary breakfast because I slept until 10:00, and as far as front desk staff go, Sarah at check-in made me feel as though I had woken her up from a nap or ruined a high score streak she may have been having during a game of Bejeweled Blitz........sorry, but that is how I felt. Ida, on the other hand, was the front desk clerk in the morning during check out and just the few words she said to me were just delightful. Even her mannerisms and body posture made me feel as though I was appreciated for staying there. With all of the new hotels in the area, the staff really needs to be on top of their game at ALL times, otherwise, I could see prospective customers such as myself, staying elsewhere. Would I stay here again? Yes, I would. Everything was actually very nice and clean and I would not let a person that may have been having a bad day bring down a rating on this website. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad that overall you had a good stay. I agree that it’s so important to show guests during every interaction, how glad we are they chose to stay with us. I am sorry you did not receive that type of welcome, but I am glad you did experience it during check out. I do hope you stay with us again. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

On our way south and after a day of a huge snowstorm and snow squalls down 81, we decided to stop early and get some rest. We really like HIE's and found this one in Chambersburg. The moment we walked through the door, the desk clerk, Sarah was friendly, bubbly and accommodating to our every need. She asked what floor we would like; what type of room we would prefer; she gave us a 10% off coupon for our favorite southern steakhouse, Texas Roadhouse (we don't have these up north in our area); when I asked if we had to get back on the highway to get to TR, Sarah could have just said yes but instead she took the time to write down easy directions to go through town. When my husband said he would like to be on the first floor, Sarah put us in a beautifully appointed, immaculate suite just off the lobby and next to the ice machine to satisfy my need for a constant glass of ice water at my side! I think outstanding employees who go an extra mile should surely be recognized. I have been in some hotels where I've recommended a course in public relations for employees, but in Sarah's case, I think she deserves a raise and I hope her employers recognize her attributes. This hotel is top of the line in all regards.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. Thank you for the great compliment about Sarah. I will be sure to pass it along to her. It’s good to hear stories of excellent service. That is our goal for every guest, for every stay. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was the first time my husband and I used this hotel. Everything was top notch! Our room was beyond clean, the heat worked well and the beds were actually comfortable. The breakfast the next morning was amazing -I have to eat gluten free and there were plenty of options which is rare for me when I travel. The check in staff were wonderful -very thorough -especially Mike at the front desk. We would definitely stay here again -wouldn't think twice about booking a room at this efficient and super clean hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. Thank you for the kind words about Mike and the rest of the staff. I will be sure to pass it along. It is great to hear you will be visiting us again. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Ended up here for a one night stay. Everything was perfect; fast easy check-in, clean room, easy access to I-81, great breakfast in the morning. Can't ask for more, only wish the Government could have got the budget fixed so I could have seen all of attractions at Gettysburg. A nice stay at the motel "eased the pain" a little bit

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. Thank you for the great review. I am sorry you did not get to see everything you wanted to see in Gettysburg. That just means you will need to visit us again! Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We've stayed here several times before and, once again,HI Express Chambersburg met all our needs following a long day on I-95.
Hotel has easy access to I-95 with eating areas, gas stations, and supermarkets nearby. Our non-smoking "King-sized room" was well appointed, clean, and modern in appearance. All utilities worked well and the Internet service (speed & connection) was good. Staff were friendly and professional. Yes, we will stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. Thank you for the great review. I hope you stop in many more times in the future to experience the same great service. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.