“Pretty decent hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms are nice, it's great to have an indoor pool and gym, and the breakfast food was pretty good. There's a young girl who works at the front desk who was really very helpful, too. Our main issue was that we were on the second floor, and the woman below us complained repeatedly about us being loud, jumping / thumping, etc., when we were walking normally or just using the restroom. I'm not sure there's enough soundproofing between floors, but really, my annoyance was more that the staff didn't handle the complaints appropriately. After she complained twice and it was clear through conversations with us that we were in fact making every effort to be quiet, they should have handled her differently rather than letting her complain again and bringing her complaints to us repeatedly. But other than that, it's a pretty good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad you found the hotel to your liking. I am sorry about the issue you encountered. You and your family were not doing anything wrong and I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. I hope that you might try us again in the future as this was a strange, isolated type of incident. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Gettysburg, It is convenient, right off the interstate 81. The management was excellent, the rooms are well appointed with refridge and microwave in every room. The free breakfast was better than most with a good selextion of hot and cold food.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. It’s great to hear about your positive experience with the hotel. I hope you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Chambersburg. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

An excellent facility. Our personal reservation made by a group leader was a problem. Sarah fixed the issue within 5 minutes. Our room was perfect. Also Sarah made a "Welcome" sign with the Lincoln Highway logo and antique autos on a large poster. It was very well done and much appreciated by our group. Thank you Sarah.

Room Tip: Our room was great
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad you had a great stay. We enjoyed seeing all the classic cars in the parking lot. I will pass on your kind words to Sarah. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first time to this area and the hotel was the choice of the group we were traveling with. The hotel was accommodating to our large group, which I appreciated. They could not manage to keep the elevator running so we had a bunch of +65 year old guests carting there luggage up 3 flights. The property is right up against the I-81 express way exit ramp so be warned to ask for an odd numbered room, which is the opposite side from the interstate. Our room was very clean and well equipped with pillows and towels. The pool was clean and the water was comfortably warm. There are several competitor motel/hotels at this intersection and I might consider trying one of those - just to be fair. For $100+ for a room, I expect excellent - not very good.

Room Tip: Insist on an odd numbered room when you reserve
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. I am glad to hear that you experienced clean and comfortable accommodations. I am sorry about the issues with the elevator. We have been able to address the issue since your visit. I hope you might choose us on your next trip to Chambersburg. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I travel all around the US and at last I find a place that makes me fill like at Home, The Hotel is very clean the staff goes out of there way to make you at Home. The Front Desk Staff; Mike, Aurora, Sara and Ida are very professional and Friendly. Everything around the Hotel is Clean, organized and the Rooms are cleaned Daily to perfection. I highly recommend this hotel you will enjoy it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Chambersburg. It’s great to hear about your positive experience. I am glad we were able to provide you with a stay that made you feel at home. I will pass on your kind words to the staff. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a wonderful, wonderful place to stay.

On the way from New York to Atlanta, we stopped at a Holiday Inn Express in Statesville, NC and had a great experience. So when we needed a place to stay coming back, we stopped again at this Holiday Inn Express.

Katie, at the desk, was extraordinary. She got us a great rate on our room and made us feel truly welcome, contacting local businesses for us to have a great evening, getting us a suite so that I could refrigerate my baby's formula, and well, making us feel really taken care of.

We are new to Holiday Inn Express, but after this experience, we will be loyal customers. Katie was awesome. The Holiday Inn in Statesville, NC was also good--but Katie in PA is a special employee--who I bet deserves a raise!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank G S
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg PA. I am glad you had a great experience during your stay. That is our goal for every guest, every time they stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Katie. I hope you stay with us again on your next trip through Chambersburg.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for our daughter's college graduation. What a great place! Room was very clean and comfortable. I asked for extra pillows when I booked the room and they were there when we arrived. Bathroom was spotless! Pool and hot tub was a nice extra as we sat way too long in our vehicles and enjoyed the warm water. Hot breakfast was excellent. One morning scrambled eggs next day cheese and western omelets plus many other options. Everyone was very friendly with a smile and a hello. The only improvement I would make is having a daily paper available on the weekends. I thought I read in the reviews that you could get a paper at the front desk but since we stayed Friday and Saturday I was told they did not have papers on the weekend. Otherwise we had a great expereince here!

Room Tip: 1st and 3rd floors have vending and ice machines
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg PA. It’s great to hear about your positive experience. I am glad we were able to be your hotel of choice for your daughter’s graduation. I hope you stay with us again the next time you are in the Chambersburg area.

Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg PA