“Nice hotel, nice breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Claremont, New Hampshire
“Nice hotel, nice breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Clean, comfortable and great location. Breakfast was very nice. My family enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The pillows were a little hard for my neck. If I'm in the area, I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on Tripadvisor. I am glad you had a good experience during your stay. As a tip for next time, we do have both firm and soft pillows available. Just let us know at the desk, and we will be sure to get you some extra soft pillows for your room. We look forward to you staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to Chambersburg.

Chambersburg, PA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I had to stay at the Holiday Inn for a week for business purposes. The hotel exterior and lobby got a much needed uplift. However, i felt as though the La Quinta did a better job of updating the hallways and interiors than this HI. I know that HI is working on improving its brand but I just felt like i should have stayed at the Hampton Inn or la Quinta for the $ i spent at the HI. The carpets were very old. I had to switch rooms twice because the rooms had a very dingy and pungent smell. I had a non-smoking room but the smoke came into my room just the same.

The free breakfast was a plus. The weight room left much to be desired. If you just need somewhere for the night, i am sure you would not have minded staying there.

The customer service and front desk team were very friendly. They attended to all of my requests in an efficient manner. Perhaps HI can invest some $ into this hotel location to improve its image. I will probably stay elsewhere next trip.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor. I am glad you received great customer service during your recent stay with us. I appreciate your honest feedback. We have just recently finished a renovation that included our exterior, lobby, guest rooms, fitness center, and hallways. I do appreciate hearing your opinion about our renovation. I am sorry about the smell near your room. We have recently reduced the number of smoking rooms and installed a new system to minimize any smoke odors to ensure the comfort of all our guests.. I hope you might give us a try again in the future if your travels bring you to Chambersburg again.

Delmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The building, lobby, restaurant areas were very clean. Our room was very clean and neat. The king size bed was comfortable. A couple more pillows would have been excellent. The staff and cleaning personnel were outstanding. We enjoyed our stay very much. Would recommend HIX Chambersburg to anyone. Very very nice. Ray & Sharon B.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to fill out this review on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the recommendation and hope that you might stay with us as well in the future.

knoxville, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I recently stopped in Chambersburg on our way home to Knoxville. We usually stay at Hampton Inn's , but the one in Chambersburg was sold out, so they called over to the Holiday Inn Express. (Which ended up being a great choice!) Upon our check in, Sarah was very welcoming, and cheerful. It helps to have someone like that after a long day of traveling. She was very pleasant when telling us about our room ( which my husband and I both loved), telling us about the continental breakfast, and just a pleasant person in general. My husband and I will stop again, on our travels up and down the east coast.
Great staffm and wonderful place to stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. I am glad you were able to give us a try and that we were able to provide you with a great experience. It’s so good to hear about the welcome you received from Sarah. We look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in Chambersburg.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We recently stayed in at the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg for a wedding weekend. Mike and Lindsay worked the front desk both nights we were there. They were so accommodating and helpful, as well as patient and understanding. We also had the hospitality room since there were so many guests. We really enjoyed our stay. The pool and guest rooms were clean and nice. My only complaint was there was a horrible smell in several of the hotel rooms. I am not sure if it was from renovating, or trying to cover a smell up. I would higly suggest looking into that, especially since I have read other complaints as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Chambersburg. I am glad you and your group had a great weekend. I know our staff enjoyed serving your group while you were here. Thank you for letting us know about the issue you experienced in your room. Since the weekend you stayed with us, we have worked to correct that problem and it should not be an issue any longer. It’s good to hear that otherwise you had a great stay.

Darby, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was in the area to see Gettysburg and for me the little drive over was not an issue ( miss out on the crowded feel of staying in Gettysburg ) The room I had was nice and large, bathroom had plenty of space ( shower curtain was a little short but with some work you will not soak the room ) internet was fast and the tv had a nice cable package. My only complaint was the bed ( I had a king ) and this was the hardest bed I have had since Afghanistan. Not all HIE properties will have the " Pillowtops " So if you want a hard mattress then this is the place for you ( not me though I like mine softer )

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor. I am glad we were able to meet your needs for your trip to Gettysburg. We recently underwent a renovation upgrade which included brand new mattresses in all of our rooms. I am sorry the mattress did not fit your preference but thank you for letting us know. We hope you might give us a try again the next time your travels bring you through Chambersburg.

Chambersburg
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Eryone at the Chambersburg HI Express is delightful and very accoadatng.
Several of us need to have a slightly earlier breakfast than the regular guests and Olivia is always ready with a smile and laughter at 5:45am.
We look forward to working the weekend because the staff at Chambersburg make us feel like we're coming home to family!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor. It’s great to hear about your experience with the staff. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Olivia. I’m glad it feels like “coming home” when you stay. We look forward to your next stay with us.