“The best Mexican food in PA!”

Montezuma Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 172 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed July 29, 2012

No matter when you go to Montezuma's, you will not leave hungry. They have great servers and the price is wonderful. There is no better place to go. Don't forget Montezuma's Monday's and Wednesday's lunch special.

There are newer reviews for Montezuma Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was at the restaurant this evening for dinner. We were immediately seated, and brought a basket of chips. The chips were stale. We then ordered our food, which were brought out to us in less than 5 minutes. That is not normal. Just shows that the food is sitting in the back pre-made. I then started eating my "Montezuma's Salad" -- described on the menu & website as "Crispy flour tortilla with chicken, steak, shrimp, melted cheese, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and guacamole." Which turned out to be about 80% meat juice and almost no salad, with a quarter of a tomato on it (which does not qualify as "tomatoes"), and a stale flour tortilla on the outside. As I started eating it, I found a sticker from the outside of an avocado IN MY SALAD. I decided against notifying the waitstaff about what I found because 1) they were nowhere to be found and 2) the food had came out so fast, I knew I would just end up getting the same exact disgusting mess I had in the first place. Not only will I not be returning to the restaurant, I would advise everyone to stay away from this place!!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Nothing tasted good I think it depends on the cook. I ate one bite sent it back did not touch anything else and refused to pay for my meal. i normally will try to eat something I love refried beans but they were not even fit to eat.

Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Just drove 4 hours from Scranton, PA and couldn't wait to stop here on my way home for their chicken taquitos - they were fantastic, as always!!! Simple, fresh and delicious and the people who work here are genuine, extremely nice people. Thanks so much for a wonderful, relaxing meal after such a long drive! Worth the wait!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We live in Chambersburg and this one of our favorite restaurants.

The food is fresh and fast. They have the best queso dip of any mexican restaurant that I have ever been to. The salsa is the perfect amount of heat. My wife has tried many items, but my favorites are the burrito texcano and the mixed grill fajitas which has delicious chorizo.

Both of our young daughters also rave about the food here.

The service is always fast and perfect. You'll have chips and salsa within 30 seconds of sitting at the table.

The value is great considering the portion sizes.