“Good 1 night stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed July 18, 2009

The pool and hot tub were nice. The Continental breakfast was business as usual....doughnut, bagel, cereal, juice, milk, etc. The front desk people were nice. The only complaint I have is that the beds, both of them in our room, were hard as rocks. We stay in CI&S regularly when we travel, and this was the hardest bed and thinnest pillow I have seen. The location off the interstate is a good. The Wifi worked great.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 29, 2009

I'll have to admit to seeking out CI&S when we travel. Simply put, they are amazingly consistent from location to location and generally positive all the way around. Rooms are clean, beds comfortable, staff friendly and helpful, rooms well furnished, complementary breakfast. The wireless internet has a strong signal and the front desk actually does have an ethernet cable if you need one. And finally, those cookies at the end of the day. The pool is well kept. The fitness room, although smallish, has equipment that isn't broken. I don't know how many times I've stayed at a hotel with a fitness room full of broken equipment. This location 25 miles from the Gettysburg National part is fairly new and is competively priced.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Stayed at the Country Inn for 1 night with my husband and children. The front desk staff is very helpful and courteous, we reserved a suite the night before arrival and asked for a rollaway bed--well when we got there, the rollaway was already in the room. They do offer a continental breakfast, unfortunately we did not make it. They have an indoor pool and spa tub-the only thing with that is they use so much chlorine that even sitting in the patio chairs my eyes wer on fire. Overall, this is a great little place to stop through or stay a couple of days.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2009

I stayed over 1 night in Chambersburg on my way to WV for my niece's graduation from WVU. I arrived at 4:30 am and was show immediately to my room, which was clean, quiet and comfortable. I was offered a late check-out but couldn't take advantage because I had to be on my way by noon to get to WV. The front desk offered a wake-up call and had a list of places to eat when I left around noon.

I can't offer much more than this as all I did was sleep and shower, but it was clean, quiet and comfortable and right off the highway.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for one night. It is a new hotel. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel is located far enough away from the highway to make it very quiet. The breakfast was very good and included a good variety (hot eggs, bacon, boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, cereals, etc.). The access road to this hotel was longer than most hotels making it a bit more tricky to find. Our only concern was the rate for this hotel seemed $25+ too high.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2009

This is the second time in six months I have stayed here. Here is why I like this hotel above most others I have stayed at: First, it has a very warm heated pool to get a good workout that helps me rather then hurts me (when I swim in pools that are heated, but not warm enough) with arthritis and fibromyalgia. It is nearly brand new and they work hard to keep it that way. The place is kept impeccably clean. The beds are comfortable and the rooms all have a little fridge and a large new TV. The late night snacks are yummy. The breakfast is super deluxe, yummy and fresh. They have a person who just tends to keeping the breakfast bar full and tidy. Everything it has: cheese omlets, hard-boiled eggs, toast, bagels, hot make-yourself waffles, juice, yogurt, coffee, oatmeal, cocoa, sausage, sometimes bacon. It is worth the extra few bucks you pay for this place. Anyone not giving this place less than a 4 stars is expecting WAY too much for what it charge. If you want the Hilton or the Hyatt, don't come to a 1 or 2 star hotel. for what this is, it is EXCEPTIONAL. They do a wonderful job, each and every one of them at the Country Inn & Suites in Chambersburg.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 24, 2008

On a family weekend to Gettysburg & decided to stay outside of the town, because hotels were either not available or overpriced. We picked this one because it was new. Upon arrival, front desk staff was friendly & gave us a better rate than the one booked on the internet. The room was spacious & very clean. The beds had fitted sheets, which is a plus in my book. Cleaning staff were more than happy to provide any extras - towels, shampoo, etc. when asked. The breakfast offered a variety & was all we needed. I know this may sound strange, but I was impressed with the stairwells - well lit, painted walls, carpeted stairs, oak handrails - not like most that are dimly lit, concrete steps, spooky! We enjoyed our stay & would return, as well as use this hotel chain in another town/state.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family