“Room request advice”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've stayed here twice more since my last review. My April 2013 stay was fine, but my June 2012 stay was terrible: After eleven pm, just as my mom and I were about to go to bed, a family checked into the room next door. A VERY loud gushing sound soon began, as did children's shrieking. We came to realize there was a whirlpool tub exactly opposite the wall from our beds' headboards. It took several calls to the front desk before these (poor) parents next door got their kids out of the whirlpool and quieted down. In the meantime, the front desk person tried telling us there was no whirlpool next door (an outright lie, as seen on the fire escape map on the back of our door). He also suggested moving US to another room, which was ridiculous, as we were all unpacked and ready for bed, and we weren't the ones behaving poorly!

Lesson: Request a room NOT adjacent to a whirlpool room. And if you get a whirlpool room, please know all that running water is VERY loud and be considerate of your neighbors!

The area around this hotel has grown in the past few years. There are now MANY choices of restaurants, though sadly, none is safely accessible by foot.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel again and taking the time to complete a review. Our whirlpool suites are rented on a consistent basis, and if operated properly should not interfere with the noise level in the adjacent rooms. These issues, although rare, do occasionally happen and I apologize that this occurred during your visit with us. We will certainly share these comments with our staff to ensure that these issues can be prevented.

We want to let you know that all comments are heard and we appreciate them. We will continue to focus on delivering clean, caring and consistent service to our guests and we hope to see you again the next time you are in our area.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Everything was great from the room to the Staff, and Breakfast . We travel from New York to Florida every year. This will be our place to head too next year.
The gal that checked us in was so helpful, the room was clean and smelled fresh, the lady who runs the Breakfast bar was very pleasant also.
You shouldn't be disappointed with this hotel.
Plus the price was right!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review of our property! I will certainly share these comments with the staff and I am sure they will be pleased. Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We showed up at night there were three driveways the one closest to the looked like it would get you under the canopy. We pulled in nope. The second driveway was the right one How about a sign?. The hotel was very nice, clean room, nice beds nice shower pressure. the breakfast was great. rather hot in breakfast area. with two waffle irons and the size of the room. other people were talking about the temp. if I was in the area I would stay again. other than the driveway issue. ill be back!

Room Tip: facing back of hotel my son like the lights in the distance
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bluelion137
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for the great review for our property. We are glad that other than the parking lot design, your stay was a good one. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

100% impressed not only with the hotel as a whole but with the staff. We were planning for a larger group and needed several rooms and the staff went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything that we needed- everyone had a comfortable place to stay/sleep. This will be our only go to hotel when we are visiting this area!! The kids (well we all) enjoyed the buffet breakfast-- It definitely had something delicious for any type of taste buds!! The pool area was perfect-- We all had a great time and wished the weekend didn't have to end!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenna B

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review of our hotel! I will certainly share your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Friendly and considerate staff with attention to detail. Hotel is well located with easy access to I81 and a wide range of stores and restaurants. A good place for an overnight stop.Good value for the money

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dweebmeister

Thank you for the kind words! We have an excellent assortment of amenities which include our Indoor Pool & Spa, newly remodeled Fitness Center, Business Center, Free High Speed Internet, and a very good Hot Breakfast! And as you mentioned we also have great rates. I am glad you had a great stay with us and I will share your comments with our staff. We hope to see you the next time you are in the Chambersburg area.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Enjoyed spending the night at this hotel. This was a quick, last-minute getaway for my 16 year old daughter and I. Staff were very friendly and helpful, even going as far as providing a couple glasses of milk (for free even though I offered to pay) at 10PM b/c I had an upset stomach (ulcer). Very clean hotel. Pool was kinda chilly for an indoor pool, but the spa was just plain delicious. Breakfast was included and we were expecting cereal and milk and maybe some toast and fruit, but we were treated to eggs, sausage, potato cakes, waffles, bagels with cream cheese along with the regular cereal and milk. Also, three different juices to choose from (maybe four) and the three different kinds of FRESH coffee. Was absolutely incredible. While eating breakfast, my daughter didn't know how to make the waffles and one of the staff were nice enough to make one for her as she showed her how to do it (was very sweet and patient). Even had free sugar and oatmeal cookies at the desk. Check in and out was very fast and easy. Price was really good for a last-minute Saturday night. Lots of places to eat in the area and lots of places to shop. Close enough to Gettysburg and Antetiam for a day trip there (which was the main purpose of our trip since my daughter is in ROTC and obsessed with the military). Also, great for kids because it's right next to an arcade/mini golf/rollerbowling/gocart place (I think the name was Chuzzers or something like that). I will definitely stay at this hotel anytime that I am in the area.

Room Tip: We were in a smoking room (my preference), so it had a bad smell, so make sure that you check non-sm...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tanya T
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thanks for the great review! We're happy everything was excellent for you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

It was our first stay in new year 2013, and it was really excellent. We were a little late but the staff - I think his name was Sajid - was really nice and professional. Our room was on the third floor facing the parking lot. I and my friend Jennifer had a wonderful stay. The breakfast buffet was the best. We really enjoyed the waffles and the hot stuff. The breakfast bar hostess was also very accomodating. The hotel is located near a large shopping center, and I will always stay here whenever we are in Chambersburg.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple