“Used to be excellent, now just pretty good”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Frederick, Maryland
“Used to be excellent, now just pretty good”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I used to stay here a lot and thought of this place quite highly. However, it's starting that slow decline into being just so-so. Wanted our kids to enjoy the pool here, but it was ice cold. The breakfast buffet was OK - it used to be really good. Staying here on Christmas night. We stayed the night and there were about 15 or so families staying here at the same time. Given this is a 60+ room hotel, did they really have to put a family right above us? We didn't realize this until after 10 PM or so when the thundering heard above us was making their presence known. Now you can't blame a hotel for a loud family, but you can blame them for how they locate people at the hotel especailly when most of their rooms sit idle. It was also a little gross to find a 1/2 opened bottle of mouthwash in our bathroom. Again, the place is fine, adequate. It's just disappointing since they used to be really good.

Room Tip: get a top floor room to minimize their chanced of putting a thundering heard above you
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We apologize that you had issues with your stay and really want you to know that your feedback is heard. We take all issues seriously and do everything in our power to ensure they do not happen again. We are hoping we will see you again. If you would like to speak personally in regards to this matter or any future bookings, please do not hesitate to do so.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Chambersburg over Christmas. Had a wonderful stay, however a storm moved in and we were forced to go back after having checked out. The staff was very accomodating. We were able to check back in with a free room up grade. The staff also commented that they were glad we decided not to risk traveling.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
East Coast
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed one night and received excellent service. We were permitted to switch type of room with no fuss, asked if we needed directions for a restaurant, and received a follow-up call once we were in the room, to make sure we had everything we needed. Our room was on the third floor and faced the corn field (with the shopping center beyond.) The hotel is located near a large shopping center, with several chain restaurants nearby. None that serve breakfast, (except McDonald's) however, if you miss the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
chambersburg pa
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I reserved a block of rooms at this hotel for our wedding. The staff was friendly from the begining. They made sure that each guest received our welcome to chambersburg bag of goodies. The 15 guests we had staying at the hotel were encouraged to enjoy their stay and boy did they ever. The hotel staff was extremely accomodating to a bunch of our dearest friends who were all very excited and happy to be there. Cannot thank this hotel enough for the memories and will refer them to any friends that are having out of town guests! Thanks Again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
We are so glad everything went well with your wedding. We try to make every guest's stay as memorable as possible. For yourself, we want to keep the stress away from the lodging so you can enjoy your special day. From all of our staff we wish you all the best with your new life together and congratulations!
Medina, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We came to Chambersburg from the Cleveland, OH area so that my wife could test out on her clinicals at Chambersburg Hospital. We stayed Thursday through Monday. While my wife was at the hospital each day, I was left at the hotel. This hotel was spotless and everyone was friendly and outgoing. The best part was the breakfast each morning. There were enough choices for anyone's taste. Connie, Alicia and Ashley were great and made me feel very at home while I paced the halls each day waiting for my wife to finish. The girls would ask me each day how my wife did and showed genuine care and concern. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and if I am ever back in this area, I will definitely stay here. Thank you for an excellent stay!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for choosing us!! It was our pleasure to have you stay at our property and we are glad everything went well with your stay and hopefully her exam!
Farmingdale, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great stay at this hotel. Extreme value for the price. Hotel is extremely clean and comfortable. The "continental breakfast" should just be called a breakfast with the tremendous amount of food and options they have; everything from the typical bagel and toast and cereal to eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, pancakes and waffles. The staff was by far the best I've ever experienced at any hotel and they couldn't have possibly been any friendlier and more helpful. Would definitely recommend this as a stay for anyone passing through the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the excellent review! Our staff is very proud that they had a positive impact on your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for taking time to write a review.
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed November 12, 2012

First of all, I don't know who this Drew person is, but he's awesome. I got a great rate for the one night I was staying in the hotel for my brother's wedding. We were getting pretty ridiculous in the room, so we moved to another room, then we were asked to use the Breakfast room as our little party room and we couldn't believe it. The accommodations were awesome and the service was excellent. I won't say anything about any 'over-the-counter' beverages that were being handed out, but I will say everything was much appreciated and I would certainly stay there again...if I ever decide to grace Chambersburg, Pennsylvania with my presence again.

The rooms were very big with flat screen televisions and a mini fridge. I wish I could've stayed longer, but I hate the state of Pennsylvania.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review! I have shared your comments with the staff, and they are very happy that everything went smoothly for your brother's wedding. Be sure to give us a call if you are ever in the area again.