“Quiet, clean and friendly”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed one night and received excellent service. We were permitted to switch type of room with no fuss, asked if we needed directions for a restaurant, and received a follow-up call once we were in the room, to make sure we had everything we needed. Our room was on the third floor and faced the corn field (with the shopping center beyond.) The hotel is located near a large shopping center, with several chain restaurants nearby. None that serve breakfast, (except McDonald's) however, if you miss the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I reserved a block of rooms at this hotel for our wedding. The staff was friendly from the begining. They made sure that each guest received our welcome to chambersburg bag of goodies. The 15 guests we had staying at the hotel were encouraged to enjoy their stay and boy did they ever. The hotel staff was extremely accomodating to a bunch of our dearest friends who were all very excited and happy to be there. Cannot thank this hotel enough for the memories and will refer them to any friends that are having out of town guests! Thanks Again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

We are so glad everything went well with your wedding. We try to make every guest's stay as memorable as possible. For yourself, we want to keep the stress away from the lodging so you can enjoy your special day. From all of our staff we wish you all the best with your new life together and congratulations!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We came to Chambersburg from the Cleveland, OH area so that my wife could test out on her clinicals at Chambersburg Hospital. We stayed Thursday through Monday. While my wife was at the hospital each day, I was left at the hotel. This hotel was spotless and everyone was friendly and outgoing. The best part was the breakfast each morning. There were enough choices for anyone's taste. Connie, Alicia and Ashley were great and made me feel very at home while I paced the halls each day waiting for my wife to finish. The girls would ask me each day how my wife did and showed genuine care and concern. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and if I am ever back in this area, I will definitely stay here. Thank you for an excellent stay!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for choosing us!! It was our pleasure to have you stay at our property and we are glad everything went well with your stay and hopefully her exam!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great stay at this hotel. Extreme value for the price. Hotel is extremely clean and comfortable. The "continental breakfast" should just be called a breakfast with the tremendous amount of food and options they have; everything from the typical bagel and toast and cereal to eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, pancakes and waffles. The staff was by far the best I've ever experienced at any hotel and they couldn't have possibly been any friendlier and more helpful. Would definitely recommend this as a stay for anyone passing through the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for the excellent review! Our staff is very proud that they had a positive impact on your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for taking time to write a review.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

First of all, I don't know who this Drew person is, but he's awesome. I got a great rate for the one night I was staying in the hotel for my brother's wedding. We were getting pretty ridiculous in the room, so we moved to another room, then we were asked to use the Breakfast room as our little party room and we couldn't believe it. The accommodations were awesome and the service was excellent. I won't say anything about any 'over-the-counter' beverages that were being handed out, but I will say everything was much appreciated and I would certainly stay there again...if I ever decide to grace Chambersburg, Pennsylvania with my presence again.

The rooms were very big with flat screen televisions and a mini fridge. I wish I could've stayed longer, but I hate the state of Pennsylvania.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the great review! I have shared your comments with the staff, and they are very happy that everything went smoothly for your brother's wedding. Be sure to give us a call if you are ever in the area again.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

It is an excellent and relaxing place to stay. The lady that I will remember the most, works at the breakfast bar. Her name is "Connie". It is not that she cooks or does not cook the food, but her smile and her attentiveness toward the customers, whether they are young or old. Country Inn and Suites, this lady is a keeper. Let every guest show or tell her "good job".

Room Tip: Third floor has the best view of all the resturants and the beautiful night lights.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the review! Connie was delighted when she read your review and I want to thank you for taking the time to recognize her. In addition, thanks for the traveler tips, I am sure others will take your advice!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I like the Country Inn & Suites chain. They are very clean. The amenities are excellent for the price.

I really liked this one: the hot tub was really hot, and the pool was cool. The hotel has an awesome employee named Drew manning the front desk. In addition to being helpful and courteous, he's also more knowledgeable about world affairs than either of the two major party candidates who were running for POTUS this year.

I stayed here on the way to Asheville NC from where I live in NJ and liked it so much I stayed again on my way home: you can't get a better review than repeat business from a satisfied customer, now can you?

Room Tip: I was worried the first room I was in would be noisy cause it was near the elevator. It was very qui...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We are glad that everything was excellent. We will certainly tell Drew how awesome he was for you!