Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Cape Coral, Florida
“One night.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

First of all, I don't know who this Drew person is, but he's awesome. I got a great rate for the one night I was staying in the hotel for my brother's wedding. We were getting pretty ridiculous in the room, so we moved to another room, then we were asked to use the Breakfast room as our little party room and we couldn't believe it. The accommodations were awesome and the service was excellent. I won't say anything about any 'over-the-counter' beverages that were being handed out, but I will say everything was much appreciated and I would certainly stay there again...if I ever decide to grace Chambersburg, Pennsylvania with my presence again.

The rooms were very big with flat screen televisions and a mini fridge. I wish I could've stayed longer, but I hate the state of Pennsylvania.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for the great review! I have shared your comments with the staff, and they are very happy that everything went smoothly for your brother's wedding. Be sure to give us a call if you are ever in the area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 11, 2012

It is an excellent and relaxing place to stay. The lady that I will remember the most, works at the breakfast bar. Her name is "Connie". It is not that she cooks or does not cook the food, but her smile and her attentiveness toward the customers, whether they are young or old. Country Inn and Suites, this lady is a keeper. Let every guest show or tell her "good job".

Room Tip: Third floor has the best view of all the resturants and the beautiful night lights.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the review! Connie was delighted when she read your review and I want to thank you for taking the time to recognize her. In addition, thanks for the traveler tips, I am sure others will take your advice!
Maplewood, NJ
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I like the Country Inn & Suites chain. They are very clean. The amenities are excellent for the price.

I really liked this one: the hot tub was really hot, and the pool was cool. The hotel has an awesome employee named Drew manning the front desk. In addition to being helpful and courteous, he's also more knowledgeable about world affairs than either of the two major party candidates who were running for POTUS this year.

I stayed here on the way to Asheville NC from where I live in NJ and liked it so much I stayed again on my way home: you can't get a better review than repeat business from a satisfied customer, now can you?

Room Tip: I was worried the first room I was in would be noisy cause it was near the elevator. It was very qui...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We are glad that everything was excellent. We will certainly tell Drew how awesome he was for you!
Supply, North Carolina
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Located off of I-81, it's easy to access. We enjoyed our overnight stay at this property. I had made reservations and since we were two couples traveling together, we wanted rooms as close as possible to each other. Although we were not able to get adjacent rooms, the clerk did his best to relocate us to rooms close by. The rooms were clean and quiet. In the morning, the continental breakfast bar was well stocked but the eating area was a bit tight for seating. Its a nice place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are glad that everything was good for your stay and I will certainly share your comments with the staff.
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed in a whirlpool suite at this hotel since we'd been on the road for 12 hours and needed a good soak. The tub was nice and clean (I've been to other hotels with whirlpool tubs and they are often not clean) and there was a nice basket in the tub with towels and shower gels; a nice touch. The room faced a cornfield which we thought was great, our dog kept looking out the window hoping to see something in the field! I do wish there had been screens on the windows; the room needed a good airing out. We did keep the window open for a while, we just had to watch the dog. (THANK YOU for having windows that open!) I think the odor was from strong cleaning fluids. I do wish hotels would discover the cleaning power of vinegar and baking soda; some of the cleaning fluids out there are too strong. Anyway, our bed was comfy. One problem we had was it sounded like there was a constant drip in the ventilation above the tub, but we think it was because it was raining. The a/c unit mostly drowned out that sound; the a/c was typical of hotels and kind of loud, but in this case it turned out to be a good thing. Did not hear people above us or next to us so it seems this hotel might actually have some soundproofing. The breakfast was so-so. I had cold cereal which was fine, but my husband tried an omelet that was cold and tasteless. Overall the hotel was good, if I stay again I'll just make sure there are no dripping noises in the vent before I move in all my stuff!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the cornfield, check room for noises before you move in.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review! We are glad that you choose our property and appreciate the kind words. We hope to see you again in the future!
Long Island, NY
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The stay was perfect. The check in went smoothly and the stay was adequate for a road trip back on I-81. Now to the disaster that went on at 11:30 AM. We were getting ready and needed to check out and I got a phone call at 11:55 AM. I am on the phone with a family member discussing something when exactly 12:00 PM the phone rings. I pick it up and Felicia says "hi are you checking out it is noon", I am a little puzzled as since I am in traveling sales I have checked out plenty of times both early and a few minutes late. I say OK and then say we will be down in a few minutes. The next part was the problem. We go downstairs at 12:10 and I say to her it was rather inappropriate to call at exactly noon, we were coming down I just was taking care of a personal matter on the phone. She began to tell me that if I needed more time I can request a late check out. Hotels need to realize that the most important thing for us is customer service. I told her again it was inappropriate as the maid who is in charge of cleaning the room was 5 rooms down in the hallway. She began to tell me that I was (as a person) wrong. She told me to get out of her hotel and I would never be allowed back. Felicia it is a hotel off I-81, we just stopped in on the way back to NYC. She then said to get out of her parking lot and became absurd. We left and she called the police and took a picture of my license plate. I am going to tell you I don't usually ever leave a review, I stay at my hotels and leave a couple dollars for cleaning lady, get a bill and move on. I am a very pleasant and accomodating traveler. Let me say this experience has ruined any further need for country inn. I would love a call back from the general manager as this was quite ridiculous. I just think it is inappropriate to have someone screaming and cursing as I am walking out the door and following me to my car to yell more.

I would say the hotel was ok, but the customer service made it beyond a 1 star review.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ecuman17
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. It was also a pleasure to speak with you on the phone in regards to this issue and I am hoping we have resolved it. I am glad everything else was good with your stay and we will certainly remain focused on excellent customer service.
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We enjoyed the stay as the service was excellent, room clean, pool and hot tub clean, and the location was near everything. The only draw back was the noise. You can hear guests above and our room was across from the elevator where people conversed all times of night.

Room Tip: If you can get a room away from the elevator and not below someone, it would be excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We try to keep our rates competitive and feel that we provide excellent amenities for the price. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.