“Sleep Inn Chambersburg PA”

Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Chambersburg Sleep Inn so our family could visit the 150th Reenactment of the Battle at Gettysburg. The stay was very pleasant and the staff was remarkable. When we arrived the refrigerator was broke and they went right out and purchased a new one. The pool is indoor and is a little on the small side but was fine for cooling off at the end of a long day, The King size suite was plenty big for the three of us and our bags. The staff worked very hard to make sure breakfast items remained stocked and fresh. The second floor ice machine was out because of re-enactors filling coolers BUT AGAIN the staff offered to store things in the hotel refrigerator's. The trip into Gettysburg and the Battlefield re-enactment was easy and NO TRAFFIC. The cost was very reasonable and FAR below the $500 to stay in Gettysburg. Make sure you check out the Elephant Museum and candy shop down the road!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken H
SleepInnChambersburg, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Ken,

Thanks for your review, I appreciate your time in writing about us! I'm glad you enjoyed our spacious king size rooms, they do offer a great way to relax after spending a day in Gettysburg! I'm glad our staff was able to acommodate your needs during your stay, it was a very busy weekend for us given the 150th anniversary that was going on in Gettysburg. It's great that you were able to take advantage of our close location to Gettysburg, without having to pay the prices! I look forward to hosting you again during your travels to our area.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was a nice place to stay,friendly and helpful staff and clean rooms all at a reasonable price. We didn't stay for breakfast but everything looked great. We will stay there again in our travels. We do a lot of motorcycle riding and will plan to do some long weekend with some of our friends there,we like traveling the back roads in that area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Toni,

Thank you very much for your review, I appreciate the time you took to write about us! I'm glad you enjoyed the room and took advantage of our location (with close access to some scenic roads). I'll be sure to convey your kind words to my staff, who all work hard to make each guest feel at home. I definitely hope to see you again when you bike through our area!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had never stayed at a Sleep Inn before, but this motel was very pleasant, staff was very courteous, and very friendly. Check in was quick and motel was very clean.
Our room was a large one with a king size bed, which was very comfortable, the bathroom was clean and also well stocked. A complimentary breakfast was offered and we decided to try it. The breakfast bar was well stocked with hot an cold items and they even had a waffle maker. We would recommend this motel to everyone, we will definitely return here again in our travels. Also a very convenient location.

Dear Irene,

Thanks for your review, we appreciate it! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast as well as our spacious rooms. My staff strives to make guests feel welcome and at home and I'm glad they succeeded during your visit! I hope to see you again on your travels to our area.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We did not make reservations soon enough to stay in Gettysburg...but that was okay. The Sleep Inn was about a twenty minute trip into Gettysburg with little to no traffic on 30 W. The hotel room, lobby, and breakfast area were clean and pleasant. The "complimentary" breakfast was well-stocked with juices, fruit, bagels, cereals, hot eggs, sausage, yogurt, and make your own waffles. The staff...both at the desk and those that cleaned the rooms certainly had customer service at the forefront of their tasks.

Rude children and rude parents the hotel cannot help.

I did not use the pool or exercise room...after al this was the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg...there were battlefields to see. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: No comment on this...no smoking is always a good thing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheryl M
SleepInnChambersburg, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Cheryl,

Thank you very much for your review. We are we could accomodate you during the 150th Anniversary at Gettysburg. It's great that you were able to get to the battlefields in such a short amout of time. Our staff works hard to ensure that each guests feels welcome and at home during their stay and I'm glad the front desk and housekeeping staff didn't fall short of their goal. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast before heading out for the day, the waffle machine helps!

I hope to see you again during your travels to the Gettysburg area.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I spent three nights in June at the Sleep Inn on Doron Drive which is just off I-81 in Chambersburg. This hotel is very clean, quiet and has a friendly staff that went out of their way to be helpful. Our morning breakfast was as it should be, good hot coffee and the hot items on the buffet were actually hot. It is a convenient location for those visiting the Gettysburg National Park, which is a half hour away. If you plan on visiting Gettysburg like us, this is the place to stay and then drive to the Park. I highly recommend this hotel to those traveling in its area, you will not be disappointed in you stay here. We're happy we found this hotel and will definitely stay here during our future trips.

Dear Wsaucier,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you were able to enjoy not only our convenient location, which is close to Gettysburg, but also our complimentary hot breakfast. My staff takes great pride in providing the best service to each of our guests and I'll be sure to convey to the housekeeping and front desk staff that they succeeded in making your stay great!

I hope you see you again in your travels to the Gettysburg area!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My fiance and I were originally shooting for stopping overnight more southbound, but extreme exhaustion changed our plans. I had a choice hotels gift card to use, so I knew I needed to stay somewhere in the brand. This hotel looked nice and the location right off of I-81 and close to the Maryland border were both very convenient. I called for a reservation while we were traveling on the road with about an hour and a half to go. We arrived late in the evening and check in was quick.

Our room was very nice, large and comfortable. The hotel was also very quiet. They do allow pets here, and I'm not sure if there were any around during our stay, but we did not hear them! We both got great nights sleep. The next morning, we enjoyed a nice free breakfast downstairs. I always love when hotels have waffle makers in their breakfast buffets. The downside was that they only had one machine, so the wait for a waffle maker could be quite a few minutes. After breakfast, we gathered our things and had a fast check out.

I would definitely consider staying in this hotel again and highly recommend it to anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennjenn85

Dear Jenn,

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoy our wide breakfast selection, and especially our waffle machine (which was brought back by popular demand by guests like you!). We strive to make each guest feel at home at our property so I'm glad that you got a good night's sleep and a good breakfast just as you would at home.

Please do visit us again when you're in the Chambersburg area!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We recently stayed at this Hotel and were very impressed.
The man at the front desk , Dipak was very friendly and took extra time explaining
the current Reward Program.
The room was clean and everything worked perfectly.
The Breakfast Buffet was one of the best I have ever come across at a
"Value Hotel".
Ok, nuff said. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a above average
Hotel at a good price

1  Thank Steve A

Dear Steve,

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to convey your gratitude to Dipak. Our goal is to make our guests feel at home and I'm glad we accomplished that during your stay. Thanks also for the compliments on our breakfast, we take pride in offering a wide variety of items for our guests to enjoy each morning.

I hope to see you soon during your travels to the Chambersburg area.