“We will be back”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Its not fancy fine dining but in comparison to similar local diners, it can keep score with the best of them. A definite pro is the menu selection. Its very expansive and has just about a little of everything. For as large as the menu was, I ended up getting a cheeseburger simply because I hardly ever do and was in the mood for one. Burger was good, fries were hot and fresh. My husbands Gyro was good according to him and I finished up with a hot fudge sundae that made me very happy. When we got the check we could not believe how low it was! So another definite pro is the value of what you get for a reasonable price. Atmosphere and decor was pretty average for the area. Service was also average. The waiter was really nice and got us everything we asked for and checked on us periodically. So its not a 5 star restaurant in LA or NY but for what it is, we felt it was very good and will return and will recommend to friends.

1  Thank Rachael713

Reviewed April 1, 2014

The food was very good. The menu has lots of choices. The service was excellent. They had lots of sandwiches or full dinner choices.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stopped for dinner but ended up ordering off the breakfast menu as nothing jumped off the pages of the menu and spoke to us. Menu is large which does not always mean good. Observed other patrons meals being delivered to them and nothing screamed homemade or this is absolutely fabulous so I think a great deal of the menu is bought institutional style food.

The wife ordered a Belgian waffle, she wanted fruit on it but none of the fruit offered was fresh. The syrup came in little prepackaged containers. I ordered an omelette with the home fries well done. The home fries were sliced potatoes which is the kind I like and well done on top, but the bottom potatoes were almost raw. The omelette was good, but again nothing special.

All the tables had the green Tabasco sauce on them which was good since it added a little flavor and heat.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Eating at the Chambersburg Diner was a great experience. I had a sandwich wrap and fries my first visit. It was Good. My second visit I had their corn fritters and they were sooo Good!!! The service was good as well.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Was very happy with visit. Had the marinated chicken and was done right. Plenty of food. Good service from our waitress Nicky.