“Pleasureable surprise”

Cuisines: American
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Pleasureable surprise”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

In the local area, it is difficult to find a restaurant where the prices are reasonable and the chef rotates what is on the menu that he himself creates. Hoover's is just such a restaurant and that is why we go there whenever we can!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank eohainle

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding Lunch and Service”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I went to Hoover's for the first time and had a terrific lunch. The restaurant has recently been remodeled and was clean with a contemporary diner look. We were greeted by the friendly wait staff when we entered and were immediately seated. The waitress took time to explain the menu and discuss the specials. My wife ordered a salad with salmon and I had a cheeseburger with french fries. I was impressed when the waitress asked how I would like my burger prepared...something that is missing in this day of frozen or fast food. The meal was served in a timely manner and the waitress frequently checked back with us. The cheeseburger and fries were served hot and the bun was grilled. The portions were huge. The 1/2 pound burger was prepared as requested (med) and had a great grilled flavor. And don't forget the fries...a plate-full of crispy goodness . According to my wife, the salad was crisp and fresh tasting with a very good dressing. The over-sized filet of salmon was perfectly cooked, juicy, and complemented the salad. The price for this massive lunch for two was around $20. This is a restaurant that has gotten it right - clean with excellent service, terrific food, and fair prices. I can't wait to review their dinner menu.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Gabriel Z

Been to Hoover's Grill & Ice Cream? Share your experiences!