“That's NOT Pad Thai!!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Was traveling and used Trip Advisor to find this place. Although I adore sushi, I'm also a nut for Pad Thai and continue my quest to find the best I can. Hence, I ordered it and my wife ordered Young Chow fried rice.

The restaurant has a pleasant interior and the staff was very inviting. Complimentary steamed soy beans were a nice touch.

The food arrived promptly and the portions are in fact huge! Garnishes were nice and I was ready to dive in! The first thing that struck me was an usual aroma from the Pad Thai. It was nowhere close to the dozens of other Pad Thai dishes I've enjoyed--at true Thai restaurants. In fact, the more I nibbled at it, trying to detect what they did wrong I became less and less enchanted. There was an overly-strong garlic flavor/aroma---like it was from the chopped jar garlic which I despise. Despite taking a to-go box, we trashed it once outside.

It quickly became apparent this restaurant was trying to do it all when it comes to Asian food and that's not always best. The fried rice was okay but anyone who knows a bit about cooking knows that fried rice is made with chilled, day-old rice which is stir-fried with other tasty ingredients. Their fried rice was simply made w freshly-cooked sticky rice and the texture and tastes just aren't the same. Again--trying to do it all; Thai, Chinese, etc.

The Sushi and Terriyaki are probably the foods to order here. I doubt I would eat here again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The food is excellent every time. The owners are a family, and they get to know repeat customers by name. It is always a wonderful experience!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hit up this fusion restaurant for the first time last Thursday for lunch, at the instigation of a friend who loves it (they actually greeted her by name!).

I had never been there before, but I was absolutely blown away by the wonderful sushi! The service was top-notch, the atmosphere is good, the food -- all of it -- was really, really good. I had the salad followed by spicy crab and Philadelphia rolls -- all my bellweather in new sushi restaurants. I eat both of those a lot and I'm pretty picky about them. They were both amazing. I think they both might be the best of the best. I loved it so much, in fact, that I'm going back twice this week coming up and I may do takeout another day. It's that good.

My friend had the shrimp tempura bento box, and it was also delicious.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is the best restaurant in Chambersburg without a shadow of a doubt. The service, quality and quanity of food is outstanding irregardless of the price. But speaking of the price...it is also incredible! I love the ambiance too but mainly the service is phenomenal! They are so friendly, accommodating and make you feel at home! We are moving to Mechanicsburg and are sad mainly to leave this yummy restaurant. Yum, yum, yum!!! Give it a try! We love the thai dishes! The pad thai, thai basil, and other dishes are delicious! You will definitely have leftovers unless you have a huge appetite and a very empty stomach!!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Kenzo is a real treasure somewhat hidden in Guilford Square in Chambersburg. The Sushi is the best I've had in Central/South Central PA and the staff are always nice. Give Kenzo a try, if you like Sushi you will add Kenzo to your weekly routine. Enjoy!