“Very New & Still working out issues...”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #17 of 171 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: Italian
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very New & Still working out issues...”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Olive Garden in Chambersburg only open a few weeks ago. My husband arrived 20 minutes before the kids & I did & they WOULD NOT give him a table until the rest of the party arrived. (That was a little frustating w/ young children.) They were running out of things before 6:30pm. There was not any whole wheat pasta, some of the dessert was gone & by 7:00pm there were no BLACK OLIVES @ Olive Garden. I just laughed! No Olives @ Olive Garden, but our waitress as WONDERFUL. She felt so bad, because we had gone out for my husband's birthday. We will go back, but wait a few month, so they can work things out.

• Visited December 2012

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“A Work in Progress”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Even though we decided to try the new Olive Garden in Chambersburg on a Saturday evening, we had a positive experience, without the "glitches" the previous reviewer encountered. Our appetizer (fried calamari) was hot and good, our salad was very fresh and well-dressed, our entrees (eggplant parmegiana and Tuscan-style steak) were very competently prepared and the house wines were pretty good. The service was also competent. Apparently, restaurant message is working hard to correct the growing pains noted by BeachTravelingMama; we were repeatedly asked by managers how the food and service were. We'll return--after a decent interval to give the restaurant a chance to settle its operations into a consistent groove.

• Visited November 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Recently opened, needs some work!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This location opened on Nov 19, 2012. I've been there twice. It does not run smoothly, so does this mean there are all new managers, servers, and cooks who have never worked at another Olive Garden or restaurant of equal or greater status? Everything from "computer glitches," running out of salad and waiting a very long time before more is ready, my entree came out with the soup because the server couldn't get herself together. She was obviously very new to waiting tables, poor time management, she couldn't figure out the numbers to the tables. I just wanted my order taken, this should have been worked out prior to her starting. I waited for her to bring my credit card and copy of the receipt for 15 mins while she entered another order and appeared to be learning the computer and asking questions. This is unacceptable; this is not a random diner, it's Olive Garden, a chain restaurant with a reputation to uphold! The second visit went more smoothly; younger college student who had experience at an Applebees. We waited a very long time for the entrees, she said we were waiting on 1 more item to be done. The ravioli was dry around the edges, not enough marinara. The zuppa soup was inconsistent; 1 bowl had kale, the next had no kale and mostly sausage. From the kids' menu, my son ordered pasta shells with cheese. What came out was the same pasta as in my husband's dish, a curly pasta that looked nothing like shells. Thankfully he agreed to eat it! She said they don't have ice cream, but it's on the menu. This is Chambersburg, PA, perhaps one can't expect too much from a small town?

• Visited November 2012