“First Visit Not Good”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
“First Visit Not Good”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I and another couple ate at the Chambersburg location last evening. The restaurant is new so all of the amenities were good. I ordered an Outlaw Ribeye, 18 oz. of steak. The steak looked good and was cooked properly. Trouble is, there was a large bone and so much inedible fat/gristle that less than half of the weight was trash. I expected the bone, but the gristle was bad. I had a great baked sweet potato and a good salad but the meal was a bust as far as I was concerned. I probably won't go back as a result.

I have cooked many ribeyes on my grill at home, enjoying each one. The meat selection at the Longhorn may be the issue, but I don't want to find out.

• Visited April 2013

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“above average steakhouse, with average wait staff”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

visited with family, we are all steak lovers, I especially like their pepper based seasoning, not wait - immediately seated, we had a pleasant, attentive waiter - however he got a number of things wrong, we declined rolls - he brought them anyway (we didn't eat them - wasted), wife asked for baked potato - he verified 'baked' and then brought mashed potatoes, my steak was good, but wife's was over done, dry and tough, though surprisingly flavorful, french fries were not hot, kid's meal was mac-n-cheese - well prepared and generous portion, generally I like this place quite a lot - but this experience was below par, will definitely go back in hopes of better experience,

• Visited March 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“great experience”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went to Lone Star last Friday night and had a great experience. The place is beautiful inside, "fancier" than I expected. We were told the wait would be 30 minutes and were called in about 20. Our waiter had a wonderful personality and did an excellant job, no complaints. Food and drinks came in a very reasonable amount of time and tasted great! We had steak and shrimp with a HUGE baked potatoe, very good. Some food is a little pricey but also had a deal for two people for $25.00 so you can spend a little or a lot. Had four people in our party and price was well worth it for what we got. Overall great experience, would do it again.

• Visited February 2013
Myerstown, Pennsylvania
“We had a wonderful experience on Monday night”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I had a great dining experience at Longhorn! We had none of the service problems mentioned by another review. We were seated immediately upon arrival and had our drinks a minute later. Our server was that perfect blend of helpfulness without being annoying. She had our drinks refilled before they were more than half gone. If any criticism were to be had, my "medium well" sirloin was more like medium to medium rare. We recommend the raspberry tea and the chocolate stampede dessert as standouts at this restaurant. All in all a great experience!

• Visited February 2013
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“We walked out”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

After great anticipation of new restaurants in the area, my family and I ventured out to try Longhorn. I'd been to ones in both Texas and Oklahoma, and told my parents and brother that the food was really excellent. Sadly, due to terrible service, they never found out. Our waitress took our drink order about 8 minutes after we were seated, though there were many empty tables, and then went up front to chat with the hostesses, loudly enough to know it was not work related. About ten minutes later, she tossed the bread on the table, then stammered something about the drinks. Seeing as we were there about 20 minutes with nary a glass of water served, we decided to leave. When my father asked to speak to a manager, he was informed that the manager had left for the night. Seems like he had the right idea.

This left a sour taste in my parents' mouths and they won't be back.

• Visited December 2012