“Fantastic”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #14 of 175 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Who wouldn't love the Cracker Barrel. Not only is the food inexpensive and good but they offer a wide variety of cute gifts in the front. We experienced good food, super service and reasonable prices.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Foods the same as all
Cracker barrels . Nothing bad or great , just what you expected. Service was very friendly. Just a little slow towards the end waiting for a bill.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Are you hungry? Do you like 100000 calorie meals. Stop in here and eat, eat eat. Lots of food, basic quality etc. Don't try to upscale. Eat the stuff they are famous for: chicken fried steaks, dumplings, and all day breakfast. Store is fun too.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have avoided Cracker Barrel because of previous luke warm experiences - but my mom and aunt really wanted to go there. We arrived mid afternoon on a weekday - so the place was pretty empty.

The hostess told us the specials as these elegant elderly ladies were pulling out their chairs and taking off coats. boo. had to ask again a few time.

The waitress came right away but seemed annoyed that we weren't ready and had a bit of a snippy tone (sometimes cloaked in a smile). When I asked about something on the menus she replied: I already told you that!

hmm. really. do you have something you would rather be doing, server girl?

The broccoli side dish looked like grey green mush (as a matter of fact, my very easygoing non critical of food mom asked me pleasantly: oooh what is this?
I think the bottom of the pot was scraped for their portions because they both commented that the broccoli was burnt tasting.

I ordered hot tea. The little pot came without the bag in it - which I know is a common thing -but you need to tell the customer so that htey can put it in if they don't notice. In any case, the water wasn't boiling - it was just above roomtemp - thus I did not really get tea - I got gently colored water.

My aunt's entree came in two shifts. We don't know why - but she got one plate and then anothr about 10 mins later with the rest of her food (chicken strips - like -three on the first plate an dthen four on the second). It was weird. She took the second plate to go -but it was still weird.

If I hadn't been with them, I would have sent the food back.

Really really disappointing - all the way around - (except some totally delicious coke cake mmmm!)

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful food at a great price! Also was a pleasure to be served by Adam he was very knowledgable and attentive! Will definitely be back here again!