“One of our favorites”

Dining options: Reservations
Smithsburg, Maryland
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We are huge fans of Indian food but since we moved to western Maryland, good ethnic cuisine has been in relatively short supply, so I was very excited to learn of the existence of this place. I really hoped the food would be great and it didn't disappoint. We've gotten takeout twice and had the buffet twice, and every time it's been delicious. The buffet has more selection than I've ever seen at an Indian buffet, and they bring you fresh hot naan, unlike some places where the naan is sitting there under the lights. Naan needs to be fresh and I'm crazy about their naan, it's a little on the sweet side and very buttery.

The food itself is great, I especially appreciate the variety since I've been trying to eat only local pasture-raised meat (which means I'm essentially vegetarian at restaurants). Last time I had the buffet they had veggie korma, spiced potatoes, chickpea curry, mattar paneer and golden lentils, plus three kinds of chicken, a beef dish and a shrimp & rice dish...and salad, desserts, and those little fritter type things. I'm also quite a fan of their cilantro sauce for dipping the fritters in. When I get takeout I usually get the eggplant curry and sometimes we share palak paneer as well, three takeout dishes easily gives us two complete & very filling dinners. The food feels nourishing and it's also not quite as salty as other Indian restaurants (too much salt is my biggest complaint about Indian restaurants in general). I also appreciate that they don't put hot food in styrofoam containers (which melt into your food, ugggh) when you get takeout.

The staff and service is also great. They've always been very nice, and last time we were there we had a waitress who seemed very motivated in finding out what we'd like to see on the buffet and other ways to improve customer experience. I wish more restaurants were so active in trying to find out what customers want!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LadyLinzertorte

“Great Food”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

On the way home from vacation my family (I would consider us pretty familiar with Indian cuisine), and I decided to stop by Bombay. We came at a very slow time for most restaraunts and decided to opt for the lunch buffet. There was a great selection of food, easily the most expansive out of many Indian restaurants I have visited before. The staff was ultra-friendly and the great service added to a truly magnificent meal. I would recommend Bombay to anyone I know, whether they be new-comers to Indian food or Indian food snobs. Well Done

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Walkowiczd
Chambersburg
“A wonderful dining experience!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was soooo happy an Indian restaurant came to Chambersburg!! Before, we would have to drive about 45 minutes just to enjoy one of our favorite foods. I LOVE THIS PLACE!! The staff is super friendly, the food is absolutely delicious and the restaurant itself is decorated so nicely. As you can see with my favorite dish, the portions are generous too!! This is called Pea & Potato Chili. If you don't like spicy, then this particular dish is not for you. BUT they have a great variety of dishes to please everyone's taste!! Whether we come for their lunch buffet or for dinner, we always have a delicious meal at an affordable price. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Teresa M
North Carolina
“So-so Indian”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We eat a lot of Indian food - it's one of our family's favorite types of food - so I acknowledge that we may be pickeir or more discerning than the average person. That said, the food just isn't that good at this restaurant. I couldn't really point anything out specific other than the food not tasting nearly as good as the Indian we have eaten elsewhere.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank leighcecilia
Orrtanna, Pennsylvania
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have lived in NYC and Baltimore and would have Indian at least once a week. The food at Bombay is just as good or better than the best I have had in NYC.

• Visited March 2013