“Denny's - Consistently Pleased”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #68 of 172 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Denny's in Chambersburg, PA has improved drastically from what I remember of years ago. With new management, this restaurant has given us consistently positive experiences every time we visit, which is a couple of times per month.

Located off of exit 14 on I-81, this restaurant features a large parking lot for vehicles of any size. Even when the restaurant is full, parking is not a problem.

We go to Denny's for breakfast. They have a vast menu with choices for every palate. Omeletts, Sizzling Skillets, pancakes (including whole wheat), French toast, and more. Their coffee keeps on coming, with someone continuously circulating the dining areas to refill your cup.

The service we get at Denny's on weekend mornings is delivered by the same staff members. The restaurant seems to have a steady staff-age, at least on weekends. Everyone is friendly, positive, efficient, and knows their stuff. You're immediately seated in one of two dining areas. Drink orders are taken by the host/hostess, and generally delivered by them as well. We've never had to wait long to have our orders taken or food delivered.

The dining room isn't anything special, but it does allow for ample seating without the feeling of being overcrowded. Booths and tables are offered, as well as counter seating by the cook/prep area.

As far as food flavor, I'd have to go with a big yum. Our food comes out hot and fast, and nine times out of ten, the order is correct. Generous portions of hash browns adorn plates with perfectly cooked eggs, and fluffy, never over-cooked pancakes. Skillets are hot and loaded with all the goodies, and bacon is generally pretty crispy (though pretty fatty as well).

We enjoy going to Denny's as a family to enjoy a hot breakfast. With all of the menu options, it's hard to get bored with the flavors. As far as prices go, it all depends on what you get. You can get by with a pretty inexpensive breakfast if you go with the value menu, ($4 for 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, 2 bacons or sausages) but your choices are more limited. For something like a skillet or omelet, expect to pay $7-$9. I have tried an omelet before, and they're divine. Huge, too, usually gives me enough for lunch!

I highly recommend stopping by this 24/7 Denny's for a bite to eat any time of the day. You can get any menu option all day or night, so your taste buds are sure to be pleased. The service is great, and you'll likely have the manager visit your table during your dining, to make sure you're fully satisfied. And if you're not, they'll try to make it right.

There are newer reviews for Denny's

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I have not been to a Dennys for a long time. I wish I had waited longer. The menu is awful anymore, they want you to tell the server how much tip you want to leave when they run the card. They brought the check about a 1/3rd of the way through dinner. It was only 7:15 PM but they seemed to want to clear the place. Just stay away.