“Finally, fantastic Asian food in town!”
Review of Ping's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ping's Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Finally, fantastic Asian food in town!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I've eaten in and done take-out 5 times since they opened. EVERYTHING has been tasty. Vegetables are not limited to carrots and celery like other Asian spots in town. There's fresh eggplant, asparagus, broccoli. FRESH! Lots of care goes into preparation and presentation. Staff very friendly and accommodating. So happy that I can now satisfy my cravings locally.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank hmjfan

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Don't miss this little gem.”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Husband and I went to Ping's last night - 120 S. Main Street, almost across from the theater.
First of all, it is a pretty restaurant - great care has been taken in the decor. This is NOT a buffet restaurant, fortunately. We have enough of these mediocre Chinese restaurants where most of the food is mass produced frozen reheated stuff. Everything here appears to have been made from scratch, from very fresh ingredients.
The menu encompasses Chinese, Japanes, and Thai and there is a sushi bar. We did not order from the sushi bar but it looked good.
We spent about $40 including tip for the two of us. We shared two spring rolls - it became obvious at once that these were freshly made there, not purchased ready-made and fried up. My only complaint is that the duck sauce is too sweet and a little jammy but the hot mustard balanced that up. I had Won Ton soup and the broth had a really homemade flavor and did not depend on lots of salt. My husband had Phoenix and Dragon (shrimp and chicken) and it was very generous - you can tell them how hot you want the dish to be. The only fault was that the chef could have been a little more bold in seasoning. Lots of fresh veggies and the shrimp very fresh. I had Thai Basil Chicken - next time I will be more daring with the hotness of the dish but it was great. Lots of licorice-y fresh Thai basil and red sweet pepper and asparagus and...eggplant! The eggplant was a real surprise and totally excellent.
The waitstaff are very friendly and glad to tell you about each dish and some that AREN'T on the menu, like Vietnamese spring rolls which are cold appetizers wrapped in rice paper - something you won't find in any other local restaurant.
In short, the key word here is homemade and fresh - I hope they keep up the standards of last night - this little gem is worth a try!

• Visited November 2011
4 Thank Natemum
pennsylvania
“A Taste of the Far East”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I have tried this new restaurant a couple of times since it opened. The decor and furnishings are very good. The menu offers Chinese, Japanese and Thai food. Portions were good and the service and food was excellent. This is a great addition to the downtown Chambersburg area restaurants.

• Visited October 2011