“Eh, it was food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Oxford, Alabama
“Eh, it was food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Six co-workers and myself ate here two different times during our two week stay in Chambersburg. It was average as far as bar food goes. I had their brisket sandwich which was very dry and their tilapia which was bland. Their "cole slaw" is really just cabbage and some carrots, no dressing or flavor. Their roast beef platter looked really good though. My first time there the service was horrible! I blame it on being the only female in a large group of males, but I couldn't even get a refil (granted it wasn't beer so I guess she didn't care). All in all- it is a bar don't expect Great food.

Visited August 2012

“Cheap eats, nothing special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Cheap place to eat. Other than that, not my first choice in town.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Chambersburg, PA
“Good Wings, but the Cottage is Better Overall!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I really don't know why my fiance and I keep going back! Actually, I do know- It's for the wings. The wings are good, I have to admit. But that's not enough to make up for all the shortcomings. The inside bar reeks of smoke (not sure how that's possible since PA bars and restaurants are supposed to be non-smoking). So we go to the Norland and eat outside. And every time we're overrun with flies and bees. Outside of the wings, the food is nothing special. I ordered fish and chips last time we were there, and it was the worst fish and chips I've ever had (about 75% nasty batter). The beer selection is lacking. They advertise Roy Pitz on the menu, but the last couple of times we went, they were out!

• Visited September 2011