“Beautiful and clean!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
New Paltz, New York, United States
“Beautiful and clean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed here on our way home. I wish we could have stayed longer! My husband loved the hot tub. The room was large, had a kitchen and a very comfy bed with a nice blanket. The bathroom was beautiful, so clean and shiny! I liked that there were real plates and flatware in the cabinets. Everything was great until I opened the cupboard door below the sink the next morning and saw the previous occupants trash had not been removed. We mentioned it to Janet and she apologized and offered us a discount on our stay. I have to say that things like that can happen anywhere but we were totally impressed by the way Janet handled it, so professional and courteous. I highly recommend this hotel and its staff!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We were very happy that you enjoyed your stay and all of the amentities that our hotel has to offer. We again apologize for the issue you had in your room but by bringing it to our attention we can take proper procedure to correct this issue. Thank you so much again and we hope to see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
windsor, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This fairly new hotel is located about 30 minutes from Gettysburg. The suites have kitchenettes and plates, etc. The room was quite clean and the beds were comfortable.

The staff were friendly and helpful. While the hotel is close to an interstate highway, the room was very quiet. We will stay here the next time we're in the area.

Breakfast is not included but that's really a very minor thing. You can brew your own coffee and there's a supermarket a short distance away (and you have a microwave and a toaster). And you have a full size refrigerator.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All feedback about our hotel is appreciated and we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon. Thanks again!
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I booked this hotel with points (Platinum member) and had to cancel it due to a family emergency. I was on a motorcycle trip and stopped in at the hotel on my way. I explained my situation with the desk clerk who said I'd be billed for the night AND lose my points because it was <24 hours notice, which I understand. I asked to speak with the manager and he spoke with me via phone... he didn't even come out. I explained the situation again and he was curt, condescending and unsympathetic stating policy is policy. The hotel was sold out and there were people in the lobby who also had their reservations screwed up and the manager dictated the same rhetoric to them. It's too bad the other folks had booked another hotel, because I would have given them my room. I signed into the hotel so I wouldn't be charged (and so they couldn't sell the room to someone else) and rode the 450 miles home. I told everyone about this ordeal and will NEVER stay at this hotel. To her credit, unlike the manager, the desk clerk was apologetic. I was tempted to ask her to rent my room for 50% cash and pocket the money, but that would jeopordize her job. She deserved the money more than the pathetic manager. The hotel may be a nice place to stay, but I'm only giving it 1 star due to poor managerial customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Outbackwack
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Outbackwack,

Thank you for taking your time to share such feedback with us, as this certainly is a great contribution to the improvement of the quality of our product and services.

I sincerely apologize for the poor customer care our staff has provided you. As an elite member, we always strive to provide you with the best guest experience and we endeavor to meet your expectations at all times, as such, we deeply regret that we failed on this instance.

You patronage and support are very important, hence, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel and will be used to reconsider updates where possible. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Dhan M
Case Manger
IHGCare
Rodman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel is about 2 years old and very much up-to-date. For traveling, it is near Rt81. The rooms are spacious and very clean and quiet. A full kitchen is a plus for doing your own thing for meals. The staff is very friendly and helpful and were hosting a free quest appreciation night with a cook out. (Try to find that somewhere else!) A full kitchen is a plus for doing your own thing for meals. The restaurants are close by and we enjoyed dinner at Texas Road House. You would not find a better place for the price. We will be sure to stop again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from possible dog noise or away from bottom floor outside doors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do like show our appreciation to our guests by doing a weekly barbecue and we were happy to hear you enjoyed it! We do hope to see you again very soon. Thank you so much again!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Was just there for 1 night but the staff was friendly and once a week in the summer they have free BBQ and beer for guest. It's also really close to an amusement park and pool hall (sunset billiards). Apparently though the 1st floor walls aren't very sound proof because my friend and I were talking in the courtyard at night and we were asked to keep it down because people could hear us.

Room Tip: they allow pets here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We were happy to hear that our staff took good care of you while you stayed with us. We were also happy to hear that you enjoyed our guest appreciation barbecue. We like to take the time to thank our guests whenever we can and that is just one of the many ways we show our appreciation. Thank you again for our review and we hope to see you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has obviously been built very recently, and is in immaculate condition. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was average (I think all these places get food from the same company). All in all, the best Candlewood we have stayed in. I would suggest getting dinner at Aki (next door).

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and we are only about two years old. Our staff takes pride in making sure our facility stays in great condition. We will work in the future to make sure our hotel stays in the immaculate condition you highlighted. We hope that if you return to the area you will stay with us again. Thank you so much!
New Castle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Such a nice hotel. All rooms have a kitchen. Which is great for families, especially when trying to budget for meals. I don't like eating in restaurants every day when we are away for a holiday, dinner or a lunch is ok, but prefer to cook it myself and this hotel you can do that! We bought cereal, bagels, bread, milk and such because there is a full size fridge, microwave and a two burner stove. There are plates, cookware and silverware, everything you could possibly need to cook a full meal. Plus there is also a dishwasher. They also offer gas grills to cook outside and tables outdoors by the pool to sit and eat at. This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all the feedback that our hotel receives. We were so happy to have you and were glad that you enjoyed the kitchenettes that our rooms offer. We hope that you return very soon.