“Just a get away!”

Candlewood Suites Chambersburg
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Was having a bad week with work and home life so I thought I would go about 20 miles down the road and find a hotel to stay in. I saw a lot when I got to Chambersburg didn't know what one I wanted to stay at. So I had some dinner at Pizza Boxx witch is new to the mall in Chambersburg. They told me about Candlewood Suites and how sweet the staff was and how nice it was. Not sure if they know them well or if its the same owners. So anyway I drove over there witch is in the same parking lot non the less. I didn't even make it in the door and the lady at the desk said hello to me right away. What a great thing to do. I don't get away much so not sure if people do this all over or not. I have to say that made my day after dinner at Pizza Boxx witch was great. I asked how much a room was and she said a price don't want to post that on here. I said I'll take it. Went up to the room it was great kitchen and a chair the bed was so great! I couldn't get over how clean it was and how nice the staff was to me. I felt like I was there family. I never go swimming but I did when I was at Candlewood the pool was so clean and very nice. They even have grill. On Wed they had a cook out. I felt like this was my family. When I check out the staff was so sweet and very welcoming once again. If I ever need a week away again I will be going here!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Lee L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our home away from home. I will share your comments with my staff immidietly. We take such pride in our property and the staff treats everyone like they are family. We want you to feel free like your own home. We can not wait to see you again in the near future. Very happy you had a great time at our home away from home. Happy that we made your week better for you. Have a great weekend! Hope you vist very soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Candlewood last August and was impressed with how wonderful everything was so when I came back I was hoping for the same experience. It was better then I remember everyone was so polite and helpful, I asked for an early check in and the obliged my room was ready and waiting for me.... The pool was nice and inviting as well! When I stopped at the front desk next morning Kathryn always has a smile on her and was very happy to answer any questions I had and was able to send me off in the right direction all in all a wonderful trip definitely will stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our home away from home. I will share your comments with my staff immidietly. We take such pride in our property and the staff treats everyone like they are family. We want you to feel free like your own home. We can not wait to see you again in the near future. Very happy you had a great time at our home away from home. So glad you came back. We always like when we see the same people. Have a great weekend! Hope you vist very soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is fantastic. We stayed in a suite for a week. Rooms were spacious, included full kitchen with full sized fridge and pantry. Pots, pans, knives, utensils, as well as dishwashing powder and liquid available, to name just a few things. Sink, range top and microwave. Coffee maker, toaster. Ability to borrow a toaster over. Plenty of eating space in the room. There was a huge desktop, free wifi, extra phone line plug in for computer, lots of electrical outlets. Lazyboy type chair, a tv, couch, coffe and side tables, and spacious living space with large windows. Bedroom had closet for hanging, bureau for folded clothes, another tv, large window and reading lights. There was ample space for luggage also. Ironing board, iron, hair dryer, free coffee in the suite. Large bathroom, many extra towels, with the option to switch out whenever needed. Full vanity, great lighting. The place was spotless (it's only a year or so old). There was a pool, a whirlpool, complimentary do-it-yourself laundry, a workout room, and a business suite. They also have a honor system pantry which is open 24-7 with key card. There are daily papers here too. There is also seating space outside, a gazebo, and a grill you can borrow by asking the staff. But the best thing about our stay? The staff was amazing. So happy, so friendly, so informative, and just good at what they did. Thank you for a super stay. Very worth the price, we'll be looking for more Candlewood's across the country b/c of our experience here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our home away from home. I will share your comments with my staff immidietly. We take such pride in our property and the staff treats everyone like they are family. We want you to feel free like your own home. We can not wait to see you again in the near future. Very happy you had a great time at our home away from home. Have a great weekend! Hope you vist very soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Booked a 1BR suite for 2 nights; arrived@5:30 on April 22. Receptionist(Erica) seemed to be out of her depth. Offered no Priority Club amenity and when I asked about it she looked blank. Told me I could have a bottle of water. Announced my room number out loud, even though there were other people around. Also left tax-exempt form-with my home address on it-out in plain sight where anyone could see it. Kept apologizing for slow computer. Put me in a queen (accessible) room; said there were only 4 suites in the hotel, and they were booked. Told her I was confirmed for 1BR King Suite. She said there were none left. I pressed her since I had a confirmation number. She couldn't find any reservation under my name. Then she told me I was booked for a week. I suggested she look up my confirmation number and, lo and behold, there was my reservation. Went to collect my bags and move to my new room...only neither key worked. Down to the desk; back to room; keys still didn't work; back to front desk; back to room-keys finally worked. Room was fine except for cigarette butt in toilet bowl ( non-smoking room...right!) and hairs ( head? Body? I really didn't want to know!) in bathroom sink. No TV channel listing; Erica said she'd print one out. She never did...printer got stuck. Two men tried to enter room with key given to them by Erica; were surprised to see room already occupied. Left room a couple of times and found key had deactivated both times. You get the idea:all in all a very unpleasant check in experience and not what I've come to expect from Candlewood Suites.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank legacy99
Lee L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

We hope you give us another try. We are very sorry that this happen to you. We strive to be the best and not let stuff like this happen. We hope your second night was more enjoyable. We will be looking forward to seeing you next time you are working with the school district in our area.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I live about two hours away from Chambersburg, but I needed to "run away" from family for a couple of nights of solitude to catch up on a writing project. This Candlewood was inexpensive in terms of hotel chain points, very new, and close to eating establishments. It was exactly what I needed. A small kitchen like in Candlewoods is more attractive to me than a breakfast buffet when I stay in a hotel--I like to sleep late.

Just be sure to ask about discounts that nearby restaurants give. After I walked back from Fuddruckers, the desk clerk asked me if I used the Candlewood discount. "What discount?" I asked. The exchange was brief, but awkward.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family and I stayed here from 22 February to 14 March while we were in transition between military assignments. The staff and facilities here were absolutely fenominal, from the district manager to the cleaning staff, everyone was extremely courteous and friendly. We had some unique situations come up and they were up to the task of helping us resolve these issues. While we were there, they underwent some inspections and we learned that they received 100% ratings on many areas! In our opinion, these ratings were truly deserved!!!!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Lee L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our home away from home. I will share your comments with my staff immidietly. We take such pride in our property and the staff treats everyone like they are family. We want you to feel free like your own home. We can not wait to see you again in the near future. We enjoyed having you here. Your cats are so cute. Hope your trip was safe and everyone made it okay. We look forward to see you again. Thank you for the nice comments about our staff.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for just a one night getaway and we were both impressed by this hotel.

The property is located right off the interstate so it makes for easy off, easy on. It is also located next to a shopping center with 5 or 6 restaurants so you can walk and get dinner. The whole area looked fresh and new so it doesn't have a run-down, seedy look which gives you a good feeling.

Upon entering through the front door we were greeted by a very friendly woman at the front desk who promptly checked us in. We continued to our room and while we new they were suites, were surprised to see a whole kitchen in the room. The room was bright and roomy and upon inspection was very clean. There was no indication of wear and tear anywhere, including the bathrooms. The bed was comfortable and we both enjoyed a pleasant nights sleep.

If you are traveling through Southern PA, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple