Candlewood Suites Chambersburg
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 Chambersburg(Chambersburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree laundrylong term staytexas roadhousefront deskfull size fridgesmall kitchenwithin walking distancerestaurants and shoppinghot tubnice sizeworkout roomstaff was friendlygreat place to stayindoor poolstovegrandkidsroomy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Booked a 1BR suite for 2 nights; arrived@5:30 on April 22. Receptionist(Erica) seemed to be out of her depth. Offered no Priority Club amenity and when I asked about it she looked blank. Told me I could have a bottle of water. Announced my room number out loud, even though there were other people around. Also left tax-exempt form-with my home address on it-out in plain sight where anyone could see it. Kept apologizing for slow computer. Put me in a queen (accessible) room; said there were only 4 suites in the hotel, and they were booked. Told her I was confirmed for 1BR King Suite. She said there were none left. I pressed her since I had a confirmation number. She couldn't find any reservation under my name. Then she told me I was booked for a week. I suggested she look up my confirmation number and, lo and behold, there was my reservation. Went to collect my bags and move to my new room...only neither key worked. Down to the desk; back to room; keys still didn't work; back to front desk; back to room-keys finally worked. Room was fine except for cigarette butt in toilet bowl ( non-smoking room...right!) and hairs ( head? Body? I really didn't want to know!) in bathroom sink. No TV channel listing; Erica said she'd print one out. She never did...printer got stuck. Two men tried to enter room with key given to them by Erica; were surprised to see room already occupied. Left room a couple of times and found key had deactivated both times. You get the idea:all in all a very unpleasant check in experience and not what I've come to expect from Candlewood Suites.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank legacy99
Lee L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

We hope you give us another try. We are very sorry that this happen to you. We strive to be the best and not let stuff like this happen. We hope your second night was more enjoyable. We will be looking forward to seeing you next time you are working with the school district in our area.

Thank you for staying with us.
Kathryn Berdanier

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I live about two hours away from Chambersburg, but I needed to "run away" from family for a couple of nights of solitude to catch up on a writing project. This Candlewood was inexpensive in terms of hotel chain points, very new, and close to eating establishments. It was exactly what I needed. A small kitchen like in Candlewoods is more attractive to me than a breakfast buffet when I stay in a hotel--I like to sleep late.

Just be sure to ask about discounts that nearby restaurants give. After I walked back from Fuddruckers, the desk clerk asked me if I used the Candlewood discount. "What discount?" I asked. The exchange was brief, but awkward.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our home away from home. I will share your comments with my staff immidietly. We take such pride in our property and the staff treats everyone like they are family. We want you to feel free like your own home. We can not wait to see you again in the near future. Very happy you had a great time at our home away from home.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family and I stayed here from 22 February to 14 March while we were in transition between military assignments. The staff and facilities here were absolutely fenominal, from the district manager to the cleaning staff, everyone was extremely courteous and friendly. We had some unique situations come up and they were up to the task of helping us resolve these issues. While we were there, they underwent some inspections and we learned that they received 100% ratings on many areas! In our opinion, these ratings were truly deserved!!!!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Lee L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our home away from home. I will share your comments with my staff immidietly. We take such pride in our property and the staff treats everyone like they are family. We want you to feel free like your own home. We can not wait to see you again in the near future. We enjoyed having you here. Your cats are so cute. Hope your trip was safe and everyone made it okay. We look forward to see you again. Thank you for the nice comments about our staff.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for just a one night getaway and we were both impressed by this hotel.

The property is located right off the interstate so it makes for easy off, easy on. It is also located next to a shopping center with 5 or 6 restaurants so you can walk and get dinner. The whole area looked fresh and new so it doesn't have a run-down, seedy look which gives you a good feeling.

Upon entering through the front door we were greeted by a very friendly woman at the front desk who promptly checked us in. We continued to our room and while we new they were suites, were surprised to see a whole kitchen in the room. The room was bright and roomy and upon inspection was very clean. There was no indication of wear and tear anywhere, including the bathrooms. The bed was comfortable and we both enjoyed a pleasant nights sleep.

If you are traveling through Southern PA, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at the Candlewood while attending a concert at nearby Shippensburg University. From check in to check out the stay was great. The rooms were as clean as could be. The beds were so comfy and the bathroom was huge. We had a 1 bedroom suite and it was huge.
The indoor pool had the perfect temp. and was crystal clear as was the hot tub.
The hotel is situated next to a plaza with several places to eat, including Texas Roadhouse, Fudruckers. Also, less then a quarter mile is a shopping center with a Kohls, Giant grocery and a Sheetz.
This is a great hotel to stay if you are visiting Shippensburg area. It was less than 15 minutes away to attend our concert.
I would not hesitate to stay here again while in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Lee Lemelman GM