“I needed a place to "hole up" and work on a project.”

Candlewood Suites Chambersburg
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I live about two hours away from Chambersburg, but I needed to "run away" from family for a couple of nights of solitude to catch up on a writing project. This Candlewood was inexpensive in terms of hotel chain points, very new, and close to eating establishments. It was exactly what I needed. A small kitchen like in Candlewoods is more attractive to me than a breakfast buffet when I stay in a hotel--I like to sleep late.

Just be sure to ask about discounts that nearby restaurants give. After I walked back from Fuddruckers, the desk clerk asked me if I used the Candlewood discount. "What discount?" I asked. The exchange was brief, but awkward.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Lee L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our home away from home. I will share your comments with my staff immidietly. We take such pride in our property and the staff treats everyone like they are family. We want you to feel free like your own home. We can not wait to see you again in the near future. Very happy you had a great time at our home away from home.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family and I stayed here from 22 February to 14 March while we were in transition between military assignments. The staff and facilities here were absolutely fenominal, from the district manager to the cleaning staff, everyone was extremely courteous and friendly. We had some unique situations come up and they were up to the task of helping us resolve these issues. While we were there, they underwent some inspections and we learned that they received 100% ratings on many areas! In our opinion, these ratings were truly deserved!!!!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Lee L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our home away from home. I will share your comments with my staff immidietly. We take such pride in our property and the staff treats everyone like they are family. We want you to feel free like your own home. We can not wait to see you again in the near future. We enjoyed having you here. Your cats are so cute. Hope your trip was safe and everyone made it okay. We look forward to see you again. Thank you for the nice comments about our staff.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for just a one night getaway and we were both impressed by this hotel.

The property is located right off the interstate so it makes for easy off, easy on. It is also located next to a shopping center with 5 or 6 restaurants so you can walk and get dinner. The whole area looked fresh and new so it doesn't have a run-down, seedy look which gives you a good feeling.

Upon entering through the front door we were greeted by a very friendly woman at the front desk who promptly checked us in. We continued to our room and while we new they were suites, were surprised to see a whole kitchen in the room. The room was bright and roomy and upon inspection was very clean. There was no indication of wear and tear anywhere, including the bathrooms. The bed was comfortable and we both enjoyed a pleasant nights sleep.

If you are traveling through Southern PA, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at the Candlewood while attending a concert at nearby Shippensburg University. From check in to check out the stay was great. The rooms were as clean as could be. The beds were so comfy and the bathroom was huge. We had a 1 bedroom suite and it was huge.
The indoor pool had the perfect temp. and was crystal clear as was the hot tub.
The hotel is situated next to a plaza with several places to eat, including Texas Roadhouse, Fudruckers. Also, less then a quarter mile is a shopping center with a Kohls, Giant grocery and a Sheetz.
This is a great hotel to stay if you are visiting Shippensburg area. It was less than 15 minutes away to attend our concert.
I would not hesitate to stay here again while in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Lee Lemelman GM

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I started staying at Candlewood in Chambersburg ever since they first opened. Lee, the general manager, was quick to make us feel right at home and very welcome. The hotel, even after the length of time it has been open, is still beautiful (I dare you try and find a flaw) and clean. The rooms are always clean, and fresh smelling as well. We love being able to stay in our room and actually COOK when we don't feel like going out - and the dishwasher is a major plus too! On top of that, we love the Candlewood Pantry (where we sneak down to get midnight snacks) and talk to Anna - the front desk attendant who feels like our long lost mother. She is sweet, kind, and never has a bad day. She's always smiles. During the daytime, Ty makes us feel at home as well - he's always AWESOME and ready and willing to help.

If you're looking for a wonderful HOTEL and EXPERIENCE. This is the place for you. Try it out and you won't regret it. My boyfriend and I will never stop travelling to our home away from home.

Room Tip: We love the room with a seperate bedroom and living area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you very much taking the time to review our home away from home property. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. Anna, and Ty and staff will be shown your wonderful compliments about them. We look forward to seeing you again.

From your hotel family.

Happy belated valentines day!!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband & I never met a hotel we liked....UNTIL NOW! We stayed one night in a modern, clean (did I mention "clean"?!? Like, walk-in-your-bare-feet & not-afraid-to-smell-the-fresh-pillow clean!) studio room with 1 queen bed & a kitchen, complete with dishwasher. Friendly staff...wish we could have stayed a week!

Room Tip: A studio room allowed us to enjoy our own hot breakfast at our leisure & to save money on meals.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. We take pride in making out hotel like your home environment. I will share your great comments with our staff. We can not wait til we welcome you home again. Happy new year. Lee Lemelman GM

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Over the Christmas holidays, I found myself driving from New England to the Carolinas and back again. The place that I'd always used as my halfway point got worse and worse each year, so I opted to try something different and used the coupon book at the Pennsylvania rest areas as a guide. Candlewood Suites looked to be what I needed, and in more ways than not, it was exactly so.

Located easily off I-81 via both exits 17 and 16, the hotel is located near two shopping plazas (one right next door, walkable, and the other a very short drive and filled with Target, Kohls, Starbucks, etc.) Within walking distance are several restaurants (Fuddruckers, a Japanese steakhouse, Moe's Southwest, a pizza place, a Texas Roadhouse, etc.). Having a full kitchen in the suite meant leftovers could not only be refrigerated, they could be re-heated without issue.

The hotel offers a concierge store, where any food/beverages or toiletries could be purchased on the room account, doing away with the vending machine system most use, and freeing one from needing money or change for machines. Free laundry room, exercise room, pool and jacuzzi are all clean, well-appointed and open reasonable hours.

Both rooms I stayed in were spotless and had no issues, and my use of the facilities was easy and effortless. The desk staff were extremely friendly, warm and welcoming, and quick with any helpful info a guest might ask for. The Wifi worked well in the rooms.

The only thing that kept this review from being a perfect five instead of a four was the bath linens (both in room and at the pool/jacuzzi). Although clean, they were very small and of some sort of scratchy material/weave. They took away from an otherwise perfect stay both directions of my trip. They won't be enough to deter future stops on my holiday travels, but it's not that difficult to provide comfortable bath towels. The bed linens were very good. Again, everything was clean, this is just a creature comfort I'm addressing.

All in all, I highly recomnmend this establishment.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

We are so proud of our hotel and team and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Happy new year and can not wait til we see you again. Your comments will be shared with our staff!

Lee Lemelman. GM