“Good food, odd atmosphere”

The Orchards Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 171 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant many times over the years and have noted an improvement in the food the last few times I've been there. They seem to have someone who knows what they're doing in the kitchen. Lots of seafood, meat and pasta dishes, some nice Greek appetizers; nothing vegetarian at all unless you would go the salad and appetizer route. The atmosphere is dark and sort of fake-fancy. My husband called it "old fashioned", but there's something about it that doesn't work for me but may appeal to others. This is a popular place for receptions and other group meal events.

1  Thank partera_9

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Recently visited the restaurant and sat at the bar for a cold beverage and light fare. Bartender was quite personable, pleasant, and attentive. Nice menu selection. Nice setting for the patrons in this lounge / dining area. Food was good. Price was reasonable but prices certainly reflect "upscale" as another reviewer mentioned.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Very expensive restaurant that tries to appear high class and they aren't even close to that. They are located in an industrial park and do not allow hats in the restaurant. Food and drinks are overpriced

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Everything is amazing there. Food is always spot on and drinks are always delicious. All the servers are smart quick and the females are good looking.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We tried out the Orchards today, I had won a gift card from the radio station and finally found a time to go. We looked online before we went so we had an idea of what food they had. We ate in the Civil Bar and on a Sunday afternoon we was the only ones in there, nice and quiet. Our Waiter Alex was nice and took care of us well throughout the meal.
I had the Stuffed Flonder w/Crabmeat and sauce, Baked Potato & coleslaw, it was so good I didn't even ask for Tarter Sauce. The cole slaw was standard but good and not some crazy fancy cole slaw I wouldn't eat. My Husband had the Chicken Cordon Bleu and sides and he enjoyed his very much also. I do have to say it's a little expensive for us but every once in awhile you just have to see how others Live (lol) Would Recommend to anyone.

1  Thank luv2travel1963