“A great place to stay!”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“A great place to stay!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The La Quinta in Chambersburg, PA, from the moment you walk in the door, is a different experience. The staff at the front desk are so friendly, and you feel truly welcome when you arrive. When I got to my room, I did not think the heat was working. It was sub zero, and just plain cold, but I had my room changed immediately. They called an hour later to make sure that I was warm. The breakfast is good, and there are a lot of choices to be had. If you have a choice in where to stay, this would be a good one to make!

Room Tip: Odd rooms face away from I-81.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
LQ_GM6484, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Hey Dustye A!

Firstly, thank you for taking the time and writing us a review! I truly appreciate it! I'm delighted that your past few stays with us have been pleasant and welcoming. Next time your in town, let me know, I have a special treat for you.

Until the next time thank you for your stay-ship and safe travels where ever they may take you.

717-446-0770 x5500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel is nicer than most of the LaQuinta Inns that I've stayed over the years. The room was very clean & like refrigerators & microwaves in each room. TV remote didn't work, but within minutes after I called the front desk, maintenance came with a new one and made sure it worked fine before leaving. Thermostatic heat controls worked perfectly. Bathroom was very clean, but would suggest you use other soap other than what they provide. The Citrus soap just sucks the moisture right out of your skin. I used another hotel chain's soap the next morning, and it was fine. The towels were very stiff and scratchy, but probably due to hard water conditions in the Chambersburg area. The entire hotel had a very fresh scent in the hallways, lobby, and rooms. I suggested that they begin express checkout system like many of their competitor's do. If you are in a hurry in the morning, you have to stop and the front desk to checkout & get a copy of the receipt. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
LQ_GM6484, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Rick S,

I am so pleased to hear that you have had a better than anticipated experience at our property comparative to others. Our main focus is to always provide excellence in service, hospitality and standard of quality.

We are going through many changes at our hotel to better service our guests. One of these changes has stemmed from your valued feedback. Our laundering methods will be tweaked slightly to ensure that the end result is comfortable for all of our guests in the future. We are committed to making each and every one of our guest's stays welcoming, inviting and memorable.

If you should have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Safe travels and have a fantastic rest of your January!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Because I love traveling with my 2 Sharpeis, and LaQuinta is very pet friendly,I have spent many nights in many LaQuintas in many states. This particular inn I've been in twice, because I usually stop here on my trips to NYC. The first time left no lasting impression on me. I knew it was clean etc., but nothing special. This visit was totally different. My first impression was that it was newly remodeled. The place just seems to gleam. The room was perfection; meticulous, roomy and so nicely furnished. However, appearance is not the reason this particular LaQuinta is superior. It is the management and the staff. There was not one single staff member that did not greet you with a smile and say hello. Not one. When I checked out I dealt with the general manager, a Mr. Flohr and I immediately understood why all the staff I encountered was so gracious and amiable. He most certainly creates a wonderful environment. He is extremely pleasant, and courteous with a smile that cannot be faked. This is an awesome place and I attribute that to the manager and his influence on the staff.
From here I went to a LaQuinta in New York City and that was a very, very different experience. If only the management here could be cloned and sent to all the LaQuintas .

Room Tip: I can't imagine this place has any inferior rooms. Ask the front desk to accommodate you, and if...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Carmen L
Dear Carmen L,

It has been a sincere pleasure conversing back and forth with you with your outstanding, raving reviews for the La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg! I am ecstatic for your future return trips to the property. Be sure to let me know when you're coming back in; I most definitely want to make sure I'm here when you arrive!

Thank you again for your stay-ship and safe travels where ever you may go!

New Hampshire
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Room was quiet , clean and comfy. Glad our dog could stay. We were travelling hard from FL to NH so breakfast is important.The coffee maker was located in bathroom which grossed me out-unsanitary- so decided to wait for downstairs. When we went to get breakfast ..no yogurt, no water, NO CREAM for the coffee!!????????
There was fake creamer hazelnut and Fr vanilla but we don't do the chemical flavored thing. No scrambled eggs? (There were peeled, hardboiled eggs to be fair, just not an appetizing sight) So lame. No one traveling to beat an ice stormcan afford to make an extra stop to eat or get coffee. If that is what the 15% discounted rate price causes, I will gladly pay more somewhere else to count on a decent fueling up and quick start in the morning.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the back away from the highway. We did not hear a thing.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank madgardener55
LQ_GM6484, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear madgardener55,

Firstly, I wanted to thank you for your stay-ship at our property during your recent travels. As a manager and as a hotel I always look forward to receiving guest comments to see how we as a hotel are doing. Our property and La Quinta continuously strive for superior service and high standards to be provided to each and every one of our guests.

I want to apologize that your experience with your stay was unsatisfactory and that our breakfast offerings fell below your expectations. I wanted to let you know that very recently we have changed our breakfast offerings to accommodate the travelers' changing needs. I hope that in the future you will allow us to WOW you.

If you should have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to connect with me directly.

Happy new year and safe travels.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This La Qunita is located right off I81. I have stayed a few times because it is at the half way point on a 14 hours drive I take a few times a year. It is clean, quiet, and in very good condition. Despite its proximity to the highway, there is no highway noise in the rooms. The hotel is also located in a nice neighborhood if you want a walk. It is great if you have a dog. The staff was nice and efficient, the rooms are clean and new, and the hotel is quite comfortable. Good beds.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the back of the hotel are probably more quiet than those facing the highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shelah B
LQ_GM6484, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Hawkhazel,

I wanted to personally thank you for your review of our hotel and your recent stay at our property. As a hotel, we truly do appreciate to see how we're doing and to see where improvement can be made.

I hope that in your future travels we'll have another opportunity to WOW you once again with our superior service and high standards La Quinta style.

If you should have any further questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Have a happy new year and safe travels.

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Wow! As an exhausted mom of 4 with twin 5 month-old boys, I was looking for a nice place to stay for some R&R and a night of unbroken sleep and WOW did I get it!! Alex and another kind guy working at the front desk gave me an amazing deal on a king suite and they had it in their minds to treat me like a queen! Alex brought hot chocolate up to my room for me to enjoy upon arrival and then he even brought up food the next morning for me to enjoy--he said the mom of infant twins deserved some special treatment! Wow! I left that hotel feeling refreshed and blessed! Thanks again, Alex!!! : )

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank 500Julie
Dear 500Julie,

Let's just start by saying, you deserved every minute of your R&R. It was our sincere pleasure making your evening memorable and relaxing. I hope that in the future when you need some time to yourself that you'll definitely think of us again!

Don't forget, our hotel and La Quinta strives to meet and exceed our guest's expectations with superior service and high standards!

We'll see you soon!