“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Detroit
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was very satisfied with this hotel. I got a great rate on Hotwire and got a lot of bang for my buck. The property still had the new hotel smell. The hotel is convenient and right off the hwy. This is not too far away from Gettysburg. Check-in was quick and smooth. The room was decent size with room to move about. We had an updated TV and all the other amenities are updated. The bathroom was a good size and had good counter space. The beds were comfy and the room was very clean. Breakfast was nothing fancy, but adequate. It was coffee, juices, cereal, bagels. I would stay here again. All in all a very good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
LQ_GM6484, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Good Afternoon!! First let me thank you for such kind words!

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here at La Quinta Inn. Its a great feeling to know that we were a good fit for you and that you even recieved a great rate from hotwire!!

Again thank you for writing a great review of your stay here and have a safe trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Excellent in all ways I need. Safe, clean, super enthusiastic staff, excellent value, dog friendly. I was more than pleased and will definitely stay here again. The room was new, clean, well appointed, TV easy to figure out , and quiet.

Room Tip: I had a double queen. Fantastic. I try to get the best bargain, AAA or AARP, as I am not in a hotel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
LQ_GM6484, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Good Afternoon!!! Let me first say Thank You for taking the time to write such a good review of your stay here at La Quinta. It was our pleasure having you here.

We are grateful you enjoyed your stay in all ways and hope to see you again soon!!
Breckenridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I booked into this Inn because it was convenient to Gettysburg, and it was pet friendly. Our room was clean and nicely decorated. Service was good, and the breakfast was adequate. It located adjacent to an area of offices and homes, and contrary to Wendy1107's comment about limited area dog walking, I was able to take Dillon on long walks where there was little traffic.

Room Tip: I was on the I-77 side of the inn and it was not that noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you soo much for taking the time to write your thoughts on how your stay was.

I love our location because it is close to many shops and restaurants and approx 20 mins from Gettysburg! The only downside is the hwy noise on one side of the building. Which we do not place people there unless the backside is full.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had adequate space to walk Dillon!

Thanks again and have a great trip!
new york state
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

When booking this hotel, I told them we were traveling with two dogs and asked for a first floor room. Upon arriving at 3:40 pm(check in time is 3pm) the room was not cleaned yet. I was offered a second floor room...I declined. I was then offered Room #118 and was told that the room could be noisy because it was next to the mechanical room and , again, had to be cleaned. I was then told by the two women at the front desk that this was the only room that was available, if I wanted to be on the first floor...I accepted this room, (I had no other choice) Their coffee is colored water..avoid!! Go down the road to Starbucks for a REAL cup of coffee. The two women at the front desk seemed to do a lot of "fumbling: with the computer" before answering any of my questions. We stayed here for two nights. There was NO hot tub as we have found in other La Quinta Inns....Disappointed!! ...Upon leaving on the third day, we asked for a receipt for the stay. Again the same two women were at the front desk....was told that we could not get a receipt until we checked out, even though they had my charge card number. I have NEVER heard of this and have traveled extensively....was told that when we check out, housekeeping would be there to clean, although upon checking in at 3:40 two days prior the room was not cleaned. I finally got a receipt and within 15 minutes, I believe to be the manager, came knocking on our door, The DO NOT Disturb sign was still stuck in the door....The hotel is right off of an interstate and is quite noisy. The room was clean as was the facility. It is close to restaurants and stores and is easy to get off and get on the interstate. .I feel that this La Quinta needs to put the people who work there into a class for computer proficiency

Room Tip: call a couple days ahead of time to confirm your room and where it will be located.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
LQ_GM6484, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
First i want to thank you for voicing your opinion on the matter and like everything there is always two sides to one story and then the truth.

I am sorry You didn't enjoy your stay here. I did however research your reservation and there was nothing to state asking for a first floor room. Now first let me say there are only a total of 5 rooms on the first floor due to the indoor heated swimming pool, the breakfast area, fitness center and business cente. Among those 5 rooms there are only 2 of the room type you requested which was the 2 queen bed rooms. One of which is occupied by a long term guest and the other being 118. Now as you stated we did tell you it was noisy and NOT reccomended this being why we clean it last at the end of the day. Now I know my staff wouldn't have had an issue placing you next to the elevator or near a stairwell on the backside of the building on the second floor where it's quieter to help accomadate you better.

I apologize we do NOT have a hot tub but we closed ours down well over a year ago and we tell peolpe we do NOT have one but do have an indoor heated swimming pool, as I'm sure you've figured out not everyone with the same name will be exactly the same. Again, we do apologize for that. I also wanted to comment on the manager part. I am obviously the manager and NEVER knocked on your door at any given time.

Again. here at La Quinta Inn in Chambersburg we deeply apologize for any and all confusions that took place and if you have any questions feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.