“Great but....”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
virgil
“Great but....”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Hello, I love staying at La Quintas....great value and consistancy. This hotel met most of my expectations.
My first impression was much more than I expected. The furnishings and decor was of a higher rated hotel and was immaculate.
The check in was prompt and professional.Veejay met all my requirements.
The room was a suite and was very stylish and welcoming and very very quiet.The bedding was high quality and the bed itself was extremely comfortable.
Now here is the buts....
.... the hot tub was out of order....it seems to me that in most La Quinta's the hot tubs are rarely in working order.....not too serious but come on get it together.
.... now considering all the things that I have stated that are good or great I was very surprised and disappointed when on almost every shiny surface ie; french doors,window,wood funiture,headbord,t.v's.There were fingerprints and smudges. Perhaps if the hotel was not so new the smudges and dirt would not be so apparent. Now you may think that this is really not a big deal but this is a fairly new hotel .... how hard is it to keep things polished!
These are the things we see , it makes me wonder what aren't we seeing.
Overall I think this was a good place to stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back to avoid highway noise
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed in this brand new hotel. Yes, they allow dogs, I have 3. Everything looks luxurious. However, I could hear people talking in a normal voice in the room next door, and in the bathroom it sounded like they were in the room with me. Why build a nice hotel with paper thin walls? I slept poorly due to the fact I could hear people talking next door, even over my background noise machine playing with the ocean sounds. Also, only a handful of guests were staying here.......and from the sounds of it, were all clustered in the same area from the noise I could hear. Very disappointed. I would not stay here again. I highly value QUIET!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you value QUIETNESS. Walls are paper thin, for a brand new hotel. Shameful!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lucy M
California
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Large rooms, incredible beds, an abundance of electrical outlets and a luxurious bathroom with bamboo plank flooring. The closet was good sized, the refrigerator worked well and was almost soundless. Lots of towels and pillows. The staff was friendly and responsive.

No pet sounds leaked into the corridors either because of exceptional sound proofing or exceptionally well behaved animals. We will definitely return, this particular facility is underrated.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dunwoody, GA
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We stayed here a few nights ago. Very clean, well kept and convenient to I-81. We had our dog and the stay was great for him too and there was no extra charge. Room was spacious and in good shape.
Negatives: Front desk clerk was friendly but not knowledgable about local restaurants.
Suggestion: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel---quieter location. The front faces I-81 and would be noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the hotel----quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Guam, Mariana Islands
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Pros: New, located just off the highway, allows pets to stay for free (my 2 cats enjoyed their stay), modern decor, plenty of outlets for charging electronics, very comfortable pillows, very pretty bathrooms (rather than a traditional hotel counter, they have a modern, dark wood shelf that holds up the sink, tissues, and extra towels), closet with hangers, nice size flat screen TV, indoor pool, meeting rooms, fridge hidden behind door of dresser to minimize noise, digital thermostat, decent complimentary breakfast, vending area also includes medicine such as Tylenol for purchase, conveniently located near retail stores such as Petsmart and Target and several restaurants, very clean, didn't hear any road noise but we were on the side away from the highway

Cons: Only provide shampoo and bar of soap in your room so if you are expecting additional toiletries ask at the front desk or bring them, no exhaust fan in bathroom

Overall, we were very pleased with this hotel and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway if road noise bothers you. Bring extra toiletries.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Although the facility is new, it fronts on I-81 and there's no let-up with the traffic noise. We found that the drapes don't close...only the sheers. There's no exhaust fan in the bathroom nor any provision for heat. The room thermostat is on the wall at belt leve...we still haven't figured that one out yet. There was a floor lamp in our room that didn't work. Their WiFi is present, but getting on just yields local access...I called the desk clerk (some kid who looked like he just got released from a detention facility) and he wanted me to bring my laptop down. I declined as he seemed overly occupied by being on the phone for his entire shift. There's no setting for Fan Only on the heating/ac system, so fan goes off for long periods.

The physical plant is nice and still smells new...in places. The bed was compfortable and the rooms seem sufficiently spacious, but I have a feeling that in time this place will become seedy and uncared-for. Just my feeling. We've stayed in countless La Quinta's and will continue to do so, but I doubt that we'll be back here.

Room Tip: If I absolutely HAD to stay here, I'd make sure I was on the back side of the building...away fr...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business