“Nice, but small portions”

Mario's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 175 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Quaint little restaurant on the main drag. Service was good and food was delicious. A Little pricey for the size of the portions.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

My guess is that many people staying at hotels in the Chambersburg area will choose to eat at a chain restaurant, we had excellent advice and decided to try Mario's.

There's an extensive menu. The food excellent. The serving sizes more than generous. Service was outstanding and attentive. The prices were quite reasonable.

Couldn't ask for more! Well, I guess you could ask for one thing: veal parmesan isn't on the printed menu but is always available anyway--and it's very good, indeed!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stopped on our trip at Exit 14 of I81 for the night specifically to go to this restaurant. It sounded good both on TripAdvisor and the AAA book. The menu looked adequate and it included chicken parm which my husband had been hankering for for several days. He was not disappointed. It was the most tender chicken ever, tasty with a very good red sauce. I ordered the rib eye, rare and it came perfectly cooked, juicy and tender. The salad was a nice mix of lettuces and ripe tomato with a nice creamy Italian dressing. During the meal the owner/chef made the rounds of the tables to check on how everyone liked their meals. The waitress was very sweet and accommodating when my husband asked for a taste of the sauce used for the chicken parm -marinara by the way--before ordering the meal. The meals were big enough that we both took a box home with us. Some earlier reviewers have mentioned the decor and the not "real" wine glasses. Yep -- wine was served in a stemmed water goblet and the decor is a little dark, a little scattershot...but as my title above says...think trattoria in some ways. We'll be arranging our travel stops around this restaurant again.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is great the help is fast and courteous. Always changing for the better. Nice menu and servers always ready with knowledge to explain the great Italian cru sine to you.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

As a local resident, I have dined at Mario's many, many times. The restaurant is small by most standards; however, it is extremely clean and the food and service is excellent. I "highly" recommend their weekday lunch specials; especially the linguine with clams marinara (my favorite) and if you're in the mood for a soda, ask them to "make" you a cherry coke...

1  Thank McVaugh

Been to Mario's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!