“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Easy to find location near both Interstates with a very friendly staff. The room was a fantastic size and very clean with plenty of space to relax. This hotel also had a nice indoor pool, which was a definite plus. Additionally, Gettysburg and Antietam are both an easy drive away. Complimentary breakfast was good, although more hot options would be nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Alexandria
Reviewed July 11, 2013

As a reasonably priced hotel, this was a perfect choice for us to be near, but not "on top of" Gettysburg for the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War Battle there -for three overnights. Every morning we had a very peasant 24 mile drive through lovely courtyside into town, which suited us well. Clean and friendly, and a nice comfortable place to come back to after a long hot day of walking all over, the hotel was ideal -right off an exit on Rt 81 next to beautiful open farm country -quiet and peaceful. Another exit south were plenty of places to eat and there was a McDonald's for those desparate times just a quarter mile away. We met with family there from Maine, northern PA and Virginia - all agreed this was a fine choice for our adventure. We have marked this hotel in our travel log fo future use when traveling in that area. Thank you for a very comfortable stay.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Janet F
Rocky Mount, Virginia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel and room were very basic but clean and comfortable. The sink would not drain very well but otherwise was okay. My only real complaint is that the price was so jacked up for the reenactment in Gettysberg but everything else was too. The staff was friendly.

Turtlepoint, PA
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Hall and room smelled of smoke badly. Refrigerator in room did not work and I was lucky to get microwave to work. Hotel carpets need to be cleaned. Elevator smells of stale smoke. Continental breakfast was lacking.

• Stayed July 2013
Topeka, KS
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have to say, I think there are some "corporate" reviews going on with this hotel. I noticed many of the "5 Star" reviews are from reviewers who have made only one review. Additionally, there is NO way any one could review this place as 5 stars. I'm no Prima Donna, in fact I've spent years staying in hotels for Railroad workers (I work in the RR industry). So, I've stayed in some bad hotels. The Super 8 in Scotland, PA is very quite possibly the worst I've ever been to. I took my family to the 150th anniversary week of the Gettysburg battle. We had two rooms booked at this Super 8 over a year in advance. First, we were put in Smoking rooms when we clearly rented Non-smoking rooms. The beds are worn out, having sheets that are so old, you can see the mattress through them. Each room gets three towels that are small and thin and again so old there are areas that can be seen through. No room has an ironing board. If you want to iron your clothes, you get to do it in the "common" laundry room downstairs in the lobby. Yes... you get to iron your clothes in the lobby. Our room had a wall with slime running down the wall. It appeared as though someone had thrown a beer or soda against the wall and the liquid had run down the wall....apparently never cleaned or painted over. The toilet was stained with disgusting dark black rings in the bowl and needed replacement. Simply put, this place is a dump. I found no evidence of bugs in the two rooms we had. We ended up finding a hotel 15 miles away that had two rooms remaining, so we booked them and paid nearly triple the going rates because the entire region is sold out (for the Gettysburg Anniversary). I am not a happy camper. I make reservations over a year in advance for a HUGE event. I pay a considerably higher rate, but still get a lower rate that people making reservations in the last couple months AND I end up paying the highest rate possible on the last two rooms in a 50 miles area because this Super 8 is so bad. This place is awful. Your forewarned.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel