“Great for a party”

Bonanza Steakhouse
Ranked #57 of 176 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We had a birthday dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The private side room was provided. Although there were other groups in the room, we had the area at the front. The waitress attended to our needs efficiently. Loved it and would go again.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Huge variety. Lots of discounts for senior and military.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

Bonanza is a buffet and supposed Steakhouse but I would highly reccommend passing on either of those options. The buffet food was all right at best. The salad bar was old the lettuce was turning brown and there was salad dressing overflowing and smeared all over the place. I got some chicken wings off the hot bar and half of them were good but the other half were bloody when I bit into them.

To top it off, I ordered a steak. Ordered it Medium Well and when my server brought it out it was still oozing out blood. When I mentioned to my server about this they took it back and about 30-45 minutes later brought me out another steak. This time it was burnt and I couldn't even cut it with the knife they gave me. The server saw I was struggling to cut into and asked if I would like it sent back again, I refused.

If you have an hour and half to waste at a restaurant for food that isn't even good then this is your place! If not, then I would reccommend passing on this "steakhouse." The service was horrid, the managers didn't even seem present and the cook(s) were just flat out horrible.

2  Thank nothungryorhappynow
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Conveniently located in the Chambersburg Mall, Bonanza is a great choice for those on a budget. The variety of food, salads, and desserts was huge and was attractively displayed on food bars which were kept spotlessly clean by an attentive staff. One price covers everything, except your beverage. Complimentary coffee is offered, after your dinner. Service was attentive and pleasant. The restaurant was clean and attractive. A senior discount is offered for those over 60. The food bar offered several main courses, fish, chicken, meat, and ham. Several soups were hot and delicious. This is a great buffet restaurant where one can enjoy a great dinner, without having to spend a fortune.

2  Thank Cruiser100
Reviewed November 30, 2010

The restaurant is dark, cold and out dated. I ordered my steak medium rare and it was served way over due and was cruchy on one side. Spoke to a Manager, Karen I believe was her name, she agreed that a medium rare steak should not be cruchy but she was not going to do anything to fix the situation. As for the salad bar, if you like food from a can this is your place. Just about everything on the salad bar came from a can. As for the service, you can forget about it. The employees have the same attitude as the manager - that once they take your money - screw you we have your money so you can't do anything about our horrible service and food.

2  Thank wipedout