“Front desk true customer advocate”

Days Inn Chambersburg
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Broome County NY
“Front desk true customer advocate”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Don't make reservations on the Days Inn website! Call the hotel directly. Website snookered me into a hard contract for a 2nite stay, when all I wanted was a reservation. But the Chambersburg desk clerk fought the central office for me, and fixed the problem. Now, whenever I'm in Franklin or Adams Co. PA, I'll sure stay at Cays Inn Chambersburg. But I'll call them to reserve. I'll never again trust the Days Inn website.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
pa
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Days Inn was not your ideal luxury experience, but it wasn't miserable. Our two double bed room got very hot at night, but the beds were comfortable. The continetal breakfast was a joke, with stale donuts and bagels and in a very minimal seating area, and the 'out side pool' was tiny, but in a comfortable, private area in the back. Our room was cleaned when we returned home in the evening and the staff were friendly. The entire place lacked brightness and cheer, and the decorations were shabby and dull. But the rooms and bath rooms were clean and moldless. Preferable for someone on business, not a family on vacation.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank macsclans

Travelers are raving about these Chambersburg hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We booked at the Days Inn based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. Admittedly, it received overrated reviews.

Pros: Location--20 to 30 minutes from Gettysburg, IMMEDIATELY off the highway; Service staff was very courteous and made significant efforts to meet our needs (we arrived extremely late and needed a crib).

Cons: Decor. hotel looked old, carpet worn, our room had some (more than to be expected) paint chips and a poorly patched hole in the bathroom door. Breakfast--stale cereal and english muffins; no high chair.

I think the property was under new management, and perhaps they are addressing these problems. If they made some significant efforts to clean up the decor, we might stay there again if just passing through (or if they lowered their rates).

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Decor
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Brofinany
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Stayed there for one night. The walls were a bit thin, but otherwise a fine stopover.

I did not notice that I had booked a non-refundable/un-cancelable room online. I found this to be a bit uncompetitive. I am not sure whether this was a corporate or local policy, but be aware of it.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — thin walls
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
New England
Reviewed February 15, 2008

This motel is right at the northbound exit so you won’t have any trouble finding it. With a coupon from travelcoupon dot com or roomsaver dot com, the price is reasonable. My room was nice. The heater is very powerful. It is loud, but with a very smooth sound, which didn’t bother me, and it drowned out the ice maker in the hallway. The breakfast was fine, although the hockey pucks, I mean donuts, are the supermarket pre-packaged kind. The bagels were good, but the motel had the worst toaster I have ever seen. With few other customers on this winter evening, my room was very quiet.

GA2MA’s top tip: ask for a room on the east side (parking lot) not on the west side, which faces the Interstate. Also, do not accept a room whose number ends in 00 or 01. They are directly across from the elevator and the loudest ice machine I have ever heard.

• Liked — quietness (with heater one), comfort, shower
  • Disliked — ice maker in hallway, breakfast
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
highwayman935
Reviewed July 12, 2007

I think the title wraps it up rather well. Chuck, the manager at the Days Inn at Chambersburg is just short of being a saint. The Army had
me working in Chambersburg in May of 2006 and there were many hotels to choose from. Lets be honest, soldiers don't stay at the Four Points, so the Days Inn fit me well. Check in was fast, friendly, and
easy. Smiles and jokes to boot.

More importantly I want to make mention of the great conversations had with the management. If you are a soldier, take a moment to actually converse with Chuck (he's the blond haired guy). He'll tell you some stories and give you the low down on where to go and what to
get into in Chambersburg.

After a night at the Inn I decided to go to The Cottage (A local hang
out and six pack shop) for a brew or a few. I decided not to stay but
picked up a six pack or three and headed back to the Days Inn. Chuck hooked me up with a mini fridge and as a show of thanks I shared a few as we sat and talked.

Be responsible, be courtious, be a decent person.

The rooms here are not the greatest. The continental breakfast isn't the greatest either. But I would choose the Days Inn at Chambersburg OVER ANY OTHER HOTEL for the simple reason that the managment is the finest I've ever dealt with.

• Liked — The Manager
  • Disliked — There was work being done outside on the parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank highwayman935
Tamaqua, PA
Reviewed June 14, 2007

My job has me working in the Chambersburg area which is too far for me to commute back and forth daily. There are many motels to choose from in the area, but felt that the Days Inn was the best choice and offered the best nightly rate. I have been staying there usually 4 nights per week. The staff and management are friendly and are always accommodating. It is located right off of exit 16 on interstate 81. Downtown Chambersburg is about two miles west on route 30. There are many fast food restaurants within a short distance. The Days inn offers a free continental breakfast. Nothing fancy, but it is a great way to start off the day. Bagels, muffins, donuts, cereal, fruit, coffee, and juice.They have an outdoor pool in the back which is open until 10:00 PM. The rooms are clean,comfortable, and are a decent size. I think all have small refrigerators and some have microwaves. If you need a nights rest while traveling on 81or are looking for a place to stay while in the Chambersburg area, The Days Inn is the right choice.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business