Super 8 Chambersburg I-81
HIExpress.com
$100
CandlewoodSuites
$93
Red Roof Inn Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
$65
Chambersburg Travelodge(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
$49
Motel 6 Chambersburg(Chambersburg)
$50
$134
Hampton.com
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
$53
All reviewscomfort innhot tubroom was cleanstayed two nightswafflesbreakfast providednice breakfast in the morningsausagecoupon raterestful sleepbit worntwo night staychoice hotelsexercise roomtwo queen bedsparking lotnice place to stay
Reviewed March 21, 2009

My husband and I are from NY and we were traveling back through the area and decided why not stay at Comfort Inn since they were advertising a lovely coupon rate of 56.99$. When we get there we met the front desk girl who checked us in and did seem interested in us what so ever. I was skeptic at first about staying at this hotel but we checked in. Later in the evening another front desk woman was there I would say around 5, she was very professional, charming, elegant and friendly. By far the MOST help even though she insisted she was new. So me and my husband go up to the room and this is where it all start, I notice the main lamp lying on the floor (lamp shade was bent) I am startled by this and decide to call the front desk to let her know it was not use that way I did not get held responsible. After awhile we get settled in and I notice my dog chewing on something, I became a little upset at this point when I realized it was the wrapper from the mints they put in the rooms that I did NOT touch. I thought maybe my husband might have ate one but came to realization later on in the day that he did not. As we go to pull the comforter back in the two queen sized bed room I noticed a mark on the comforter and that is what topped my level of cleanliness. I immediately went down to the front desk girl and explained to her all the events, she offered to change my room but I was already in the room and figured I would make the best of the events. She did give me a new comforter in exchange for the old one but I refused to sleep in that bed because who only knows what lied in it that day or the night before. Next, and yes I said next there is more; we go down to get in the jacuzzi and this is the main reason why I stayed at this hotel, to find out it is not hot. Again, I go to the front desk girl and that is when she confessed she is new and was told that it was not working properly earlier but might get hot in a few hours, we checked again and it was still not hot. I felt bad for the charming young lady for all my complaints, as she handled as best as she could. I advised her I would be down in the morning to make a complaint. I am in the hotel as of now and the only thing I can compliment them on is being pet friendly and the front desk lady. She is a keeper. The high speed internet is the best feature so far. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and will never stay here again if I am traveling back home. That is where it leads me to , what can go wrong next?

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2009

After a long day of driving, I want to relax with a glass of wine and a decent meal. Neither of the above was possible the night I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Chambersburg (actually NOT in Chambersburg -- about five miles up the road). It was a dry township, and the only food within walking distance was McDonald's. Finding a real restaurant meant getting back on the interstate -- the last thing in the world I want to do after driving all day. Some things about the room were clean, but I was very glad I had no need to touch the telephone (see attached picture). The breakfast was below average for Comfort Inn & Suites. The one good thing about the motel -- and this is a biggy to me -- was that the net connection was stable and reasonably fast.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2008

We booked this hotel at the last minute for 10 rooms as we were attending a softball tournament. Now I know why they were the only hotel in the area with rooms available.

The lobby was very warm with no AC, which is same area you have your breakfast at.

The pool was nice but very warm in the enclosed area.

The exercise room was closed until further notice. Don't know why!

The room - Smelled like mildew. Was not just our room but every room of the 10 we booked. Some worse than others.

The shower curtain was black at the bottom and yellow stains on the ceiling.

Was scared to sleep in the bed since the condition of the rest of the room was not good.

Continental breakfast was a choice of cereal, fresh fruit or waffles. Did not eat so I cannot rate. The area where you eat was about 90 degrees because there was no AC.

There was one computer in the lobby area for your use and was very slow.

For $99 a night I expected a little more from this hotel and Comfort Inn.

I would not recommend this hotel until it is cleaned up more!

• Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank ooley
Reviewed May 21, 2008

Check-in was pleasant. The young lady at the desk, from No. Carolina, was sharp, funny, and friendly. It was late and she said there were only smoking rooms available. No problem. I asked to see the room, and when I checked #118, it seemed as if someone had taken a nap on the rumpled bedspread. She changed the key to Rm. 120. I took a casual look at the room, checked the bathroom for cleanliness, and we signed in.

I didn't turn on all the lights, just a lamp near the table, so I could set up my laptop. The hotel offered free Wi-fi, but when I tried to sign on there was only one network available, and it was "unsecured." Nervous, I called the desk, and was assured it would be okay for email.

I had no reason to turn on the light by the phone until I decided to leave a wakeup call. And when I turned on that light I saw the very phone that I had used earlier was so disgustingly filthy and encrusted in grime, that I never would have touched it had I seen it before.

Now I turned on all the lights and thought I'd be sick: Cobwebs hung from the ceiling and down the walls; the light switches and plate covers, hair dryer plug, hair dryer, and coffee maker were as filthy as the telephone. The top of a large covered panel on the wall near the entry door was covered with a quarter-inch of built-up dust, as were the bedside lamps. There were food wrappers behind the night table that separated the two double beds, and we didn't have to move the table to see this, since the table was several inches away from the wall. Both the "Do Not Disturb" sign and, ironically, the "100% Guest Satisfaction" card, which had been placed on the bedspread by the maid, were dirty and untouchable.

I walked down to the front desk to complain about all of this. The cheerful young woman had been replaced by an equally nice guy. He offered to change our room, but my husband was already undressed and in bed, and we had unpacked, so this was not an option. At my request, he came with me to the room, along with a replacement telephone, and he noted all the things I pointed out. He said he would take 20% off the bill, and that was all he was authorized, but he did hand me the General Manager's card and told me to call her, saying that he was sure she'd take care of the rest of the bill. The final indignity of the night was the hair on the pillowcase that I was about to put my head on.

Well, so much for "100% Guest Satisfaction". When I was finally able to contact the manager three days later and relayed all of the details, there was not a hint of an apology. She asked why we didn't get switched to another room. Then she asked me what I'd like her to do. I said I wanted the room comped. Her cold reply was that we had already been given a lower rate at check-in because of the hour, and then got a 20% discount. But she grudgingly stated that she'd take another 30% off the bill.

End of story. In my book, 50% off means "50% Customer Satisfaction." Stay at the Comfort Inn in Chambersburg, PA if you, too, want to be 50% Satisfied and 100% Disgusted.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sukki007
Reviewed May 19, 2008

After several disastrous Comfort Inns in a row, this one was quite a pleasant surprise: spacious and nicely appointed spotless rooms, gracious personnel, and invitingly pet-friendly. The free breakfast was adequate. I'd certainly stay here again. It provided a pleasant and refreshing haven after a day of driving. At exit 20 of I-81. No restaurants at that exit but half-decent ones at exits 16 and 17, which are 4 minutes away.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple