“Good hotel”

Super 8 Chambersburg I-81
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Good clean hotel with adequate facilities, friendly and helpful staff, good airconditioning and decent breakfast. Some road noise in rooms near highway. Central location makes it handy for shopping, eating etc.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are nearest reception away from the highway
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angus29
KATHY R, General Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your stay. We are always pleased when we can meet or exceed our guests expectations. We hope to see you again on your travels!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I don't live to far from this comfort Inn but we just wanted a couple days to ourselves. We couldn't have picked a better place. Very clean, nice breakfast, room was very clean and nice, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We r smokers the first night we had to take a non-smoking room (we arrived with no reservations), but second day they were happy to allow us to move to a smoking room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tina L
KATHY R, General Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing with us your great little get away experience! We are so glad that you were able to enjoy yourselves and that we were able to accommodate your needs. Thanks again and we hope to see you again the next time around.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had a one night stay at this Comfort Inn as my friend and I travelled to Raleigh! North Carolina. We did not have a reservation and we arrived at 6:30 pm.
We were warmly greater and checked in in minutes. Our room was extremely comfortable. The beds were the best. We were directed to a local restaurant for dinner, which proved to be very good. Cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
KATHY R, General Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you so much for the positive review on your visit this week! We are always glad to hear from our guests. It is a great way to measure how we are doing. Have a great time this summer and we will see you on your way back.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was in the area (about 20 miles away in Path Valley) and looking for a clean, quiet place to sleep. On the way to Chambersburg, I telephoned 2 local hotels and then happened upon the Comfort Inn, pulled into the parking lot and went in to the lobby without reservations. The front desk people checked me in quickly and professionally and I was soon on my way to bed, a comfortable bed, and sleep. I agree with another writer, the assigned room was a bit dated, most noticeably the carpet, clean, but needed to be replaced. The bathroom, shower - toilet was separate from the well-light sink. I had no issues except with my own poor planning - I did not have a bathing suit with me and unable to enjoy the nice pool and hot tub. The hotel is conveniently located and has a good breakfast bar. My thanks to General Manager, Kathy Rowe, who runs this fine hotel.

Room Tip: There was no outside noise and I imagine that all the rooms are about the same - nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill70-54
KATHY R, General Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you so much! The team has really been working hard on going above and beyond for our guests. I believe I remember you and it was a pleasure to have served you here. We wish you safe travels and please stop by again should you be in the neighborhood. Don't forget your suit! :)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had a one night stay here, and it was a great experience. First the kind of poor part, the room was a bit dated, the electric plugs were tough to find, and the room could use a make over.

With that said, the entire place was great. The room was really big and clean. The bed was comfortable, and the TV had a ton of channels. When you travel for business, and spend a lot of time in a room, it is great to have a good selection on the TV.

The staff was excellent. Friendly at check in, pleasant at other times, like passing in the hall or in the lobby.

There is an indoor pool that looked nice, but I didn't have the chance to try it.

All in all, if I am in that area again, it is the definite place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Justaguy061
KATHY R, General Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your visit. The staff will be so delighted to hear that their hard work pays off. We are due for some upgrades this year. We have a board in the lobby that shows what is coming. We are all very excited about it. Please stop on your travels again and maybe you will be able to enjoy the upgrades.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

First the water in the back of the toilet kept running, then the refrigerator froze all food I put in there for overnight, but the real issue was lukewarm shower. Although I ran the water for 5 minutes turning the knobs to try & get hotter water, the shower was never hot enough to shower. Upon check out when asked how everything was I explained the above & was told a quick "I'm sorry"..... Didn't feel that this was enough for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. Thankfully we are scheduled for several upgrades this year. I am sorry it was not ready for your visit. Please stop back by should you be in the area and give us another try. We grow because of the input our guests give us.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding night before we left to get on our cruise the next morning. We just wanted a nice clean place to sleep after a long day and a good nights rest so we could be ready to drive to port the following day. This hotel was perfect, the check in was fast the room was clean and it was really quiet.The room itself was awesome, there was a large jacuzzi and a big comfortable bed also a big bathroom. Overall the room was really large and for an extended stay there would be enough space to unpack and enjoy. The hotel also had a pool but since we got there late and left early we didn't get a chance to use it. I didn't have any complaints with the hotel or the room. Great location as well, very close to the Chambersburg Mall.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
KATHY R, General Manager at Super 8 Chambersburg I-81, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Well let me just say CONGRAD\TULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING! We thank you for taking extra time out of your trip to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We always try to make every visit a good experience and this is even better since you were on such an eventful trip! We hope that you will make us a regular stop on your journeys and wish you the best in your future.