“Welcoming stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chambersburg
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed June 19, 2008

This hotel turned out to be a pleasant surprise for this well known chain inn hotel. Not only was the front desk manager, as well as the general manager of this establishment extremely cordial, but it felt like you were staying with friends. From the moment you walk in at the front desk, you felt welcome. I was booked to stay at this hotel for three days, but enjoyed it so much that I stayed an extra day. Facilities turned out to be clean, and the price was just right. A full service breakfast bar was also awaiting those who arose the next day for a morning meal. Compared to other hotels under this brand that I've stayed, both good and bad, I will definitely use this Fairfield Inn again. If I ever travel through Chambersburg again, I will certainly stay at this welcoming facility.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo

Reviewed November 19, 2007

My husband and I stayed here overnight. The hotel itself was very clean and attractive. The person at the front desk was knowledgeable and very friendly. The pool and hot tub looked great but unfortunately we did not bring our suits so we couldn't take advantage of it.

When we got up to our room I used the bathroom facilities. I noticed that there was only 1/4 roll of toilet paper on one roll and about 1/2 roll on the other one with no extra rolls in the bathroom. Then I noticed that we had no extra towels and no refrigerator in our room. These two things were important because my husband is a Marriott Rewards member and on his account info we have two requests per stay: extra towels and a refrigerator in the room!

When I went down to the front desk, the man behind the counter apologized and gave me an extra towel (along with more TP) for the night. I mentioned the refrigerator but he did not offer a new room. It was ok for this trip (we really didn't need it) but I was disappointed. We had received an e-mail from the hotel itself earlier in the week and it stated that our Marriott requests were noted. They might have been noted but they were not carried out.

We got a good night's sleep - the beds were very comfortable with four pillows per bed! However, when we took showers the next morning we noticed that there was mold in the corner of the bathtub and all around the soapdish. We mentioned this at checkout and were told that the hotel was recently refurbished and that the mold was unacceptable. We agreed.

Would we stay here again? I don't know. In the past we have stayed at the Hampton Inn across the street from this Fairfield Inn. We didn't have any problems over there. My husband just joined the Marriott Rewards for business so we thought we'd try this hotel chain out. It will be a toss-up next time which one we pick for our stay.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank clvogt
Reviewed August 24, 2007

We stayed here for a one night stay on the way home from Virginia. We picked it because it was affiliated with the Marriott and we have had good luck with that chain and this for the most part lived up to its name. The hotel was easy to get to, right off the highway, and was quiet. A couple of things we found odd, though. We booked two rooms through their website and when we arrived they had one room on the first floor and one on the third! Since we were traveling as a family that wasn't acceptable and they were able to fix it and put us on the third floor with adjoining rooms. After settling into the rooms, we pulled back the covers on one bed and found what looked like a cracker or cookie crumb in the bed. Then we noticed a plastic bag or cup cover on the floor between the bed and nightstand. The front desk said the room was in their computer as being clean but if we wanted we could move to another room. Since it was after 10 pm and we were already in PJs and very tired, and the rest of the room looked clean, we chose to stay.
The beds were comfortable and they offer a continental breakfast which was pretty standard but was enough to give us something before we hit the road to go home. We would stay here again if we were traveling through.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank redsawx6
Reviewed June 2, 2007

We stayed at this hotel half way on our trip to the Smoky Mountains. We stayed 2 nights, one night going down, the other coming back up. The first night they had a large group (graduaton party or something), was a bit noisy but settled down by 11pm. Second night was very quiet, with the exception of a thunderstorm. Their power did go out for about 7 seconds. The storm also set off the fire alarms. The fire department showed up to make sure everything was okay, which it was. This all happened around 10 pm. But it wasn't a problem at all.
The rooms are very clean with just enough room.
The continental breakfast was just right....doughnuts, muffins, toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. They had breakfast sandwiches you could microwave and a waffle maker as well.
I would stay here again if traveling this way.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2006

Just off I-81 this Fairfield Inn is amazingly quiet and tranquil. Clean, comfortable, pleasant staff, good fitness room, fine indoor pool and spa (with doors opening to a nice patio with patio furniture), good breakfast and just next door to Cracker Barrel restaurant. We'll remember this one when traveling next on I-81. It's 270 miles from our home so perfect location coming or going!

A TripAdvisor Member
Chambersburg, PA
Reviewed June 7, 2004

This hotel franchise is one of the best. This one in particular is in my hometown. I was able to hold my daughters birthday party at the in door pool. We had a blast! The staff was so friendly & accommadating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that visits my home town. They are conviently located along I-81.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Danville, Ohio
Reviewed May 9, 2004

This hotel was absolutely fantastic, they served cookies in the lobby as a snack in the evening, had a great indoor pool and jacuzzi, and everyone was so delightful to deal with. The room I stayed in was very clean and I will be going back to stay everytime I go back to Chambersburg! Keep up the great work!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member