“Another Wright Creation”

106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Another Wright Creation”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

So glad we learned about this other Wright home when visiting Falling Waters. We loved the views and the way it set into the land. Smaller and totally different from Falling Waters, but worth the visit.

Visited November 2013

Bucharest, Romania
355 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 316 helpful votes
“Cute and cosy”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Less big than its older sister, the Fallingwater, but much more homey. If weather permits you can take a walk from the visitor center. If not, take the bus offers by KK. Again stupid and strict rules of photography... That's the part I hate. Anyhow a good lesson on Usonian homes and Wright. Impressive by its modesty but elegant. A bit too pricey the admission...

Visited April 2014
Stockton, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Total Surprise”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I decided to visit Kentuck Knob following a trip to Falling Water. As others have admitted, I wasn't expecting much. I was blown away by the actual structure and the grounds surrounded by artwork. This was certainly a memorable experience and I have a picture of Kentuck Knob in my bedroom. If you go to Falling Water stop here.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Tlacuache909
Albany, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“See Fallingwater and then go to Kentuck Knob”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My late husband and I are huge Frank Lloyd Wright fans. I wish I could see all his homes and
places. This home is owned by a private individual and it is full of fine antiques. It is a beautiful home set in a very private setting.

Visited May 2013
New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Who Knew? And 6 Miles from Falling Water”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We'd visited Falling Water twice but somehow never seen Kentuck Knob. I expected a junior version of Falling Water without much new. I was wrong. The building as architecture has its own importance. But beyond that, it is owned by a world-class collector. It reflects the taste of the owner and is full of and surrounded by furniture and objects of art that are themselves worth a visit. Falling Water, by comparison, is relatively empty. We went on a cold, rainy day, but the walk through the sculpture garden was rewarding nevertheless. The view of 3 states, shrouded in fog, was memorable. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic. All in all, a must see for SW Pennsylvania. We went from there to Nemacolin. What a study in contrasts!

Visited January 2014